• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This upcoming football season is USF's biggest!

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just tired of losing the games we should win, but for stupid mistakes/shooting ourselves in the foot.

If we take care of those problems, sky's the limit.

Consistency and Complacency is something Leavitt is battling everyday to improve on, as does every coach.  We're not always the most talented team stepping on the field so we have to be better in those two areas to take the proverbial next step.

Personally I think the four best teams this year in the BE are coming to Tampa, I just don't believe UL will be any good, and WVU...to put more simply UL, WVU, and Cinci all have lost some luster from their 07 campaigns and it's the prime moment to be visiting them with an offense returning 10 starters and a defense returning 7.  This team needs about 3-4 certain players to take that proverbial next step from being good to being great--- and really it's all on those guys and thus far none have really pushed themselves hard enough to make the jump---because if those guys do it then we'll be a very good team.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  760

I tend to disagree. For us the road to the Big East Championship will be one on just that, THE ROAD

I dont think UL and WVU will be as bad as everyone thinks. I think UL can only go up from last years miserable season, and WVU, while they wont have the same offensive firepower they used to, they should not be taken lightly. And UC always plays us tough and physical especially at their place. Lets not forget that while these teams may not be as good as they have been, they are still tough ROAD games.

I really think UCONN had a "fluke" type season. We'll have to see once the season starts. We will just need to contain their RB, Andre Dixon. RU will not matchup well against us without Ray Rice. PITT has the Wann-stache, and Syracuse is Syracuse. We need to take care of these teams at home.

The Big East is ours for the taking, I just hope we finally do what we are supposed to do.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think that Oregon game will be great for us this season. Any time we even start to get cocky, CJL only has to say Sun Bowl to bring the team back to earth. The three losses in the regular season were so close that you can argue that one play goes another way and we win.

With Oregon, CJL can say definitively that if the team doesn't show up to play, they just might get their ***es handed to them.

I think WVU has too much pride to have a bad year, they won't be as dominant as in the past, but they will win close games with a majority of the conference. We have never won in Louisville. Cincy seemingly owns us the way we do WVU. It's all fun and games to say we have their number, but Cincy could say the same about us. We should win the BE. In 2005, we choked when we had an outside shot. Last year, we got a bit ahead of ourselves. Now is the time to learn from those mistakes, play consistent football, and step on the field knowing that we are going to win.

• Content Count:  4,016

I tend to disagree. For us the road to the Big East Championship will be one on just that, THE ROAD

I dont think UL and WVU will be as bad as everyone thinks. I think UL can only go up from last years miserable season, and WVU, while they wont have the same offensive firepower they used to, they should not be taken lightly. And UC always plays us tough and physical especially at their place. Lets not forget that while these teams may not be as good as they have been, they are still tough ROAD games.

I really think UCONN had a "fluke" type season. We'll have to see once the season starts. We will just need to contain their RB, Andre Dixon. RU will not matchup well against us without Ray Rice. PITT has the Wann-stache, and Syracuse is Syracuse. We need to take care of these teams at home.

The Big East is ours for the taking, I just hope we finally do what we are supposed to do.

Do you realize Lousville lost 8 offensive starters, and 7 defensive starters.  They lose Brohm, Urrutia, Douglass, Carter, three OL, three TE's, Anthony Allen...my goodness how does anyone recover from that?  UL won't be pitiful but to assume they'll be dominant is a stretch they've got to many questions to answer.  Generally WVU probably won't be bad, but they lost 8-9 defensive starters, Slaton, Reynaud, and Schmidt.  I think they'll be fine with the offensive losses but defense could make them porous.

Uconn is returning everyone, they only loss like 6-7 total starters, and Cinci loses a little bit.  Don't take those teams for granted.  If Wanny doesn't win 8 games with this team then he's a royal boob.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

please please please please please please just win the stinking conference!!!!

true

I'm just tired of losing the games we should win, but for stupid mistakes/shooting ourselves in the foot.

If we take care of those problems, sky's the limit.

things will not change

Do you realize Lousville lost 8 offensive starters, and 7 defensive starters.  They lose Brohm, Urrutia, Douglass, Carter, three OL, three TE's, Anthony Allen...my goodness how does anyone recover from that?  UL won't be pitiful but to assume they'll be dominant is a stretch they've got to many questions to answer.  Generally WVU probably won't be bad, but they lost 8-9 defensive starters, Slaton, Reynaud, and Schmidt.  I think they'll be fine with the offensive losses but defense could make them porous.

Uconn is returning everyone, they only loss like 6-7 total starters, and Cinci loses a little bit.  Don't take those teams for granted.  If Wanny doesn't win 8 games with this team then he's a royal boob.

usf needs to prove they can take care of business

• Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

usf needs to prove they can take care of business

Exactly. Just win. Period. No excuses.

• Content Count:  2,726

Smart Confidence will determine the season...

If we don't come out every game like we are going to win and doodle around...then we will lose. 

I was so heartbroken after the UConn game.  I traveled all that way to see them not score until the SECOND HALF!!!  WTF!!!

WIN, WIN, WIN!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  5,241

Do you realize Lousville lost 8 offensive starters, and 7 defensive starters. 

I think the fact that Louisville lost 7 Defensive Starters helps their cause

Archived