• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Angelberger Hits Grand Slam in Bulls 19-11 Extra Inning Win Over FAU

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF

Angelberger Tags Third Slam

BOCA RATON, Fla. – In yet another dramatic game for the University of South Florida baseball team (21-19), the Bulls scored eight runs in the top of the 10th to beat Florida Atlantic 19-11 Tuesday night at FAU Stadium.

USF held a 10-5 lead in the top of the eighth, but the Owls scored six runs in the bottom of the frame to take the 11-10 lead. In the ninth, freshman Stephen Hunt, who was the designated hitter and pitched to a pair of batters in the eighth, sent a leadoff home run over the right field fence to tie the game at 11. USF collected eight in the top of the 10th to pick up its 21st win of the season.

Senior Joey Angelberger sparked the Bulls early in the game, when he sent a grand slam over the left field fence in the third inning, his sixth home run of the season and his third grand slam of the year. The senior first baseman's last three home runs – at West Virginia, against Louisville and at FAU – have all been grand slams.

USF's 19 runs are the most scored this season and its 18 hits ties the team's season record in the category.

View the remainder fo the report at GoUSFBulls.com

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like our bullpen is similar to that of the Rays..........what's up with these guys blowing leads?

• Content Count:  6,928

there is nothing better than listening to Bulls baseball on the radio. You can get your work done and fel the excitement all at the same time. Thanks 1010am.

Go Bulls

• Content Count:  3

Well I haven't been able to use many of my season tickets but I did have the opportunity to go to the game last night.  Remember FAU beat Miami and it took a homerun in Miami’s last at bat to keep FAU from sweeping.

There was a glimmer of hope, greatly improved hitting with runners in scoring position and less than 2 out, a lot of first pitch strikes from both the starter, wasn't around long, but also the relievers.  The base running still looks like the Bulls are carrying a bucket of Rocky Manure when they are on the bases. 

Thankfully Kyle Eastham wasn’t hurt badly, it was a vicious line drive and it sounded sickening it sounded like hitting a line drive at a wall.  He was hit in the leg an inning or two earlier.

There were a number of recruits in attendance, I believe Coach and his staff will be able to successfully recruit in South Florida.

I’ll be in Tampa for this week-end

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks for chiming in Larry.  I was at the Springsteen show last night jamming with Bruce and crew.  Nice to see USF get a much needed win.  Hopefully they'll keep it going tonight versus Stetson.  Stephen Hunt is turning into a player right before our eyes.  And what more can you ask of Jonathon Koscso?  He is only one of three players to play in each and every game this season, with Maruszak and Lockwood.  Pretty telling stat.

Great job Bulls, beat those Hatters!!

Archived