• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Predicted Smith Was a Third Rounder...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Smith is going in to a good thing. Millen should have taken the kid from Texas, however we know what a great front office the Lions have.

Smith should get some good pt

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Round 3 should still be day 1.  Why didn't they leave it and shorten the first round to 10 minutes?

Smith went to a team he could end up starting for.

Oh so true to form lol. 

What does Smith getting picked in the 3rd have to do with my opinion on the draft changes?  None.  Even is he went undrated, I still think Round 3 should be a day 1 thing.

The 10 minute first round is something I've been thinking about for years cause of how long it was.  Moving the rounds never came into the picture for me until they decided to do it.

• Content Count:  98

Smith will be the day one starter for the Lions, not sure if anyone outside of McFadden can say that. 

Kevin will do very well in Detroit if they can even give him half the holes the UCF OL did.  He will have a passing game for the first time in his career so I look for him to continue to get better.  He can make a lot of money if he has a good first year.  Kevin will get first round money and a new contract if he can get 1,000 yards his first two years, which I think is entirely possible.

• Content Count:  4,642

tough break for smith.  detroit is garbage and it all starts with the O-line.  good thing he's used to 50 carries a game.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He couldn't have asked for a better team as far as PT goes.  Unfortunately Detroit's o-line hasn't been very good of late. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Smith will be the day one starter for the Lions, not sure if anyone outside of McFadden can say that. 

Kevin will do very well in Detroit if they can even give him half the wholes the UCF OL did.  He will have a passing game for the first time in his career so I look for him to continue to get better.  He can make a lot of money if he has a good first year.  Kevin will get first round money and a new contract if he can get 1,000 yards his first two years, which I think is entirely possible.

Well perhaps if the Lions can schedule half the C-USA cupcakes that UCF scheduled that will happen. 

• Content Count:  1,158

I won't usually comment on threads like this but as a lifelong Lion fan, Smith has a rough road ahead of him.  He should be able to get playing time but if recent history stands true, he'll probably be hurt by midseason.  RB's just haven't held up well in Detroit.  Overall disappointed in the Lions draft.  Reading the reports on each player, they kept saying this is a Rod Marinelli type of guy.  That usually was after they said the guy was too small, too slow, or not sure what position they're going to play.  It's ok to have one or two guys like that but not the whole team.

Thanks for letting this Lion fan vent!

Eric

• Content Count:  500

Round 3 should still be day 1.  Why didn't they leave it and shorten the first round to 10 minutes?

Smith went to a team he could end up starting for.

Oh so true to form lol. 

What does Smith getting picked in the 3rd have to do with my opinion on the draft changes?  None.  Even is he went undrated, I still think Round 3 should be a day 1 thing.

The 10 minute first round is something I've been thinking about for years cause of how long it was.  Moving the rounds never came into the picture for me until they decided to do it.

I disagree on the time thing. Before ESPN it was a board meeting, now teams make the franchise decisions in 10 minutes.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Over two months ago...

I have said the same thing.. He had a shot at late 1st but 3rd was more likely.. Just a weird year for draft with RBS.   as the 1st pick of 3rd round I still think he was smart coming out. 

First round?  The only place where that might be considered a possibility is on a ucIF website.  At one point I saw a mock that had him going in the middle of the second, but that was a month or so ago, and it is the only time I saw him going anywhere near that early.

I knew that Johnson and Forte would both go before him, but I had Johnson pegged at the beginning of the second round, and Forte at the beginning of the third round.  When Johnson got selected early, it moved up a lot of team's draft boards, and that's why Smith went as early in the third as he did.  Otherwise he would have likely gone at the end of the round.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Kevin will do very well in Detroit if they can even give him half the holes the UCF OL did.  He will have a passing game for the first time in his career so I look for him to continue to get better.  He can make a lot of money if he has a good first year.  Kevin will get first round money and a new contract if he can get 1,000 yards his first two years, which I think is entirely possible.

Dude, what are you smoking?  Tatum Bell will probably be the starter, and only a half dozen rookie RBs have hit the 1000 yard mark in the past five years.  Detroit has a horrible o-line, and that is killing their backs.  Smith will see the field, and has a shot to earn the starting role, but he's going to get injured like every other back the Lions have had since Barry Sanders.  Worst management team in the NFL...

Archived