• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The 2-deep heading into fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I'm loving all the optimism, but must we forget that every year, we lose a game(or 2) that we have no business losing. That problem must be solved this year. Period.

No doubt, that's something that's tough for teams striving to be great is to learn how to win consistently.  This season will be tough because as it stands everyone in the BE will be solid.  I would argue that WVU, and UL will have troubles and I just don't think Da Cuse is close but Uconn and Cinci still return a ton and mostly seniors, Pitt my goodness Wanny can't help but be at decent with the talent he's recruited, and RU brings back a bunch with good recruiting, and WVU lost a ton but they return all-american players too.

The schedule sets up well, but this team must learn to develop a swagger and go into games looking to put away opponents early.  Last year against RU, Uconn, and Cinci we came in and didn't have that killer instinct.  By the time we developed in the game it was either to late, or we had allowed the home teams, RU and Uconn, to hang around long enough that the home field edge won them the game.  We've got to go for the juggular early, and take out opponents and zap the life out of them like we did with Auburn, UNC, WVU, and UCF early.  That means no complacency.  I know that's something Leavitt is trying to develop, and part of it is talent, we're not always the most talented team man-for-man stepping on the field so it's difficult to take a team out quickly in that instance. 

There are a few players on this team that need to turn the corner and stop wanting to just be good, and strive for greatness.  If we get that then we'll be just fine.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived