• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs. FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  412
  • Days Won:  0

UF doesn't play anyone on the road except FSU and with the 12 game seasons occasionally at UM (next game there is 2013).  Why would they come to USF when they won't go anywhere else? There is a better chance Ohio State will drop Michigan from the schedule than UF dropping FSU or even replacing Miami with USF.  UF never plays Big Ten, ACC, Big East, Pac 10, Big 12 road games, and there are many teams that would be more advantagous than playing USF.  UF makes too much money playing Charleston Southern at home every year than agreeing to a 1-1 with anyone including Notre Dame.  The swamp will be sold out against everyone.  The only way we ever play UF away from the swamp is if it's in a BCS game, period.

I wonder how the rest of the top-tier SEC teams stack up in comparison- in terms of scheduling OOC BCS away games. Is this UF being d-bags, or the SEC being too wrapped up in its own competition?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523

So what if they won't play us here.  You want to be in the big time?  You go there and CLEAN THEIR CLOCKS!

You do that and see if they won't want to get a return trip to even the score lest you hold that over their heads forever with recruits.  If anything, we should be trying like crazy to do as much as possible to get a game like that (sure fire big draw on TV) to build this program.

You want to get the best recruits?  To be seen on the same level?  The only way you can do that is to BEAT THEM.  If that takes only going to their place, then fine!  YOu do it!

The USF brand is growing, but it is still weak and there's no better way to grow it than whooping the folks with the best brand equity regardless of where there program is now vs. where it has been in the past.  See Auburn and what it did for us.  Those trips to FSU in the future or UF could do the same thing.  And if we lose?  Big deal, we weren't expected to win those anyway...

It's not like the Auburn deal. That was a 1 game wonder. UF i think is multiple games in the Swamp. If it was a 1 game deal i wouldn't be bothered by it at all. After we played Miami in Miami and lost, they decided to pursue a future schedule with us, agreeing on proper return game terms. UF took our cookies on the deal like Bubba does to people in jail, and we gladly allowed it. PATHETIC.

Ya'll are talking like right after we were ranked #2 last season, we inked this deal with UF. The USF that signed this UF deal was not in a position to demand a home and home. Sometimes we forget how quickly (i.e. ONE SEASON) we've gained real, solid, sustainable noteriety.

Does that mean in hindsight we got a raw deal? Absolutely. And if UF had any cajones whatsoever, they would switch it up with us. But as I said, it's not in their interests.

There will come a day when the UFs and the FSUs will have no choice but to play us, lest they lose recruiting/ nat'l media cred. But we're just not there yet. As Oregon (and UConn, and Cincy, and Rutgers) so thoughtfully reminded us last season, we have a looonnnng way to go before we are justified in any sort of outrage over not being invited to the Adult's Table.

Exactly.  Folks act like we have the clout to demand certain terms and automatically get them like we've been a national power for years when we haven't even finished the friggin year in the TOP 25 ONCE!

Yes, we are getting some attention, but if you talk with most fans of FSU, Miami and UF, they agree we are "getting better" and are "interesting", but none of them would actually believe we could beat them right now, even FSU.

Plus as was said above, these guys already have a clear path to the championship.  WIN OUT THEIR CURRENT SCHEDULE and combine that with sell outs no matter who they play and there's no incentive at all to play us, let alone at our place.

To get games with those guys, it's going to have to be a "bad deal" for us, but I look at it as an investment for the future if we do well when we go there.

• Content Count:  505

UF doesn't play anyone on the road except FSU and with the 12 game seasons occasionally at UM (next game there is 2013).  Why would they come to USF when they won't go anywhere else? There is a better chance Ohio State will drop Michigan from the schedule than UF dropping FSU or even replacing Miami with USF.  UF never plays Big Ten, ACC, Big East, Pac 10, Big 12 road games, and there are many teams that would be more advantagous than playing USF.  UF makes too much money playing Charleston Southern at home every year than agreeing to a 1-1 with anyone including Notre Dame.  The swamp will be sold out against everyone.  The only way we ever play UF away from the swamp is if it's in a BCS game, period.

I wonder how the rest of the top-tier SEC teams stack up in comparison- in terms of scheduling OOC BCS away games. Is this UF being d-bags, or the SEC being too wrapped up in its own competition?

It looks like all the other SEC teams play quality road games in nonconference.  UF is the only dbag.  Future schedules have bama @pennst @ Georgia Tech, Auburn has played USC and they play at WVU still, Tennessee has plays nonbcs teams, so does Arkansas.  Georgia has numerous road games scheduled as well.

• Content Count:  624

I agree with Smazza, unless it is a bowl and Bowden has no say in the matter.  FSU/Bowden does not want to play or even acknowledge USF ulness it is in the form of a backhanded "compliment".  The Gators are the same, yeah they're going to play us twice at their place.  As far as I'm concerned I hope UM spanks both those teams this year.  At least the Hurricanes have the cojones (and foresight) to play us on a home-and-home basis. 

While you are right in a sense and I commend UM for wanting to sign a home-and-home with us. We were NOT their first choice for a BCS home-and-home series with a FL school. We were a fall back option for them to get if the UF deal didn't work. Well you see how that went and now we have a series with them. All I'm saying is don't go around trying to make UM sound like a "good guy" cuz they scheduled us. Their fans have disrespected us from the beginning and do not want to play USF for the same reasons we don't want to play UCF (we feel we are far superior to them).

• Content Count:  624

will not happen with bowden as coach

I'm sure Bowden is hesitant to play us but I believe the main problem was that their A.D. did not want to play us ever. I think they have since gotten a new A.D. and maybe we can set up something for the future.

• Content Count:  808

will not happen with bowden as coach

I'm sure Bowden is hesitant to play us but I believe the main problem was that their A.D. did not want to play us ever. I think they have since gotten a new A.D. and maybe we can set up something for the future.

Yes, I believe the AD's comments were something like "we already have a game in the 'South Florida' area," which was either a slap in the face for our name or complete ignorance. Either way, it's bad.

• Content Count:  115

FSU has said time and time again that they will not play USF in any sports.  A couple of years ago we beat FSU and they blamed us for keeping them out of the tourney.  We manged to back door a game with them this year and beat them again.  I'm sure that won't help our chances in football.  Our best bet with a game with them is a bowl maybe Charlote??

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I suppose it could be called the "Jim Bowl"

Negative.  It will be called "The Palindrome Bowl" - FSU/USF

I should copyright that right now...

• Content Count:  349

Just a fun fact for y'all...

Last game that saw Grothe and Weatherford both at QB... Grothe won... :D

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I still think playing UF at home now would be a bad idea. Give it 10 years, because there is a good possibility those ************** would have more fans in the stadium than us like they did to Miami in 2002 (Although Miami did win)

There are a lot of UF fans in Tampa and they will spend on the secondary market for tix.

Archived