• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amarri signs with BUCS in his mind

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

it was a nice courtesy extended to jackson from gruden

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Jackson really disapointed me this year. I hope he does well on the next level but i doubt it.

• Content Count:  1,457

Jackson and Moffit have about equal chances (25%) of actually making it. 

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

It would be nice to get a few Bulls on the team.  Amarri went to my high school so I really would like to see him make it.  He just drops soooo many passes...

You went to Riverview?! That's where I go!

But yeah, I really hope he can bring his A-Game. He has perfect size, and can make spectacular/impossible catches...but drops easy ones alot.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF:

TAMPA -- Former Bulls Amarri Jackson, Walter Walker and Jared Carnes were invited to attend the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Rookie Camp Friday-Sunday.

None of the three have signed a undrafted free agent contract, but the trio will have the opportunity to impress the hometown NFL team.  Attendees to camp will include the Bucs' entire 2008 draft class, plus any undrafted players that have already formalized a deal.

The Bulls had two players - cornerbacks Mike Jenkins and Trae WIlliams - go in the 2008 NFL Draft. 

Visit GoUSFBulls.com

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

any updates on clebert?

According to Brett:

USF DL Richard Clebert is still in the process of working out a free agent deal. He’s considering Oakland, Miami and Minnesota. 

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/3-bulls-headed-to-bucs-mini-camp/

Miami drafted a DT in the 7th round Lionel Dotson, Arizona. They also have signed an undrafted free agent DT Kory Robertson, Virginia Tech.

Minnesota drafted a DT in the 5th round, Letroy Guion, Florida State. They also signed an undrafted free agent DT Leger Douzable, UCF.

Oakland didn't draft a DT, nor do they have one among their updated list of signed undrafted free agents.

Just based on that, my guess is that Clebert will sign with Oakland.

Greg Auman gives us his update on Clebert:

I've been checking with Clebert's agent, and there's hasn't been anything to report. I'll continue to check with him, but I don't know that he'll have options on the NFL level.

Posted by: G.A. | April 29, 2008 at 12:15 PM

• Content Count:  883

It would be nice to get a few Bulls on the team.  Amarri went to my high school so I really would like to see him make it.  He just drops soooo many passes...

You went to Riverview?! That's where I go!

But yeah, I really hope he can bring his A-Game. He has perfect size, and can make spectacular/impossible catches...but drops easy ones alot.

Yeah, I sure did.  Graduated in 92.  GO RAMS! 

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Tryouts not the biggest test for Amarri Jackson

Young receiver who was raised in an unstable family finds the rigors of NFL tryouts to be a walk in the park

Published Saturday, May 3, 2008 at 7:40 a.m.

TAMPA  Amarri Jackson is not one of those longshot prospects who treats the inherent pressure of a three-day tryout at the Tampa Bay Bucs' mini-camp as a matter of life or death.

For the former Riverview High and University of South Florida wide receiver, this opportunity to show the Buccaneers coaching staff that he deserves an NFL contract is a walk in the park compared to getting to this point in his life.

"From a kid, being down in the gutter, having a mother that's on drugs, I've been through a struggle all my life," Jackson said. "My father not being there, to my mother being in jail, living in a house with six kids, with my aunt (Dondra Ford), I've been through pretty much everything you can go through. My father (Larry Peek) died two years ago, I never really got to know him. So this stuff right here is fun, it's living the life right now."

Jackson is trying out at a position on which the Buccaneers spent their second-round draft choice last week. They already have 12 wide receivers stacked behind Joey Galloway.

"They do, but I've come into programs year-in, year-out proving myself," Jackson said. "When I came in to South Florida, it was the same thing. I'll just use my talent to the fullest. Just going through this is another hurdle to jump over, and then I'm there."

Mark Dominik, the Bucs' director of pro personnel, whose responsibilities include handling player tryouts, likes Jackson because of his size and the playmaking ability he showed at times for the Bulls.

At 6-foot-5, 202 pounds, the Bucs think Jackson can become a physical receiver, if he can make the simple catches he became notorious for dropping in college, along with making receptions in traffic.

"He's got good size to him and he runs good routes. It's just a matter of how fast he can pick up the system and what he does out here," Dominik said.

"With not only work after practice, just kind of having an ability to flash his potential and show what he did in college, his production, and see if that can translate to the NFL level."

Jackson said Bucs coach Jon Gruden emphasized in Thursday's orientation that the tryout players will be judged fairly and equally.

"Coach made that clear on the first day," Jackson said.

"We've got to establish ourselves at that position and it's wide open right now," Gruden said.

"Joey Galloway is obviously the starter at split end but we've got a lot of competition everywhere else."

There are 54 players in the camp, including the Bucs' seven draft choices. Only a handful of the tryout players may get contracts.

"Roster spots are at a premium," Gruden said. "I'm sure there is some pressing going on.

"At the same time, they're learning a brand new system and meeting a lot of new faces. So this is tough. But I did see some guys really do some good things today."

_______

Bucs notebook

Other noteworthy names at the camp include Florida State S Anthony Houlis, Florida S Kyle Jackson, Miami DE Vegas Franklin, Nebraska QB Sam Keller, Nebraska LB Corey McKeon, Florida State G Jacky Claude, Miami C John Rochford, LSU G Brian Johnson, USF T Jared Carnes and Ohio State LB Stan White. ... The mini-camp, which is closed to the public, continues today with an afternoon workout from 2 to 4 p.m. and concludes Sunday after a morning workout at One Buc Place.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080503/SPORTS/723223572/1006/sports

jacksona0504082byx2.th.jpg

Looks Like Amari is gonna fit in fine.

Did they offer him an undrafted free agent contract?

I read that he had a good day on Saturday:

Tryout WR Amarri Jackson hit full stride in Saturday's workout. The former Riverview and University of South Florida standout heard some encouraging words from Gruden.

"He told me I made some good grabs," Jackson said. "I've had a lot of chances to make diving grabs, go up and get balls. It's what I do best. I'm going to continue to do it."

Jackson said he was more comfortable running routes with one day in Tampa Bay's offense under his belt.

"I got the playbook down, the formations down better," Jackson said. "I can run full speed without thinking about it. Yesterday I did too much thinking. I wasn't so sure where to line up and everything."

He still does not have any sense of whether he will be offered a contract.

"Not sure," he said. "I'm trying to stay in Raymond James Stadium."

Last modified: May 4, 2008 6:29am

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080504/SPORTS/805040809/1094/sports

Archived