• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amarri signs with BUCS in his mind

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Don't do it Gruden unless you need an extra gunner on special teams (which I think Amarri could possibly excell at, no pass catching skill needed just athleticism and guts)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Don't do it Gruden unless you need an extra gunner on special teams (which I think Amarri could possibly excell at, no pass catching skill needed just athleticism and guts)

So, your hatred for Amarri is so strong that you would pull against a Bull being given a shot in the NFL? What if he hasn't peaked yet, what if he were to get everything right and become a great player, would you still hold a grudge? Did you read the article about how his dad was in jail and mom was on drugs for much of his childhood? Do you think maybe he just wasn't focused while at USF?

I like Amarri, and several of you know I have stuck up for him a lot, but even if I didn't, I can't think of any reason to pull against him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

So, your hatred for Amarri is so strong that you would pull against a Bull being given a shot in the NFL? What if he hasn't peaked yet, what if he were to get everything right and become a great player, would you still hold a grudge? Did you read the article about how his dad was in jail and mom was on drugs for much of his childhood? Do you think maybe he just wasn't focused while at USF?

I like Amarri, and several of you know I have stuck up for him a lot, but even if I didn't, I can't think of any reason to pull against him.

I agree 100%..... Amarri worked his butt off at USF. Sure he droped some passes. I will never forget the night he beat Louisville on his own.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

We didn't utilize Amari like we should have. Its hard when you are only thrown the ball a couple times a game, and usually not high up where you can just snatch it.

Like I said, unless Gruden has plans on using him as a gunner, putting 30 lbs on him and using him as a tight end, he is not a skilled enough WR to make an NFL roster. 

Also, If I was a QB and threw the ball to you 4 times a game (right in your hands) and you dropped 2 of them, you would see less and less throws your way.

One game does not make a career.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Like I said, unless Gruden has plans on using him as a gunner, putting 30 lbs on him and using him as a tight end, he is not a skilled enough WR to make an NFL roster. 

Also, If I was a QB and threw the ball to you 4 times a game (right in your hands) and you dropped 2 of them, you would see less and less throws your way.

One game does not make a career.

Again though, why not pull for him. In my opinion (which means nothing in the real world), Amarri has the size (could add some weight), speed, agility, blocking ability, and route running skills to succeed in the NFL. He is extremely elusive once he gets the ball. So, let's just say that as of March, his focus has really increased, and his hands are like glue. Why would you not want him to get a shot to be in the NFL? Worst case, he is on the team, and is another Bull in the pros. Best case, he really get a lot better, takes a number one receiver spot somewhere and becomes a household name and really propels our program by being a big name offensive player to graduate from USF.

I personally will never pull against a Bull to succeed at the next level. Its like saying, geez, I hope Andre Hall gets cut because he isn't going to play behind Travis Henry and Selvin Young. Why would you say that? Andre had a great game, maybe he will only ever have one great game, but at least he did it and made Bulls fans like myself very proud.

I have given up on arguing about peoples opinions (especially on Amarri), it just baffles me that a USF fan would post that they want him to get cut. Unless you are a family member or personal friend that just doesn't want him to have to deal with the emotions of it all, I just don't get it.

You only get "Cut" if you have a contract.  Amarri is not on the team.  Like I said the man has the athleticism and guts to be a gunner and that is about it.  As a slight Buc fan he has 0 use as a WR. 

Anyway, Jackson making an NFL roster as a WR reflects poorly on our coaching staff.  I can see the negative recruiting now:

"Johnny I see USF is on your list.  Why go there when the had an NFL caliber WR that never led the team in any offensive category in his three years with the team.  Here at fill-in-the-blank U we can MAXIMIZE the potential of our WR recruits. "

I am sure he got his degree, let him go make millions in the business world.

JMHO.

• Content Count:  356

Looks like the Bucs extended contract offers (so far) to three "tryout" guys after the rookie minicamp that just wrapped up.  One is a FB from Ohio State, not sure about if Amarrri was one of the other two...He might be better off if they don't watch a lot of film on him. 

On the bright side - the players who did not get contract offers were allowed to keep their tryout helmets as "motivation"...

On the bright side - the players who did not get contract offers were allowed to keep their tryout helmets as "motivation"...

That is really cool!

• Content Count:  827

Looks like the Bucs extended contract offers (so far) to three "tryout" guys after the rookie minicamp that just wrapped up.  One is a FB from Ohio State, not sure about if Amarrri was one of the other two...He might be better off if they don't watch a lot of film on him. 

Where did you see they offered 3 players? I have not seen that reported anywhere? Link?

Archived