• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

usf should propose a 5 year deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

It was already pointed out how some teams dominate series early.  I'm not convinced with your arguments.

HILARIOUS!  You guys will spin ANYTHING!  Enjoy that kool aid!

History speaks for itself, son.  Look it up.

_EI downplayed the facts, but they are what they are.

OSU/Michigan - UM was the strong program and OSU was the patsy.  OSU won their first game in the series in game 16(2 ties).

Florida/Florida State - Florida was the strong program in comparison to FSU at the time.  FSU's first win was year 7(1 tie).  UF has a 31-19 win advantage.

Florida State/Miami - FSU was still a relative nobody and didn't win until year 6.

Navy/Notre Dame - The streak BCS team ND had over Navy was huge, but they kept playing.  After a 40 year streak, Navy won.  Also, Navy didn't get their first win until year 7.  The series is 70-10 in favor of ND.

Oklahoma/Nebraska - OU got their first win in year 6

Oklahoma/Texas - OU got their first win in year 8(1 tie)

East Carolina/West Virginia - WVU owns the series at 17-2 with ECU's first win coming in year 9.  They have played consistently since that game.

Notre Dame/Air Force - ND owns series 22-6 and lost their first game in year 12.  They have played 4 times in the past 7 seasons.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Like I said, keep spinning it.  When you have to go to 50 to 100 year old rivalries to try and tell us that ucIF is competitive versus USF when we've whooped that azz three years running, you know that you are reaching!

HILARIOUS!

Like I said, keep spinning it.  When you have to go to 50 to 100 year old rivalries to try and tell us that ucIF is competitive versus USF when we've whooped that azz three years running, you know that you are reaching!

HILARIOUS!

The long established ones are the ones worth looking at.  They show that one-sided early can become a good rivalry.  Your goggles just won't let that fact through.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As long as USF is BCS and UCF is not, this will be a one-sided match-up.  Does that mean USF will win every time?  Nope, not at all, heck you might win this year, but I would expect it to be along the lines of WVU-ECU long term. 

All the traditional rivalries which started one-sided were teams at the same level so things could balance out.  Are there any BCS-nonBCS matchups which are relatively even over the longterm?

As long as USF is BCS and UCF is not, this will be a one-sided match-up.  Does that mean USF will win every time?  Nope, not at all, heck you might win this year, but I would expect it to be along the lines of WVU-ECU long term. 

All the traditional rivalries which started one-sided were teams at the same level so things could balance out.  Are there any BCS-nonBCS matchups which are relatively even over the longterm?

If things stay the same for the long term, that is a very possible result.  The rivalries I listed started out with one school being at a much higher level than the other and how things changed over time.

There are and were some good rivalries against schools that are and are not BCS.  While Mississippi owns this one, Ole Miss/Memphis has become a fun game to watch.  Colorado/Colorado State is a common matchup, but on this side of the country, it doesn't get noticed.

Louisville/Kentucky was a good matchup before UL went BCS.  In fact, UL has a 7-4 advantage from the 90s until they joined the Big East.

TCU has some long standing rivalries from their older days.  Their rivalry with Arkansas lasted until Ark changed conferences.  They recently resumed their rivalry with Baylor(tied series).  Up until the 90s, Kansas and TCU played and TCU has a big series lead.  TCU and Oklahoma play well against each other.  Same with Texas Tech.

See, there are some good rivalries.  Some were due to conference affiliations and then ceased.  Some ceased and resumed while others never died.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

It was already pointed out how some teams dominate series early.  I'm not convinced with your arguments.

HILARIOUS!  You guys will spin ANYTHING!  Enjoy that kool aid!

History speaks for itself, son.  Look it up.

_EI downplayed the facts, but they are what they are.

OSU/Michigan - UM was the strong program and OSU was the patsy.  OSU won their first game in the series in game 16(2 ties).

Florida/Florida State - Florida was the strong program in comparison to FSU at the time.  FSU's first win was year 7(1 tie).  UF has a 31-19 win advantage.

Florida State/Miami - FSU was still a relative nobody and didn't win until year 6.

Navy/Notre Dame - The streak BCS team ND had over Navy was huge, but they kept playing.  After a 40 year streak, Navy won.  Also, Navy didn't get their first win until year 7.  The series is 70-10 in favor of ND.

Oklahoma/Nebraska - OU got their first win in year 6

Oklahoma/Texas - OU got their first win in year 8(1 tie)

East Carolina/West Virginia - WVU owns the series at 17-2 with ECU's first win coming in year 9.  They have played consistently since that game.

Notre Dame/Air Force - ND owns series 22-6 and lost their first game in year 12.  They have played 4 times in the past 7 seasons.

And all of those games were before the BCS created the haves and have nots.

The landscape of college football is vastly, vastly different then the leather helmet days when those teams started playing.

A good series is more than just the game on the field.  It's the atmosphere and mutual dislike for the other team.  BCS or not, atmosphere makes the series good.

Notice how I wasn't using the term rivalry.  I know some USF fans get their panties in a knot when UCF/USF and rivalry are put together.  My point goes beyond our matchup.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

You'd rather play BCC just to say "we aren't playing UCF."  Weak.

Sorry, but we're playing virtually EVERYONE in the state, except for FSU who refuses to schedule us.  Also, it isn't so that we can say "we aren't playing ucIF", it is because we don't need to play you.  We proved our point: USF > ucIF.  Check the scoreboard, all three of them, and soon to be four.

Your black and gold goggles are strong today, but your comebacks are weak.

isnt it fun pounding these guys year after year?

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

usf should neverl lose  to ftu/ou/oc based on talent alone

usf should score every time they have the ball this year

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

A good series is more than just the game on the field.  It's the atmosphere and mutual dislike for the other team.  BCS or not, atmosphere makes the series good.

Notice how I wasn't using the term rivalry.  I know some USF fans get their panties in a knot when UCF/USF and rivalry are put together.  My point goes beyond our matchup.

I don't disagree with that... however, that arrangement serves UCF much, much more than USF.  We are the ones with everything to lose by continuing this series. 

If you guys get waxed 64-12, big deal... everyone outside Orlando expects you to lose.

If we lose 21-20, the program takes a hit on all fronts because we lost to a non-BCS program.

Unless the statuses (statii?) are equal and both teams risk the same thing each time they step on the field, this series won't continue.

Archived