• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your All time USF Team

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,442
  • Days Won:  13

I would replace Whittaker or Smith with T.J.

at the end of the year i think TJ will overtake him, Its close but at this point I disagree

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, can someone give me the basics on Blackwell? I know a little about him from the 10 year DVD, but that's it. I know he has good stats. But I have a hard time believing he had as much impact on this program as Grothe.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,951
  • Days Won:  469

FB - Clenton Crossley

Ditto.

Disagree.  Crossley didn't quite reach the top.

He might be on the 2-deep, but not ahead of Otis my main man.

• Content Count:  1,479

I gotta go w/ the Dump Truck

• Content Count:  563

IMO, they are basically the same player . I think BW was a better passer, but GROTHE is a better runner ( along with the sick HL reel he has ) . They main knock you will see against BW is, he didn't play in the BE, but at the same time, he didn't play with BE talent .

• Content Count:  1,479

Ok, can someone give me the basics on Blackwell? I know a little about him from the 10 year DVD, but that's it. I know he has good stats. But I have a hard time believing he had as much impact on this program as Grothe.

He did, kinda what Grothe did taking us from the C-USA era(I know we already played 1 year in the BIG EAST, but you get the idea) and transfering us to "big time, legit BCS" program, Blackwell took the program from 3rd year program in 1-AA to a solid legit 1-A program heading into C-USA when he left 4 years later. The 2002 season ended w/ 7 straight wins, only losses being to Arkansas and Oklahoma and us getting screwed out of a bowl bid b/c we we're an independent. If you ever get a chance to get the game, watch the game against Pitt in 2001. Our first season as a full 1-A member, second game of the year, and watch what Marquel did that day, which really got us our first national attention.

• Content Count:  2,523

He was our first true QB who had the ability to win us games despite not having the level of talent around him to justify some of the things he did.  Hard to describe it, but he just found a way to make plays and was an incredible athlete.  You could tell he was playing at another level than the rest of the guys on the team.  The only other player I remember looking that far ahead of his teammates was Anthony Henry.  From the start you could tell this kid just looked like he didn't belong on our team during his years.  You were thinking, "How in the heck did we get this guy"? as he made play after play and it didn't matter who he was matched up on.

Good list above, can't really find any faults in it.  I really think @ WR you could almost slide anyone in those slots as we just haven't used our WRs properly over the years to really see who was really special other than rubin.  I really think Amarri Jackson could've been special had we used him correctly.  It's pretty sad when you see more reverses in a game when you're 6'5" than jump balls especially as many times as we usually were inside the twenty...

He did, kinda what Grothe did taking us from the C-USA era(I know we already played 1 year in the BIG EAST, but you get the idea) and transfering us to "big time, legit BCS" program, Blackwell took the program from 3rd year program in 1-AA to a solid legit 1-A program heading into C-USA when he left 4 years later. The 2002 season ended w/ 7 straight wins, only losses being to Arkansas and Oklahoma and us getting screwed out of a bowl bid b/c we we're an independent. If you ever get a chance to get the game, watch the game against Pitt in 2001. Our first season as a full 1-A member, second game of the year, and watch what Marquel did that day, which really got us our first national attention.

Great explanation Andy. Im gonna see if I can get ahold of some old games...

He was our first true QB who had the ability to win us games despite not having the level of talent around him to justify some of the things he did.  Hard to describe it, but he just found a way to make plays and was an incredible athlete.  You could tell he was playing at another level than the rest of the guys on the team.  The only other player I remember looking that far ahead of his teammates was Anthony Henry.  From the start you could tell this kid just looked like he didn't belong on our team during his years.  You were thinking, "How in the heck did we get this guy"? as he made play after play and it didn't matter who he was matched up on.

Good list above, can't really find any faults in it.  I really think @ WR you could almost slide anyone in those slots as we just haven't used our WRs properly over the years to really see who was really special other than rubin.  I really think Amarri Jackson could've been special had we used him correctly.  It's pretty sad when you see more reverses in a game when you're 6'5" than jump balls especially as many times as we usually were inside the twenty...

Thanks Ruger

• Content Count:  4,642

not sure there's a whole lot of tweaking left to that list there.  it would be interesting to save this thread and see if it changes within a few years.

Archived