• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs. FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  412
  • Days Won:  0

The Gators are just high on themselves. The deal needs to be reworked, for a them to come for 1 game to Ray Jay. If Miami can come here so can Florida. Doesn't Miami hold more NC trophies than Florida? If so Florida needs to stop thinking they are amazing, they sucked for the first 50 years of existence.

Ha, can you imagine the controversy if UF came to Tampa and some USF students were forced to pick sides?  Some of those UF t-shirt wearin' USF students would probably be mugged.

..and the cops would never catch me.

I hate UF with a passion as i grew up a FSU and USF fan, so i wouldn't have a problem with that. But having them come here would be a huge statement game. It's just pathetic that we have to go there twice and get no return games. AD needs to rework the deal. USF is a hotter topic then ever it's not like were new to the scene anymore.

The problem is we're at the point where we're well-known enough for them to know that there's a really good chance we could hand them a loss, but not a big-enough name where just playing us counts for something.

This is where national noteriety comes into play. Until beating us is enough of a draw to risk losing to us, teams like UF will be hesitant to play us.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The Gators are just high on themselves. The deal needs to be reworked, for a them to come for 1 game to Ray Jay. If Miami can come here so can Florida. Doesn't Miami hold more NC trophies than Florida? If so Florida needs to stop thinking they are amazing, they sucked for the first 50 years of existence.

Ha, can you imagine the controversy if UF came to Tampa and some USF students were forced to pick sides?  Some of those UF t-shirt wearin' USF students would probably be mugged.

I hate UF with a passion as i grew up a FSU and USF fan, so i wouldn't have a problem with that. But having them come here would be a huge statement game. It's just pathetic that we have to go there twice and get no return games. AD needs to rework the deal. USF is a hotter topic then ever it's not like were new to the scene anymore.

The problem is we're at the point where we're well-known enough for them to know that there's a really good chance we could hand them a loss, but not a big-enough name where just playing us counts for something.

This is where national noteriety comes into play. Until beating us is enough of a draw to risk losing to us, teams like UF will be hesitant to play us.

Excelent analysis.  There is no reason for them to be playing us.  You know how we bitched and moaned when we signed the deal with UCF?

• Content Count:  291

I know that Florida should be scared of a loss, but I meant that being known more, should allow for better decisions about where to play. Since USF has jumped onto the scene more, we deserve to have the right to say we play UF at home and Away. No reason to bend over and take it, UF just isn't worth it, no team is. If the deal isn't fair don't take it.

• Content Count:  2,523

So what if they won't play us here.  You want to be in the big time?  You go there and CLEAN THEIR CLOCKS!

You do that and see if they won't want to get a return trip to even the score lest you hold that over their heads forever with recruits.  If anything, we should be trying like crazy to do as much as possible to get a game like that (sure fire big draw on TV) to build this program.

You want to get the best recruits?  To be seen on the same level?  The only way you can do that is to BEAT THEM.  If that takes only going to their place, then fine!  YOu do it!

The USF brand is growing, but it is still weak and there's no better way to grow it than whooping the folks with the best brand equity regardless of where there program is now vs. where it has been in the past.  See Auburn and what it did for us.  Those trips to FSU in the future or UF could do the same thing.  And if we lose?  Big deal, we weren't expected to win those anyway...

• Content Count:  5,241

Bowden wont be around for more than 1 or 2 years up in FSU. I dont know much about Jimbo, but I think he'd take up a USF rivalry

• Content Count:  291

So what if they won't play us here.  You want to be in the big time?  You go there and CLEAN THEIR CLOCKS!

You do that and see if they won't want to get a return trip to even the score lest you hold that over their heads forever with recruits.  If anything, we should be trying like crazy to do as much as possible to get a game like that (sure fire big draw on TV) to build this program.

You want to get the best recruits?  To be seen on the same level?  The only way you can do that is to BEAT THEM.  If that takes only going to their place, then fine!  YOu do it!

The USF brand is growing, but it is still weak and there's no better way to grow it than whooping the folks with the best brand equity regardless of where there program is now vs. where it has been in the past.  See Auburn and what it did for us.  Those trips to FSU in the future or UF could do the same thing.  And if we lose?  Big deal, we weren't expected to win those anyway...

