• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Were There Cameras at Mike's House?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I was channel surfing through the channels looking for the news on Mike.  Shame on channel 8.  I thought of all stations, they would have had someone at his home.  What a sorry excuse for local sporting news.  While I was waiting for it to come on, I'm sure something aired on another station.  Anyone know if any of the other local stations were at his house for the news?

• Content Count:  5,241

No TV coverage. Not a big deal.

Actually channel 13 just had a story (news was on after the Tribe beat the Stankees).  Mike's mom had a diabetic seizure when he received the news, but she is okay.  He said he was worried when the Bucs passed him by but he is very happy. 

• Content Count:  5,241

Thats scary. Hopefully it was caused by happiness not the "oh crap my boy is gonna be on the same team as pacman jones"  fright

• Content Count:  349

Thats scary. Hopefully it was caused by happiness not the "oh crap my boy is gonna be on the same team as pacman jones"  fright

:D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,964
  • Days Won:  469

I did not hear anything through USF regarding media at Mike's house.  There was some indecision on his part.  Trae did invite media.

I did not hear anything through USF regarding media at Mike's house.  There was some indecision on his part.  Trae did invite media.

I don't know if they were at his house or someplace else.  Channel 13 said they were invited to be there.  They were all so happy, it was nice to see.  Except for his mom, of course.  That was scarey.  Mike also said he was happy Dallas traded up to get him.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Jenkins had good reason to make media wait

Mike Jenkins' conference call with the Valley Ranch media had to be put on hold. But he had a heck of an excuse.

Jenkins' mother, Kathy Gray, fainted when she heard her son's name called.

One media member wisecracked that she must have been worried about sending her son to play with Pacman Jones, but Jenkins indicated that she was simply overcome with pride.

Link: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/04/jenkins-had-good-reason-to-make-media-wa.html

• Content Count:  743

I had heard Mike was having a "private party", media free I suppose. Glad that his moms is ok though.

Archived