• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs. FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

I would love to see such a match up, especially as a bowl game when both programs are having good years. Can you imagine the atmosphere? I think both programs would bring good, hostile crowds. FSU fans wanting to "put us in our place", and USF fans wanting to take the Seminoles down a notch or two

I suppose it could be called the "Jim Bowl"

fau-usf-01.jpg vs. t1_weatherford_si.jpg

I really think the landscape of college football has changed over the last decade. I admit I'm probably biased, but I can totally see USF challenging for supremecy (not just Big 4 status) in the state in the next 10 years.

It's great to be a bull. I love our team.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

will not happen with bowden as coach

will not happen with bowden as coach

That's smart thinking on his part.  ;)

But can he really not play us if the matchup occurs in a bowl game? I suppose he could decline the invite, but come on.

• Content Count:  1,757

I agree with Smazza, unless it is a bowl and Bowden has no say in the matter.  FSU/Bowden does not want to play or even acknowledge USF ulness it is in the form of a backhanded "compliment".  The Gators are the same, yeah they're going to play us twice at their place.  As far as I'm concerned I hope UM spanks both those teams this year.  At least the Hurricanes have the cojones (and foresight) to play us on a home-and-home basis.  

• Content Count:  291

The Gators are just high on themselves. The deal needs to be reworked, for a them to come for 1 game to Ray Jay. If Miami can come here so can Florida. Doesn't Miami hold more NC trophies than Florida? If so Florida needs to stop thinking they are amazing, they sucked for the first 50 years of existence.

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

FSU is still looking for a non-conference opponent to play in 2009 (As per today's St Pete Times)

The Gators are just high on themselves. The deal needs to be reworked, for a them to come for 1 game to Ray Jay. If Miami can come here so can Florida. Doesn't Miami hold more NC trophies than Florida? If so Florida needs to stop thinking they are amazing, they sucked for the first 50 years of existence.

Ha, can you imagine the controversy if UF came to Tampa and some USF students were forced to pick sides?  Some of those UF t-shirt wearin' USF students would probably be mugged.

..and the cops would never catch me.

• Content Count:  291

Ha, can you imagine the controversy if UF came to Tampa and some USF students were forced to pick sides?  Some of those UF t-shirt wearin' USF students would probably be mugged.

..and the cops would never catch me.

I hate UF with a passion as i grew up a FSU and USF fan, so i wouldn't have a problem with that. But having them come here would be a huge statement game. It's just pathetic that we have to go there twice and get no return games. AD needs to rework the deal. USF is a hotter topic then ever it's not like were new to the scene anymore.

• Content Count:  6,928

FSU is still looking for a non-conference opponent to play in 2009 (As per today's St Pete Times)

we only agree to play FSU with a 1 for 1.

No "return" game then no game at FSU.

do not confuse us with the idiots to the east.........

• Content Count:  412

They certainly are a bunch of d-bags up there, but the first 50 years don't mean squat. FL has more NCs than Miami in the last decade.

If Auburn taught me anything, it's that all the tradition in the world won't save you from a loss, so it's nothing to look at when talking about the here and now.

Archived