It's not like the Auburn deal. That was a 1 game wonder. UF i think is multiple games in the Swamp. If it was a 1 game deal i wouldn't be bothered by it at all. After we played Miami in Miami and lost, they decided to pursue a future schedule with us, agreeing on proper return game terms. UF took our cookies on the deal like Bubba does to people in jail, and we gladly allowed it. PATHETIC.

• Content Count:  412

So what if they won't play us here.  You want to be in the big time?  You go there and CLEAN THEIR CLOCKS!

You do that and see if they won't want to get a return trip to even the score lest you hold that over their heads forever with recruits.  If anything, we should be trying like crazy to do as much as possible to get a game like that (sure fire big draw on TV) to build this program.

You want to get the best recruits?  To be seen on the same level?  The only way you can do that is to BEAT THEM.  If that takes only going to their place, then fine!  YOu do it!

The USF brand is growing, but it is still weak and there's no better way to grow it than whooping the folks with the best brand equity regardless of where there program is now vs. where it has been in the past.  See Auburn and what it did for us.  Those trips to FSU in the future or UF could do the same thing.  And if we lose?  Big deal, we weren't expected to win those anyway...

It's not like the Auburn deal. That was a 1 game wonder. UF i think is multiple games in the Swamp. If it was a 1 game deal i wouldn't be bothered by it at all. After we played Miami in Miami and lost, they decided to pursue a future schedule with us, agreeing on proper return game terms. UF took our cookies on the deal like Bubba does to people in jail, and we gladly allowed it. PATHETIC.

Ya'll are talking like right after we were ranked #2 last season, we inked this deal with UF. The USF that signed this UF deal was not in a position to demand a home and home. Sometimes we forget how quickly (i.e. ONE SEASON) we've gained real, solid, sustainable noteriety.

Does that mean in hindsight we got a raw deal? Absolutely. And if UF had any cajones whatsoever, they would switch it up with us. But as I said, it's not in their interests.

There will come a day when the UFs and the FSUs will have no choice but to play us, lest they lose recruiting/ nat'l media cred. But we're just not there yet. As Oregon (and UConn, and Cincy, and Rutgers) so thoughtfully reminded us last season, we have a looonnnng way to go before we are justified in any sort of outrage over not being invited to the Adult's Table.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF was in C-USA when the Florida games were made, and there was no hint that we would be joining the Big-East in the near future.

Over the years, Leavitt has been able to use THOSE games for recruiting. He STILL is using them as such, even though they have been pushed back time and again. LOL

I'm sure USF COULD pay a buyout for at least one of those games, but it will come at a heavy price. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the second game at Florida gets kicked down the road again.

We have a full slate of BCS teams (home and away) scheduled through 2013, unless we change our policy of only having two OOC BCS games each year. If the thanksgiving series with Miami gets renewed, then we will be booked with BCS teams through 2016.

• Content Count:  4,879

I agree with Smazza, unless it is a bowl and Bowden has no say in the matter.  FSU/Bowden does not want to play or even acknowledge USF ulness it is in the form of a backhanded "compliment".  The Gators are the same, yeah they're going to play us twice at their place.  As far as I'm concerned I hope UM spanks both those teams this year.  At least the Hurricanes have the cojones (and foresight) to play us on a home-and-home basis.  

We need to be big 'canes fans in every game they play over the next 5 years except one each season.  May they go 11-1 every year.

• Content Count:  505

UF doesn't play anyone on the road except FSU and with the 12 game seasons occasionally at UM (next game there is 2013).  Why would they come to USF when they won't go anywhere else? There is a better chance Ohio State will drop Michigan from the schedule than UF dropping FSU or even replacing Miami with USF.  UF never plays Big Ten, ACC, Big East, Pac 10, Big 12 road games, and there are many teams that would be more advantagous than playing USF.  UF makes too much money playing Charleston Southern at home every year than agreeing to a 1-1 with anyone including Notre Dame.  The swamp will be sold out against everyone.  The only way we ever play UF away from the swamp is if it's in a BCS game, period.

Archived