• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn game will be on ESPN . . . on a Sunday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

personally.

Sunday College football SUCKS!

my thoughts too

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I am not a big fan of this at all.

Sure it leaves Saturday to watch other games, but coming from out of town and then driving back LATE on Sunday to be at work on Monday is going to be tough.  You know it will be late because it is televised and with all the commercial breaks, we are looking at close to midnight before getting out of there.  A tw hour ride home and it will be a tough Monday morning.

It also may hurt the actual attendance because of the next day being a school day ..... Season ticket holders that include kids need to find homes for those unused tix.

pinellas county schools are off the entire Thanksgiving week.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

Man did i luck out, I have a close friends wedding the 22nd, so with this move i will be able to make the Game now ;D

That's strange. That same day my friend had a wedding to go to and now that the game is on the 23rd, he can do both!

• Content Count:  4,451

'Well well...its a good possibility Bulldoug and his family may be spending Thanksgiving week at Mom & Pops for Thanksgiving.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Per Greg's Blog:

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

More ESPN: USF-UConn moved to Sunday

I'm telling you, ESPN really likes USF football.

The Bulls now have six 2008 games scheduled for broadcast on ESPN or ESPN2 this fall, as USF's home finale against Connecticut has been backed up a day to Sunday, Nov. 23, when it will have an 8 p.m. kickoff on ESPN.

The game's only football competition will be the NBC prime-time NFL game, which has the Chargers hosting the Colts. (The Bucs are at Detroit that afternoon.) The Sunday kickoff won't create a short week for either team because both have the next week off; USF finishes the season at West Virginia on Dec. 7, while Connecticut plays host to Pittsburgh the same day.

That gives the Bulls four non-Saturday games this fall, with a Friday game against Kansas on Sept. 12 and Thursday games in October against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. It's reasonable to think USF and Connecticut could both be in the hunt for the Big East title, so this game could have major conference ramifications, with most of the conference off the following week. Thanksgiving, by the way, is Nov. 27 this fall -- that's a Thursday, but I think it might get moved to Friday so it can air on ESPN2 ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 12:19:34 AM on April 23, 2008 | Permalink  | Comments (0)

And UConn  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yah right

• Content Count:  412

Yah right

They did beat us last year.

We're really in no position to talk smack about a team that beat us last year. Then we're no better than UCiF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,474
  • Days Won:  422

Per Greg's Blog:

The Bulls now have six 2008 games scheduled for broadcast on ESPN or ESPN2 this fall, as USF's home finale against Connecticut has been backed up a day to Sunday, Nov. 23, when it will have an 8 p.m. kickoff on ESPN.

The game's only football competition will be the NBC prime-time NFL game, which has the Chargers hosting the Colts. (The Bucs are at Detroit that afternoon.) The Sunday kickoff won't create a short week for either team because both have the next week off; USF finishes the season at West Virginia on Dec. 7, while Connecticut plays host to Pittsburgh the same day.

That gives the Bulls four non-Saturday games this fall, with a Friday game against Kansas on Sept. 12 and Thursday games in October against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. It's reasonable to think USF and Connecticut could both be in the hunt for the Big East title, so this game could have major conference ramifications, with most of the conference off the following week. Thanksgiving, by the way, is Nov. 27 this fall -- that's a Thursday, but I think it might get moved to Friday so it can air on ESPN2 ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 12:19:34 AM on April 23, 2008 | Permalink  | Comments (0)

Nice ......  :thumbsup

Yah right

They did beat us last year.

We're really in no position to talk smack about a team that beat us last year. Then we're no better than UCiF.

They were also, technically, Big East Co-Champions last year (thanks to Pitt).  They return almost every starter.  It's not out of the realm of possibilities.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

"During the 2008 season, USF will be in the fortunate position of having four games nationally broadcast in time slots with no other college football competition."  :o

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1446508

It's great that three of those games are in Tampa playing Kansas, Pitt and UConn.

Now, if we could only find a way to win @Cincy we stand a good chance at sweeping them all and favorably impacting our national exposure, ESPECIALLY with recruits.

• Content Count:  1,985

Per Greg's Blog:

ESPN is our Management Company, they have a vested interest in the TV rights to the team.  This is why C47 cannot play games live, or get much coverage on the team.  It all has to be approved by ESPN and of course they want the broadcast rights.  However I am happy they are showcasing us this year, it is proof they think we will make the draw.  Face it, they think there is a national story brewing or else we would not be there.

Archived