• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

usf should propose a 5 year deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

UCF will not agree to anything other than a 1-1 at this time.  So any thoughts of getting them to agree to an unbalanced series are not going anywhere.  We will not be replacing the 1AA with UCF, it will not happen.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I agree, good idea. But doesnt the NCAA force us to play a 1AA? I thought there was some rule so that 1AA have a shot at playing some good teams.

LOL!!! NO!!

Only thing the NCAA did was change the rule that use to be: Div I-A teams could count Div I-AA wins once every 4 years for bowl eligibility to now allowing 1 Div I-AA per YEAR to count for bowl eligibility.

Now Div I-A teams only need FIVE Div I-A wins to go bowling each and every year.

No one FORCES Div I-A teams to schedule I-AA's...but since some teams can fill up their stadium REGARDLESS who they play...many teams look for the easiest way out (i.e. ensure a guaranteed victory) all while earning maximum $$$$ (sold-out stadiums plus cheaper fees paid to Div I-AA teams as compared to visiting I-A teams).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I agree, good idea. But doesnt the NCAA force us to play a 1AA? I thought there was some rule so that 1AA have a shot at playing some good teams.

LOL!!! NO!!

Only thing the NCAA did was change the rule that use to be: Div I-A teams could count Div I-AA wins once every 4 years for bowl eligibility to now allowing 1 Div I-A per YEAR to count for bowl eligibility.

Now Div I-A teams only need FIVE Div I-A wins to go bowling each and every year.

No one FORCES Div I-A teams to schedule I-AA's...but since some teams can fill up their stadium REGARDLESS who they play...many teams look for the easiest way out (i.e. ensure a guaranteed victory) all while earning maximum $$$$ (sold-out stadiums plus cheaper fees paid to Div I-AA teams as compared to visiting I-A teams).

Exactly what part of Sanjay's post did you not fully comprehend???

No it is not mandatory to play 1AA teams.  However, almost everyone does as such a win counts toward the 6 needed to be bowl eligible.  Also it is almost always a one and done home game for the 1A team.  I think it is stupid but as long as it counts towards bowl eligibility expect most schools to play one.

• Content Count:  398

I despise UCF and would love nothing more than to continue smashing their pretty white helmets into the ground. If we don't play them at all, that's fine with me too.

• Content Count:  709

It was already pointed out how some teams dominate series early.  I'm not convinced with your arguments.

But it is also easy to find examples of teams that dominate a series early will continue to dominate.

UCiF needs USF more than we need you. In fact we can make an argument that we dont need you at all.

More heifer-logic.

UCF doesn't need you guys either.  It is much better for us to beat Texas, Wisconson, BC, NC State, etc.  You know, teams with REAL followings not teams that have fans that show up only when they're winning.  We would rather beat real BCS teams that actually have a history.  USF is nobody.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

It was already pointed out how some teams dominate series early.  I'm not convinced with your arguments.

But it is also easy to find examples of teams that dominate a series early will continue to dominate.

UCiF needs USF more than we need you. In fact we can make an argument that we dont need you at all.

More heifer-logic.

UCF doesn't need you guys either.  It is much better for us to beat Texas, Wisconson, BC, NC State, etc.  You know, teams with REAL followings not teams that have fans that show up only when they're winning.  We would rather beat real BCS teams that actually have a history.  USF is nobody.

Plus, you have a better chance of beating them than you do of beating USF ..... a very wise move on UCF's part. Why keep putting yourselves through this.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

no such rule

great idea-  i would rather play ftu/ou/oc and pound them every year

this would lock up all talent in I4 corridor

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

More heifer-logic.

ftu/ou/oc needs to play all bcs teams they can get

they need usf and pray usf still plays them

if usf turns their back on ftu/ou/oc,knights will be stuck with fiu/fia or gulf coast university at west southern florida

ftu/ou/oc remains one of the biggest failures in sports history.a school in orlando surrounded by the worlds best talent couldnt field a competitive team for 30 years.WHAT LOSERS!!!!

• Content Count:  88

More heifer-logic.

ftu/ou/oc needs to play all bcs teams they can get

they need usf and pray usf still plays them

if usf turns their back on ftu/ou/oc,knights will be stuck with fiu/fia or gulf coast university at west southern florida

ftu/ou/oc remains one of the biggest failures in sports history.a school in orlando surrounded by the worlds best talent couldnt field a competitive team for 30 years.WHAT LOSERS!!!!

smazza should propose 5 year fitness program to self.

no, nevermind. not long enough to get to normalcy.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Hopefully Smazza doesn't hire George O'Leary as his trainer... he might collapse and die.

Archived