• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pupello Granted Waiver | How important is this?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

His best highlight was on an ill-advised pass from Grothe where he went up and made a spectacular catch. I can't remember the game, or situation, but it shows that he is a guy Grothe can count on. Too many times last year our receivers were standing around watching the ball get picked instead of fighting for it. Hill or Hester are my two favorite targets when the game is on the line.

Hill made some spectacular catches last year.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

North Carolina game.  Hill went up and snagged the ball between multiple defenders.  Incredible catch.

Later in the game he dropped an easy one that hit him in the hands. 

That has been the problem with Hill.  Spectacular and inconsistent.  If he becomes consistent, and we use him he could be quite a weapon.  Too many ifs to get overly excited about in the spring.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

North Carolina game.  Hill went up and snagged the ball between multiple defenders.  Incredible catch.

That has been the problem with Hill.  Spectacular and inconsistent.  If he becomes consistent, and we use him he could be quite a weapon.  Too many ifs to get overly excited about in the spring.

I agree he makes great plays and we all know if he became consistent he could be amazing. However, it seems he has mental lapses. Last yr we all hoped Amari would have a break out sr yr. Can hill do what Amari couldn't?

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I agree he makes great plays and we all know if he became consistent he could be amazing. However, it seems he has mental lapses. Last yr we all hoped Amari would have a break out sr yr. Can hill do what Amari couldn't?

Last year Hill didn't have many mental lapses, Orlando Bull is right he made some amazing catches and really became a clutch guy.  He also was good at YAK.  In previous years he had some issues with dropsies but that was because he played more receiver then TE, and he was a tweener hybrid player, but at TE Hill fits like a glove.  I expect Hill to have 26-32 catches this year, he had 24 last year, and about 4 TDs and 300ish yards.  That would be a huge year for him and us.

Archived