• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Soccer Stadium Construction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Haven't talked to anyone recently about it, but I know that because the area where the track will be has some public basketball courts right now, I know there was a desire to make sure to find new areas for any public/intramural areas that were displaced by new athletic department areas. I haven't heard anything that would suggest the second track is coming soon, but I'll check up on it ...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Haven't talked to anyone recently about it, but I know that because the area where the track will be has some public basketball courts right now, I know there was a desire to make sure to find new areas for any public/intramural areas that were displaced by new athletic department areas. I haven't heard anything that would suggest the second track is coming soon, but I'll check up on it ...

I'm sure Leavitt would love an artificial field on which to practice.

Greg, do you know if any teams we play this year in football have such a field?

I remember, in the past, when there was a artificial mat at the football practice field as the closest thing we had to prepare for such a game. LOL

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

From past USF official release:

“This is a great addition for USF’s students, faculty and staff to have a track facility that they can call their own,†said Eric Hunter, Director of Campus Recreation at USF. “The track will be available for jogging and walking use and will greatly enhance the options that they will have to keep up with their fitness needs.â€Â

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=273367

Archived