• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your take on our corps of running backs

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

I like the depth at RB that has developed.  Most of us believe Ford will be the next great one at USF.  Jamar Taylor and Ben Williams are solid backups.  I never hear much about Aston Samuels, but he showed signs and has great speed.  And then you have Bellamy committed for next year and Murray coming in the Fall.

What used to be a position that was always thin on depth has turned that around 180.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

the scheme we run is conducive to have a great running back

andre hall was exceptional in that he performed almost everytime called upon

in our scheme no back is getting 10 carries to warm up

if i was a great running back i wouldnt come to usf

• Content Count:  291

Our O-Line is veteran, if they stay healthy we should average around 150 ypg from a single back. (Ford)

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Andre was GREAT but he was a 1 man show. He was the entire offense. I would rather have what we do now just because of the depth at the position now. Imagine what the offense would have looked like with Grothe at QB and Hall at RB....SCARY

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Ford will post 20 TDS and 1400 yards... Dude is a beast, by midseason people in college football world (except Alabama fans)  will be saying, "where the hell did he come from?"

• Content Count:  1,894

What you said...If i were a great running back I wouldn't come to this school. I agree, we got lucky with ford in the position he put himself in. The same with Streeter at wr. Why would he come here to get a maximum of 400-500 yards recieving on the year. He is a 1000 plus guy and our system doesn't work that way. We spread the love. Unfortunately we do the same with the rb's. Mike ford should be our only back with Jamar taylor rotating in. How do I like that? It sounds pretty good to me. The rest can play their role. Mike Ford has all the tools to be in the Nfl. With our oline filled with upperclassmen I feel this could be his breakout year. Im praying that Bailey somehow gets on the field and plays fb for him. Overall Excited.

• Content Count:  4,879

I'll take Ford's sophmore season at USF over Hall's.   ;)

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We have far and away the best RB's and FB's we've ever had. That's especially so if Kalvin Bailey makes it on campus.

Having said that, it depends on how we use them, if we are to be more sucessful than we were when Andre was here.

We COULD have one hell of a power running game, with multiple backs, like Arkansas has against us in 2002. IMO, Leavitt should rewatch that game and use some of their plays this year.  ;D

Archived