• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This upcoming football season is USF's biggest!

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Last year, many people in America got introduced to the Bulls for the first time.

This year, with 6 national games (so far), I think we have a chance to really establish our national identity. I think we need to beat Kansas and get in the polls early and stay there.

If there were ever a year where a USF BCS bowl bid is important, this is the year!

The question now, of course, is how the heck do we fans survive these dull summer months?  :snore

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Every season is a new milestone for USF.  The Defense will be the best in the BE this year - Selvie, Buie, McKenzie and company will dominate the field.

Bulls pull away for first 10 game win season.....

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

The next step, if we are to continue our monumental rise since inception, is to at the very least, win the Big East.

• Content Count:  4,642

please please please please please please just win the stinking conference!!!!

• Content Count:  760

please please please please please please just win the stinking conference!!!!

You forgot another please.  ;D

• Content Count:  88

I think USF has solid chance to win BE this year. At least from a personnel perspective, they are equipped to beat anyone in conference. Key success points are offensive system (establishing running game from RB position) and consistency toward late season. theJIM has built a nice schedule that plays in USF's favor as well. UCF will be a marginally difficult opponent physically but will bring early season team focus. theJIM will really want to sweep this series 4-0. Road game at WV will be most difficult of season, but their depleted offense will struggle against experienced USF defense. All those upperclassmen on the field works to USF's favor in the mental toughness department as well.

I really think that this year is the year for USF to win BE and reach BCS game if all cylinders are firing. As a UCF fan, I go against the grain and tend to find that more inspiring than frustrating. If someone other than UF, FSU, or Miami can do it, then maybe someday we can too. Good luck.

• Content Count:  6,811
  • Days Won:  22

If you look at it from the schedule, players experience and talent. This should be USF's best team ever.

Next year we lose most of the OLine, two LBs, safeties and probably both DEs. It will be a young team. This one will be very experienced. IF we dont get major injuries and play smart ball ( cut down INTs and TOs) we should win the Big East

• Content Count:  7,890

Last year, many people in America got introduced to the Bulls for the first time.

This year, with 6 national games (so far), I think we have a chance to really establish our national identity. I think we need to beat Kansas and get in the polls early and stay there.

If there were ever a year where a USF BCS bowl bid is important, this is the year!

The question now, of course, is how the heck do we fans survive these dull summer months?  :snore

watching the WVU and Auburn game over and over

• Content Count:  292

I think USF has solid chance to win BE this year. At least from a personnel perspective, they are equipped to beat anyone in conference. Key success points are offensive system (establishing running game from RB position) and consistency toward late season. theJIM has built a nice schedule that plays in USF's favor as well. UCF will be a marginally difficult opponent physically but will bring early season team focus. theJIM will really want to sweep this series 4-0. Road game at WV will be most difficult of season, but their depleted offense will struggle against experienced USF defense. All those upperclassmen on the field works to USF's favor in the mental toughness department as well.

I really think that this year is the year for USF to win BE and reach BCS game if all cylinders are firing. As a UCF fan, I go against the grain and tend to find that more inspiring than frustrating. If someone other than UF, FSU, or Miami can do it, then maybe someday we can too. Good luck.

nice take...  it would be nice to see all florida teams win their respected conferences.  this year it could very well happen (although likely a stretch)!  BE- USF C-USA -UCF ACC-MIAMI/FSU SEC - UF

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Omniknight, very nice and impressive post. Thanks for the honest thoughts. What is your take on UCF this year? You seem to have lost some big pieces of the puzzle; how do you expect this season to turn out for you?

Archived