• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Well...now that that's over...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I hope Selvie stays for his senior year.

If he is projected to go very high on the first round I hope he leaves. Look at Brohm, went from Top 5 to 2nd round pick. In the long run it will help our program more.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726

You guys want Selvie to leave...???

I think he'll stay...be more of a dominating force.  lol

I think Schmidt, McKenzie, Taurus, and C. Hill have a chance.  If Taurus can keep making the kind of catches he made at Auburn...and being a clutch receiver like he can be, then I see no reason.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  223

I think Schmidt, McKenzie, Taurus, and C. Hill have a chance.  If Taurus can keep making the kind of catches he made at Auburn...and being a clutch receiver like he can be, then I see no reason.

GO BULLS!!!

The tempation of a multi million dollar contract and playing in the pros is awfully tempting. Plus, he could get injured if he stays for his senior year. We don't WANT him to leave, LOL. I would say unless he truly feels USF can win the NC by his senior year, he jets next year.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Anybody here think Mike Ford stays if he has a year that puts him anywhere in the first round.  Guy spun his wheels two years to get to USF and RB's are used, abused and thrown away in the NFL like no other position.  Especially need to be reminded that we graduate three offensive linemen next year.

Since I think it is possible for Mike to dominate in 08 and since I think our OL situation may be chaotic in 09, I think mike could take the money this year if there is money to be taken.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

GO BULLS!!!

The tempation of a multi million dollar contract and playing in the pros is awfully tempting. Plus, he could get injured if he stays for his senior year. We don't WANT him to leave, LOL. I would say unless he truly feels USF can win the NC by his senior year, he jets next year.

I didn't include Selvie on my list because he has said he wants to play at USF through his senior year in order to get leavitt to 100 wins. He can take out an insurance contract to protect himself, like many other NFL prospects do who play their senior year.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I think (and hope) the Selvie leaves early.  If so, he will be the next Bull drafted.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Unless Selvie are truly ready and areprojected to be solid first round guys then I would want them to leave.  Even if a guy has huge numbers doesn't necessarily mean he will be ready to be a first or second round draft choice.  The NFL looks for things other than just stats.  For Selvie to be a first rounder coming out as a JR he will probably need to put on some more weight and he is still learning the position.  He had nice stats, but he was far from dominating.  he had a tough time when he was double teamed and was taken out of several games.  That's enough to drop a guy from a solid first rounder to a mid 4th or 5th.  Stupid, in my opinion, to throw away the chance to grow another year and be assured of a guaranteed big time selection.

Ford may have the physical skills and talent, but will 1 year really make him a first day guy?  He is stil llearning to run behind the right  blockers and stil learning pass blocking schemes.  Not sure that no matter what kind of yardage he puts up this year that he will be a first day guy.  1 year of success at this level doesn't necessarily make the guy ready to play in the NFL.  I hope all these guys talk to Shurron Pierson before they think they are ready to come out.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

who knows?

all speculation

it wont be ford

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I think the knock on Selvie will be the same as the one from Ohio States DE Vernon Gholston (who was picked #6 overall)

He can get you sack in lumps and a few a game, but also has the tendency to look absent in some games. 

With us, in the beginning of the year he looked like a lock for All American and then disappeared in some midseason games.

Archived