• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Virginia Travel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Flying in to PIT (definitely cheaper), staying with a friend there, hitching a ride with my aunt and uncle to the game.

Pretty cheap trip for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

7 of us staying in Washington, PA.

• Content Count:  5,241

Anyone stayin at the Holiday inn Suites in Pitt?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

the itch to go to this game is really setting in...I think I'm going to buy the tickets but hold off a bit on the travel due to financial/job etc. My birthday is the day after the game so renting a car (i will be 25) wouly problable still be too expensive for the whole weekend. I'm of course presuming I'll be able to find someone crazy enough to go to the game with me.

I was thinking of doing the USF hotel package in Pitt. Anyone else considering this? Seemed like a decent price when you include the transportation to the game. Plus I'll need enough alcohol to stay warm during the game and throw in the fact that if there's any possibility of snow at all I have no desire to be driving in it!

Whiskey will make me angry, but keep me warm

me and 2 friends are officially booked at the holiday inn suites in pitt for 2 nights plus airfare and rental car for 259 per person. Thank you travelocity

• Content Count:  2,307

the itch to go to this game is really setting in...I think I'm going to buy the tickets but hold off a bit on the travel due to financial/job etc. My birthday is the day after the game so renting a car (i will be 25) wouly problable still be too expensive for the whole weekend. I'm of course presuming I'll be able to find someone crazy enough to go to the game with me.

I was thinking of doing the USF hotel package in Pitt. Anyone else considering this? Seemed like a decent price when you include the transportation to the game. Plus I'll need enough alcohol to stay warm during the game and throw in the fact that if there's any possibility of snow at all I have no desire to be driving in it!

If you don't find anyone I'll join you!  I really want to go to this game, but I haven't found anyone to go with.  My friend is a little hesitant.  You can get decent prices online, flight and hotel for less than $240, staying at a La Quinta in Pitt.  And that's for double occupancy, we get my friend is whom is all indecisive, and it'll go down even more.  The whole car rental is what hurts me, being under 24 they charge me with crazy fees....so, since you'll be 25, it'll be cheap, and if you're part of the Alumni Association it's even cheaper with their discount.  I think this could be a great plan.

• Content Count:  5,691

anyone have any opinions between the following 2 crappy hotels in morgantown

Best Western Mountaineer Inn  - $135/night AAA rate

Econo Lodge Morgantown - $116/night AAA rate

anyone booked at either?

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

We are at the Best Western. I would never pay $116 a night for an Econo Lodge. Also, I thought I remember the Econo Lodge being a little bit further away than the Best Western.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

If you don't find anyone I'll join you!  I really want to go to this game, but I haven't found anyone to go with.  My friend is a little hesitant.  You can get decent prices online, flight and hotel for less than $240, staying at a La Quinta in Pitt.  And that's for double occupancy, we get my friend is whom is all indecisive, and it'll go down even more.  The whole car rental is what hurts me, being under 24 they charge me with crazy fees....so, since you'll be 25, it'll be cheap, and if you're part of the Alumni Association it's even cheaper with their discount.  I think this could be a great plan.

I kind of have the same issue...my birthday is the day after the game (Dec 7th) so I'd only be 25 for one of the days I'd have a rental. Not sure how a car company would handle that. Plus I'd be risking the lives of every person involved if I ever had to drive in snow...I did it once and let's just say in less than a mile several UNH students were lucky to not have their lives taken.

Realistically how many people do you think you could get to go? I'd consider getting a total of 4 tickets...it's just hard to say who'd be willing to go this far ahead and without knowing what, if anything, the game will mean

Oh and I talked to Anwar yesterday! He's hoping to make the West Virginia a "New Alumni" event...so that'd be good tiimes!

Archived