• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

State 1st Rounders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

We had the same # of first rounders as UF and UM, pretty cool. FSU had zero...wow.

FSU will have zero the entire draft...too many..."off-field issues" if you know what I mean.  lol

GO BULLS!!!

Man, I had money on Xavier Lee getting picked first round.    ::)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

dont brag about first round picks...we've finally had our first.

FSU, Miami, UF can all fill pro-bowl rosters with picks.

this is the same reason USF fans were ******** about that whole #2 ranking.

• Content Count:  565

You forgot to mention Tennessee State. These 1AA guys get over valued, why don't scouts ever think that maybe they look so good because of the competition they play? Flacco did well in the offseason, but if I were building a team I would draft a guy like Chad Henne instead who played much better competition.

If I'm not mistaken, Chad Henne and Co. got their ass handed to them by a 1-AA squad...

...which brings me to my next point...

There are many reasons for choosing a 1-AA career over 1-A. I don't think that the competition is that much worse, I would argue that Appalachian State could regularly challenge for the Sun Belt or C-USA title, and we've had our share of struggles with our 1-AA "Pushovers". The point of the offseason workouts is to compare guys like Flacco against Ryan and Henne, and in this case, Flacco was a more gifted QB

• Content Count:  2,726

You forgot to mention Tennessee State. These 1AA guys get over valued, why don't scouts ever think that maybe they look so good because of the competition they play? Flacco did well in the offseason, but if I were building a team I would draft a guy like Chad Henne instead who played much better competition.

If I'm not mistaken, Chad Henne and Co. got their ass handed to them by a 1-AA squad...

...which brings me to my next point...

There are many reasons for choosing a 1-AA career over 1-A. I don't think that the competition is that much worse, I would argue that Appalachian State could regularly challenge for the Sun Belt or C-USA title, and we've had our share of struggles with our 1-AA "Pushovers". The point of the offseason workouts is to compare guys like Flacco against Ryan and Henne, and in this case, Flacco was a more gifted QB

Absolutely, if you haven't seen Flacco, then you should have watched his performance at the ESPN QB Challenge.  He smoked everyone(including "matty ice") and that performance was - quite possibly - one of the reasons he went so high.  The guy threw a 70 yard pass...and was dead on balls accurate.  lol

Flacco will be good...lol

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Hennes a bust...

Look at Favre...he went to Southern ****, and he turned out pretty good.  Ben Rothlisberger from Miami of Ohio, hes ok right.

I think the scouts know what they are talking about.  Flacco is great...

GO BULLS!!!

Yeah, those same scouts that said Ryan Leaf was can't miss and Tom Brady wasn't good enough to be a first day pick.  They know what they are talking about alright. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think Henne (and Brohm for that matter) was a steal when Miami got him. The real question is... is Flacco so much better than either Brohm or Henne that he is a definate first round guy when those guys fell to relatively late in the second round?

I don't think he is. I think both Henne and Brohm are much more proven.

The argument that Flacco was good enough to play D-1, but left so he could get playing time doesn't make much sense to me. Read it again until you see what I am talking about. It's not like he was behind a great QB. The guy couldn't beat out Tyler Palko for the job.

• Content Count:  3,103

History doesn't win games nor championships today.  While Miami, FSU and UF have numerous guys drafted first round in the past, the number of first rounders from Miami has dwindled down drastically (haven't paid attention to FSU much).  For USF to have a guy taken in the draft before anybody from Miami or FSU says a lot about where are programs are at today.  Leave the past behind and look at the here and now, because that is all that matters.  Bulls fans have every right to brag.

• Content Count:  6,502

I would not want to draft a qb that for the most part is a roll of a dice it seems.

Any college player drafted is a roll of the dice.  Particularly a QB. 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

People are making way too big of a deal about this.

If we start annually putting more players in the 1st round or drafted...ok. But this is one year and schools like Alcorn state, Tennessee State have done this in the past

• Content Count:  809

History doesn't win games nor championships today.  While Miami, FSU and UF have numerous guys drafted first round in the past, the number of first rounders from Miami has dwindled down drastically (haven't paid attention to FSU much).  For USF to have a guy taken in the draft before anybody from Miami or FSU says a lot about where are programs are at today.  Leave the past behind and look at the here and now, because that is all that matters.  Bulls fans have every right to brag.

So by your comments....Tennessee State, Delaware, Troy & East Carolina are superior than the other Florida schools.

Man....I must be livin under a rock. Players are drafted solely by their own performance, not by their entire team.

Archived