• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs can ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

I hope jenkins excells with the help of a fellow bull Henry!

Play well that's the best revenge!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

For me its fine they chose not to take him, but don't BS the kid, the school & your fans if he is there you will def take him.....Dont put him on your draft preview magazine.....

If you're talking about the Pewter Report magazine, that is not the Bucs organization mag so nobody was BS'd or mislead. It was the opinion of their editor-in-chief ...

You know, I would expect this kind of outrage from someone who doesn't know anything about football, but when it's all started by a guy who PLAYED VARSITY FOOTBALL AT USF, I don't understand it at all.

Mike Jenkins is a borderline shutdown corner. The Bucs almost never play man-to-man. It would have been a waste of his talents. The Cowboys are a much better fit for him - they play lots of man, they already have an elite corner on the other side (Terence Newman) and he also lets Anthony Henry move back to safety where I think he's more comfortable anyway.

But no, don't use any common sense... you all just keep screaming and yelling and beating your chest. Hey, here's an idea! The Bucs need a WR. Why don't they draft Amarri Jackson in the second round!

giant_rolleyes.gif

Thanks, Jamie, for inserting a little level-headedness in here. I may only boycott my other 'B' for just a day or so now and move on ....  ;)

And those that are blasting Gruden for this pick don't know ****. There's no way he's completely on board with drafting a defensive player in the first round two years in a row. This was a Bruce Allen/Monte Kiffin production... 

• Content Count:  936

You know, I would expect this kind of outrage from someone who doesn't know anything about football, but when it's all started by a guy who PLAYED VARSITY FOOTBALL AT USF, I don't understand it at all.

Mike Jenkins is a borderline shutdown corner. The Bucs almost never play man-to-man. It would have been a waste of his talents. The Cowboys are a much better fit for him - they play lots of man, they already have an elite corner on the other side (Terence Newman) and he also lets Anthony Henry move back to safety where I think he's more comfortable anyway.

But no, don't use any common sense... you all just keep screaming and yelling and beating your chest. Hey, here's an idea! The Bucs need a WR. Why don't they draft Amarri Jackson in the second round!

giant_rolleyes.gif

Great reply.

• Content Count:  253

Hope he doesn't pull a Ricky Williams.

• Content Count:  12,293

even if the bucs took jenkins i hope gruden is fired next year.

giant_rolleyes.gif

Thanks, Jamie, for inserting a little level-headedness in here. I may only boycott my other 'B' for just a day or so now and move on ....  ;)

And those that are blasting Gruden for this pick don't know ****. There's no way he's completely on board with drafting a defensive player in the first round two years in a row. This was a Bruce Allen/Monte Kiffin production... 

well pardon me for expressing my outrage on a board meant for OPINION.

I was at RJS Bucs Draft Day party, Pewter Report in hand with MJ on the cover (yes-- I realize this isn't an official Bucs mouthpiece), and many $4 beers into the day. YOu had to be there- perhaps in that condition to understand the outrage first of seeing the WR getting a phone call-- then secondly them announcing a different CB.

Great fit--- yay. Hope that works out great for Mike and he he gets a big payday and has a great career.

I think he could have very well done that in my backyard though.

I wanted Mike. I wanted a Bull on the Bucs team in some very real capacity (not to knock Ryan Benjamin in any way-- but come on--- long snapper versus starting CB?-- not even the same ballpark). I wanted our recruits to one day see one of our own players in Bucs gear 60 feet tall on the side of RJS.

SO excuse the hell out of me for getting emotional and upset. But understand it and don't condescend about what a terrible fan I am who doesn't understand "the system".

If anything== the Bucs got lucky he didn't end up on the Panthers or some other NFC south team they face twice a season.

Not sure why in the hell you're getting so pissy. My commment was specifically aimed at the ones crucifying Gruden for the pick. Looking back, it doesn't appear you fell into that category...

And for the record, I was just as crushed as you when I saw the Talib pick ..... and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Mike went to the ******* Cowboys.

giant_rolleyes.gif

well pardon me for expressing my outrage on a board meant for OPINION.

I was at RJS Bucs Draft Day party, Pewter Report in hand with MJ on the cover (yes-- I realize this isn't an official Bucs mouthpiece), and many $4 beers into the day. YOu had to be there- perhaps in that condition to understand the outrage first of seeing the WR getting a phone call-- then secondly them announcing a different CB.

Great fit--- yay. Hope that works out great for Mike and he he gets a big payday and has a great career.

I think he could have very well done that in my backyard though.

I wanted Mike. I wanted a Bull on the Bucs team in some very real capacity (not to knock Ryan Benjamin in any way-- but come on--- long snapper versus starting CB?-- not even the same ballpark). I wanted our recruits to one day see one of our own players in Bucs gear 60 feet tall on the side of RJS.

SO excuse the hell out of me for getting emotional and upset. But understand it and don't condescend about what a terrible fan I am who doesn't understand "the system".

If anything== the Bucs got lucky he didn't end up on the Panthers or some other NFC south team they face twice a season.

Not sure why in the hell you're getting so pissy. My commment was specifically aimed at the ones crucifying Gruden for the pick. Looking back, it doesn't appear you fell into that category...

And for the record, I was just as crushed as you when I saw the Talib pick ..... and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Mike went to the ******* Cowboys.

i drunk quoted-- meant to quote only jamie

LOL .... Don't Drink and Quote.

• Content Count:  12,293

Mike G is one of the few posters that deserve a pass.

he is heated for a reason.

i cant say i wont root for the bucs anymore...that is a knee jerk reaction.

i will still root for them but i hope that gruden is gone.  and i know gruden didnt X on mike jenk but at the same time,....he is the one responsible for this whole idea that the bucs are the worst team to play for.

i know a few players in the NFL personally....one current buc player and a few past players....and they both say the same things....gruden is an ass and the bucs make football a job. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I've posted my thoughts on both Greg's and Brett's blogs.  I have hated the Bucs since the Glazers took over, and now this is even more of a reason.

I stopped rooting for the Bucs around the time they got rid of the orange.  I will continue to do so.

0-16!

Archived