• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

BaseBULLS Beat Stetson 2-1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Bulls Toss Hatters, 2-1

TAMPA, Fla. – With a 2-1 victory over Stetson on Wednesday, the University of South Florida baseball team swept both midweek games for the second time in two weeks. 

Sophomore starter Teddy Kaufman earned his second win of the season, striking out two while allowing one run from four hits in 6.2 innings. Freshman Michael Anzivino relieved Kaufman in the seventh, then sophomore closer Shawn Sanford picked up his 10th save of the year with a 1.2 inning, no-hit outing. 

"We needed that out of Teddy, especially after last night when we used so many pitchers," said USF coach Lelo Prado. "He did a good job, and Anzivino did a good job. Then Shawn came in and did what he is supposed to do, and that is finish the job. I was very happy with our pitchers tonight."

Freshman Ryan Lockwood singled up the middle in the first inning to tie USF's longest hitting streak in the past nine years. With the hit, he ties shortstop Water Diaz' 24-game clip in 2007. Lockwood was 3-of-4 in Wednesday's game, with a trio of singles, two runs scored and a stolen base. 

After Tuesday night's game - two grand slams and four homers, 30 runs, 425 pitches thrown by 13 different pitchers, 10 innings and the better part of five hours - the match up between the Bulls and Hatters had no home runs, three runs scored, 233 pitches by five pitchers and nine innings in two hours, 22 minutes. 

"We did enough to win," added Prado. "After last night, I knew this one was going to be tough, I'm just happy we got the win."

Read the entire story at GoUSFBulls.com

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Ya know its nice the BaseBulls are winning these non-conf games but win are they gonna start being more competitve regarding the conference.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Ya know its nice the BaseBulls are winning these non-conf games but win are they gonna start being more competitve regarding the conference.

I think they ae competitive now.  They are just ready to go to the top of the conference yet. Rread the press release above and the two words that stand out throughout the article are Freshman and Sophomore.  The only problem with the team right now is that most of the key contributors (especially pitching) are Freshman and Sophomores  Next year and moving forward, when the team matures they will start competing for titles.

This is the same situation right now with most of our teams.  Since entering the Big East we have upgraded the level of on field and on court talent, but the newcomers are still mostly underclassmen.  Until the talent matures and gets more game experience you won't see conference titles.  It's coming soon in one of these sports.  The reality of D1 college sports is that it is almost impossible (I can think of only 1 instance) where any team in any sport wins when the majority of the team is Freshman and Sophomores.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Great game last night.  In my opinion, there were 3 stars.  First of all Ryan Lockwood had 3 hits, 2 stolen bases, and 2 runs scored.  He was the offense last night, and with the exception of the first couple weeks of the season, has been our MVP for the year.  Teddy Kaufmann pitched a whale of a game, going 6 and 2.3 innings and only allowing 1 run on four hits.  Two of those hits were infield grounders that we couldn't really make a play on.  Total dominance by Teddy.  And the third star would have to go to Shawn Sanford.  He's taking his lumps lately, but last night came in and held the Hatters on base in the 8th and dominated the 9th for a 5 out save.  Great win in my opinion.  Hopefully we can keep this momentum heading into the Villanova series.  We'll need to win 2 out of 3 games (or sweep them), but it all starts on Friday.  You win that game first and let everything else fall in place. 

Great job Bulls!!

Archived