• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Over-night that contract if?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Translation:

There was a recent article where the ND AD said he understands why Rutgers wouldn't sign a contrat with them if they couldn't play at their home stadium, but it only took him ten seconds to get someone else instead. Some people interpret that to mean that a school in addition to UConn is making a similar deal with them. Since ND wants to play in the east, Syracuse has been considered a possibilty. Other people speculate that maybe it's USF. Of course, it is very possible that the ND AD was talking about its series with UCONN, rather than an additional school.

Hey Tilden, you are lucky I speak fluent Brooklynese. LOL

In answer to your question, I don't think it is USF the ND AD was talking about. We already are playing them @ND in 2011. If they wanted to play us for example in Orlando they could have done that instead, but they didn't. We really don't have any openings to play ANY BCS teams left through 2013. So, any series with ND would have to be done after that date. Our scheduling philosophy is to play only two BCS out of conference teams each year. I don't think Leavitt wants to add any more BCS games, since that would put us at a distinct disadvantage every year.

What disadvantage would we be in by blowing away a 2-10 team like syracuse.  The only difference is that it'd be a 2-10 Notre Dam and people would be like look at how har a schedule they played.

We are ALREADY playing a game with ND and I doubt that when it is played they will be a 2-10 team since they had arguably the #1 recuiting class in the country this year and by 2011 they should have a pretty decent team. Who knows how good we will be then? Schedules are done years in advance and we don't have a crystal ball. believe it or not, Syracuse won't always be 2-10 either. LOL

That one game with them is sufficient, since we have five NAME games with Miami, two games @Florida, two games with Michigan State and some other attractive BCS schools coming up on our future schedules. In any event, ND has ZERO interest in playing us at Raymond James Stadium as they wouldn't want us to have a competitive advantage. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Why do people get so bent out of shape about ND.  They do what benefits them.  You know what..........thats good business sense.  They don't want to play in 50,000 seat high school stadium.  So what.  What they do, has nothing to do with what we do when scheduling.  I hope USF does whatever benefits USF. 

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Dana Jacobson said it best about Notre Dame....

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

so if I am reading this thread correctly... its saying that ND has a major unannounced series set up with a Big East team thats not Rutgers, Pittsburg + Syracuse + uConn (already announced), UWV, UL or Cincinatti.

Do I have that right?

• Content Count:  765

The goal is to win the Big East and get to a BCS bowl.  A series with Notre Dame would be fun, but it does nothing to help us win the Big East and get to a BCS bowl.  It is an outliner and we don’t need it.    If it means giving up home games it is not only something we don’t need it is a negative. 

The other piece is that I doubt Notre Dame really considers us an "eastern" school.  They want a high profile game in the northeast not in Florida.  Teams like Maryland, Penn State or BC more closely fit the profile they are looking for.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

ND will be playing WVU and Cincy (2 for 1 with the return at Paul Brown stadium) Shold be announced soon. They wanted to give UL the same deal they gave us.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Leavitt, doesn't want the OOC schedule to be more difficult than necessary. Right now we have a good enough future BCS OOC slate. There has to be a mix of OOC opponents from easy to hard, so as not to overtax our players heading into conference play.

I know and I understand why our schedule is the way it is. I am just saying that I disagree with that philosophy. There are plenty of teams who have tough schedules in BCS conferences who are not afraid to go out and schedule some tough OOC games. USC, Tennessee, and Auburn immediately come to mind.

• Content Count:  1,777

I do not know all the details involved but if ND wants to play in the northeast they may also consider schools from other conferences such as the ACC i.e Maryland.  A few years ago they played Maryland in Giants Stadium so I would not be surprised if they went that path again.

Now my personal biased belief is that USF would be a much better team to schedule. It gives ND an opportunity to recruit in Florida and Tampa is like a second home for New Yorkers, ie the Yankees.

I believe USF would be handle the tougher schedule, considering the existing schedule. The worse that can happen is USF loses some of the games but that is a risk that USF takes everytime they step on the field whether they play BCS, Non-BCS or FCS teams.  The key here is that it improves the stength of schedule and that is something that resonates year after year; call it "College Football Street Credibility." Having a home and home series with Miami that spans from 2009 - 2013 and Notre Dame that spans from 2011 until a TBD date with the USF home games played in TAMPA not ORLANDO would make senses.

There is no difference between RayJay and the Citrus Bowl. Both can hold the same amount of people plu RayJay is a newer stadium

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

In answer to your question, I don't think it is USF the ND AD was talking about. We already are playing them @ND in 2011. If they wanted to play us for example in Orlando they could have done that instead, but they didn't. We really don't have any openings to play ANY BCS teams left through 2013. So, any series with ND would have to be done after that date. Our scheduling philosophy is to play only two BCS out of conference teams each year. I don't think Leavitt wants to add any more BCS games, since that would put us at a distinct disadvantage every year.

It could very well be us that Kevin White was talking about. We've moved game with OOC opponents numerous times, so it wouldn't be that difficult to do that again. Philosophies can change if it meant that we'd get ND to play at RJS. You really think we'd bypass a chance for a packed RJS over playing a FAU/FIU, or a 1 AA opponent? Adding more BCS games does not put us at a distinct disadvantage. I've never bought into that arguement.

Provided that White was not speaking about UConn as the other team since they are playing, I'd think we'd be in a good postion. ND is already playing Pitt, UConn and Syracuse in the future. Rutgers is out. I would doubt they'd play Louisville or WVU since they are not near major ND alum markets. That leaves us with Cincinnati. While I could see the Bearcats playing downtown in the Bengals Stadium I don't see ND wanting to play there.

That bring us to USF. You mention Orlando. ND has not announced who they are playing there yet, so we'd be an option. If we play there once and then get a couple of games at RJS you make that deal.

usf needs to stop with the 1aaaa games and step up and take on all comers iof usf wants to progress as a program

look what auburn win did for usf

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Leavitt, doesn't want the OOC schedule to be more difficult than necessary. Right now we have a good enough future BCS OOC slate. There has to be a mix of OOC opponents from easy to hard, so as not to overtax our players heading into conference play.

I know and I understand why our schedule is the way it is. I am just saying that I disagree with that philosophy. There are plenty of teams who have tough schedules in BCS conferences who are not afraid to go out and schedule some tough OOC games. USC, Tennessee, and Auburn immediately come to mind.

leavitt is afraid to play big boys more than he has to

is there really any doubt

usf hasnt done well against big boys(save auburn)

overtaxing players?????? come on

Archived