• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Predicted Smith Was a Third Rounder...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

If Smith is the starter, he most certainly will get over 1,000 yards and I am willing to bet you he does it well before the 16th game.  His vision is the best I have seen since Emmitt Smith.

Wow, seven teams needing rb help passed on the next Emmitt Smith ... Weren't you the one saying how much more football savvy those that pay are?

Kevin proved he did not need wholes to get over 100 yards against Mississippi State.  He had no passing game to support him and the Oline was helpless against the 8 man front the Bulldogs ran, yet he still managed to grind out over 100 yards. He will do it in the NFL as well.

Any average back given the ball 35 times should be able to get over 100yds in a bowl game ....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, Kevin Smith really torched the Bulldogs with his 3.4 YPC average and 0 TDs on 35 touches. 

UCF fans are smoking so much crack, Tyrone Biggums is saying "Dayum!"

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

We'll see how he does against defenses made up of bigger faster guys than he played against in C-USA.

Good to see that someone from ucIF has a brain around here...

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Seeing Chris Johnson go in the 1st round lays the rest the whole "CUSA competition" hurt his stock.  CJ had more than one big year at ECU and was already on many radars as an NFL prospect...especially with his size.

He went because of his speed, and I don't know anyone who thought that Johnson wasn't picked way too early.  He really should have gone in the second round.

Oh yeah, and this does nothing to obviate the CUSA is weak argument.  CUSA is definitely weak, just look at Sagarin rankings to see how weak they are compared to the big boys...

We'll see how he does against defenses made up of bigger faster guys than he played against in C-USA.

You may want a do over on that post ...

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

You may want a do over on that post ...

No no.  I think we should let that one ride out.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

WTF???

Are you kidding me? Just because I am from Orlando, don't lump me into that group. :furious

Now that that is cleared up...carry on...

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, did Kevin Smith's name just get mentioned in the same sentence as Emmit Smith? Wow.

Almost as embarrassing as him being mentioned in the same sentence as Barry Sanders late last year .....

Well Triple, I coached against Emmitt for three years while he played at Escambia.  I remember college coaches coming to my office ans asking me what I thought about Emmitt.  At the time, while he was racking up yards against everyone, he was also considered slow and small.  Max Emfinger said he would never amount to anything in college because he was too slow.  I have watched Kevin now for three years and I see the same thing.  So while you think it is funny to compare the two, at least I have the experiance to say it, do you.

Hell I remember you saying that Smith was no different than Andre Hall and would not start I believe.  Andre Hall was a good college back, and while Andre had great cutting abiltiy and good speed, the guy has average to poor vision, which is why he runs into the back of his offenseive line.  Comparing Kevin to Andre is laughable, totally different type of backs.  But then again what would I know, I should just listen to those who's game experiance is watching from section 236.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Dude, I know it is a little bit on the homer side, but I don't see how on earth you could say that Hall has poor vision. His only NFL start, he sprained his ankle on his second run. He went on to carry the ball 26 times for 98 yards with a TD. He also had 2 receptions for 69 yards.

No offense, but you don't get nearly 100 yards on Chicago's defense with poor vision. You want to talk about "measurables" holding someone back, Andre Hall is a great example. Hopefully he gets more opportunities this year, but Andre finished his senior year as the leading RB in the Big East for the season. He wasn't drafted because of his size, but he is on a team for now, and when given opportunities, he has done pretty well.

You fail to realize that Kevin Smith's college career was probably very similar to Emmitt Smith's HS career. Defenses were slower, more confused. In the NFL, K Smith is going to have to develop. I don't know what he will do, he may be great. You can make the argument that he is going to have a much better line and blockers, so he may still be great. But, the fact is that this season, he played 3 good defenses (Texas, USF, and Miss St), and had one good game out of those. And, that one was a game where the emotions couldn't have been higher for him, the rest of the team, or the fans.

I'm not saying that Kevin won't be good at the next level, but comparing a conference USA running back to Emmitt Smith is a little ridiculous, I don't care if they are twin brothers, and you're their dad. What, 3 of the top 5 rushers in the nation were in C-USA last year? Is there really that much talent at running back slipping by the big schools, or, maybe, are C-USA defenses just that weak?

Wow, did Kevin Smith's name just get mentioned in the same sentence as Emmit Smith? Wow.

Almost as embarrassing as him being mentioned in the same sentence as Barry Sanders late last year .....

Well Triple, I coached against Emmitt for three years while he played at Escambia.  I remember college coaches coming to my office ans asking me what I thought about Emmitt.  At the time, while he was racking up yards against everyone, he was also considered slow and small.  Max Emfinger said he would never amount to anything in college because he was too slow.

LOL ... considered small and slow?? He was one of the top recruits that year. Top recruits aren't considered small and slow. Emfinger may have thought it but it sure wasn't the consensus. Heck, Emfinger even had him on the cover of his magazine... Of course, if you really did coach him against you'd have known he was a top recruit ... Kind of makes one wonder.  ;)

I have watched Kevin now for three years and I see the same thing.  So while you think it is funny to compare the two

Not only funny but hilarious. ESmith was highly touted coming out of high, KSmith not so much. ESmith was the 2nd rb taken in the NFL draft by a quality organization (back then, anyway). ESmith's college career was against, arguably, the cream of the crop college football players. KSmith's college career was against the dregs of 1-a college football. KSmith was the 8th rb taken, by an organization widely regarded as one of the bottom 5 in the NFL. If Detroit hadn't taken him, who knows when he would have gone...

Hell I remember you saying that Smith was no different than Andre Hall and would not start I believe.

You do? I never said that ..... maybe it was Max Emfinger.

Archived