• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs can ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

there is no way that anyone who rooted for the bucs when they were orange stopped rooting when they got the new colors and more importantly...got into the playoffs and WON THE SUPERBOWL.

relax...they didnt draft jenkins......

he will be ok,,, he is gonna get paid more and have ant henry watching over him.

i bet mike is glad he is on the cowboys and not the bucs so why are we so mad?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

even if the bucs took jenkins i hope gruden is fired next year.

UHH...They just extended his contract this offseason because he coached a team into the wildcard with slim to none talent.

Theyve been doing a great job rebuilding the team with draft picks (Davin Joseph, Trueblood, Gaines Adams, Aarron Sears, that safety from Syracuse, Barret Ruud) and next year is when they add a solid younger QB (Tebow? Stafford)  and some more D-line

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You know, I would expect this kind of outrage from someone who doesn't know anything about football, but when it's all started by a guy who PLAYED VARSITY FOOTBALL AT USF, I don't understand it at all.

Mike Jenkins is a borderline shutdown corner. The Bucs almost never play man-to-man. It would have been a waste of his talents. The Cowboys are a much better fit for him - they play lots of man, they already have an elite corner on the other side (Terence Newman) and he also lets Anthony Henry move back to safety where I think he's more comfortable anyway.

But no, don't use any common sense... you all just keep screaming and yelling and beating your chest. Hey, here's an idea! The Bucs need a WR. Why don't they draft Amarri Jackson in the second round!

giant_rolleyes.gif

Glad im not the only level headed person on here. 

• Content Count:  883

You all are a bunch of haters.  The Bucs didn't feel he was the best fit.  Get over it.  At least he got drafted in the first round.  Be happy for that.  For all the people that talk **** on the Bucs, you can suck it!   

• Content Count:  356

Agreed- this is not only a board to express opion, but also ignorance. Rooting agaist the Bucs for passing on Jenkins?  Does that mean you are also rooting against the other 20+ teams that  passed on him too (same logic applies here, gang).  Pro teams have process in place to select the best player to fit within the organization - there's a postion called the General Manager, for those of you not in the know, that weighs in on all personnel moves.  If it were purley Gruden's call, my bet is the Bucs would have gone offense in round 1.  Jenkins going to Dallas helps expand the reputation of Bulls football outside of Tampa, puts Mike on a team that he will be able to fit into nicely, and takes any added pressure/expetations off that would come from Mike playing in from of some Tampa-area "fans" who will have huge expectations of him as a rookie because of his college performance.  Quit hatin' - I can't tell if everyone is acting like a bunch of spoiled 5 year olds or hormonal 13 year old girls...either way, it ain't pretty!

Oh ....is "all forgiven" if the Bucs end up with Moffet or Williams?  Gotta be sure I'm reading this correctly!!!  ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)16-0?

• Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

The problem is that earlier this week the Bucs GM was sitting down with Jenkins promising him that if he was available when they selected that they would definately pick him. Then when he was still available the Bucs not only did not pick him but instead picked a player that plays the same position. No matter how you look at it that is ****** up and seems to be par for the course when it comes to Bulls/Bucs relations >:(

If every player a team "promised" to pick was picked, roster sizes would have to be expanded to 200!!! ;D ::)

• Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

If every player a team "promised" to pick was picked, roster sizes would have to be expanded to 200!!! ;D ::)

:stfu :thanks

• Content Count:  1,631
  • Days Won:  3

The problem is that earlier this week the Bucs GM was sitting down with Jenkins promising him that if he was available when they selected that they would definately pick him. Then when he was still available the Bucs not only did not pick him but instead picked a player that plays the same position. No matter how you look at it that is ****** up and seems to be par for the course when it comes to Bulls/Bucs relations >:(

"promised"?  "definately"?  c'mon now - regardless of how you think of Gruden or Allen, they're smarter than that.

I thought cooler heads would be prevailing by now.

Congratulations to Mike.  I read today that Dallas was one of his favorite teams, so good for him.

Archived