• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gransberry disappointed scouts at P.I.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

As Charlie Brown would say..."ARRRRGH!!!"

Come on grans...get in the game, get some passion!

GO BULLS!!!

I don't think passion is the issue.  The problem is, or rather the thing about Gransberry is he's always been so much bigger then everyone else that he's never worked on a real offensive game.  He has no jump shot, no moves with his back to the basket, and has only OK hops.  Generally in college though he could get away with the skills he had at center, but in the NBA he can't play center, not for a full game at least, he's a PF and therefore he must try to ball like one.  With no real offensive skills, going against the best-of-the-best Gransberry obviously finds scoring very difficult because second chance points are less, and put backs.  He could try center but in the NBA he's going to go against 100% of guys that are 6-11 or taller and athletic like Kevin Garnett.

I imagine Grans is getting frustrated now.  He's always been the most physically opposing player on the court and now he is not.  The only way he gets drafted is if teams see him as a lump of clay, a guy that they believe they could develop him more and are willing to risk a 2nd rounder to try it out.  They bring him in for an off-season to see if there is any ability to shape an offensive game with him (it might be worth it for a team because guys that are 6-8 265lbs and athletic as him are difficult to find- a guy that could give minutes at 4 or 5).  After 3-4 months teams will know one way or another and he'll either stick or be kicked out. 

The same thing happened with Solomon Jones.  The difference with Jones is he was a legit 6-11, with arms like a 7-2 guy so he could easily play 4-5, and was very athletic something they could develop into more.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

hois body of work will do his talking for him rather than this showing

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think so, a lot of his success at USF has to do with him being the beneficiary on an untalented team.  Someone has to score the points and someone has to grab the rebounds and he just happened to be the biggest most talented guy on the Bulls depleted roster.

His game will not translate to the NBA, he is unathletic and doesnt have the soft hands and shifty moves of other players with his similar size and game in the NBA.  Such as Glenn Davis and a guy like Oliver Miller.  I would not expect him to make a roster and I definitely do not expect him to be drafted.  But was a great Bull. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think his success rebounding was due to a bad team... he really is a good rebounder, and can be at the next level too...

it is all the other parts of his game that are not good enough.  Even the scouts love his rebounding instinct.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think so, a lot of his success at USF has to do with him being the beneficiary on an untalented team.  Someone has to score the points and someone has to grab the rebounds and he just happened to be the biggest most talented guy on the Bulls depleted roster.

His game will not translate to the NBA, he is unathletic and doesnt have the soft hands and shifty moves of other players with his similar size and game in the NBA.  Such as Glenn Davis and a guy like Oliver Miller.  I would not expect him to make a roster and I definitely do not expect him to be drafted.  But was a great Bull. 

He does have soft hands though. I've seen Gransberry grab some tight passes coming at him 90 MPH and lay it in, and he had glue for hands grabbing rebounds.  But unlike Davis and Miller, he doesn't have a back to the basket offensive game where he's good at working in a pivot.  On a plus he was a decent passer, and an ok dribbler for his size.  His killer is the lack of any meaningful offensive skills.  His skills in college was working a guy into the basket then using his large body to turn to the hoop and lay it in.  That's not working in the NBA with the 24 second clock, and going against teams that usually have a 3, 4, and 5 that all have height and sometimes weight to match up against him.  So in the NBA you have to have offensive skills, or be really tall with long arms like Solomon JOnes that allows you to get the second chance bounds against the rangy athletes of the NBA.  With Solomon's wing span and hops he's capable of going up against the tall elite athletes and taking balls out of the air from them and putting it back.  Grans doesn't have the height or the hops of Jones so he'll have to rely entirely on his wide body for rebounding which will also present problems for him in the NBA.

In the end if he even gets drafted I doubt he sticks because his game just isn't conducive to the NBA, and he lacks a true back to the basket offensive game that other wide body guys like Davis and Miller possessed which made them more valuable.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Big O Oliver Miller was also a great shot blocker. Somwthing many never notice because he was so **** fat.

Archived