• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amarri signs with BUCS in his mind

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

Looks like the Bucs extended contract offers (so far) to three "tryout" guys after the rookie minicamp that just wrapped up.  One is a FB from Ohio State, not sure about if Amarrri was one of the other two...He might be better off if they don't watch a lot of film on him. 

On the bright side - the players who did not get contract offers were allowed to keep their tryout helmets as "motivation"...

Where did you see they offered 3 players? I have not seen that reported anywhere? Link?

I think Tiki may have had some things mixed up a bit. Here's the only thing I've seen about three players that include the OSU FB and keeping helmets ....

BEST EFFORT: Three of the players trying out were rewarded for their outstanding effort during the three-day rookie minicamp. Bethune Cookman LB Ron McCullough (former Hillsborough High standout), Ohio State FB Stan White and Miami C John Rochford all were allowed to keep the helmets they wore during workouts as both a reward and motivation to keep working, Gruden said.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/05/sp-blake-gets-2nd-chance-at-dream/?sports-bucs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah - you're right...I got the info from the Bucs web site this morning...they added a blurb about the three players you mentioned since the last time I had looked...looks like the remaining players have to stick with their old college helmets!

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=6402

Archived