• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How will the Dolphins treat the Canes, (Field Painting)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

After the NFL dates came out I decided to compare UM and the Miami Dolphins schedule. I am very interested to see what is done with the field for the Canes games that are a day before the Fins host a home game. Id be willing to be my left you know what, that the Canes are not playing on a field that says Miami Dolphins.

Sao if I am right, my question would be then why wont the Bucs treat us as well as the Dolphins treat the Canes? I dont see a difference? Do you?

October 4th the Hurricanes play FSU

October 5th- 1pm the Fins play the Chargers

(I am glad the Pitt game is on Thursday what a weekend of games I will be at Pii, UM-FSU, and Fins Chargers)

October 25 UM vs Wake Forrest

October 26- Buffalo @ Miami 1pm

November 13th- UM vs VT

November 16- Miami vs Oakland

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the difference:

Name

Colors

If we were the University of Tampa Bay with Green and Pewter this would be moot.  If the Bucs were the South Florida Buccaneers with Red and Gold colors.

So, I would expect the Dolphins and Hurricanes could have the same relationship as the Steelers and the Panthers -- paint the name of the city.  The 'Canes and 'Phins are both Orange... and the difference between Teal and Green is not much.

It's hard to convert a Red and Pewter "Buccaneers" to a Green and Gold "Bulls"...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Contract, what is spelled out, we did not think of many of the issues when we entered the contract.

Ownership, The Glasers are butt monkeys when it comes to running TAMPA's stadium.

If they were cool they would have horns they could put on the ship....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Here is the difference:

Name

Colors

If we were the University of Tampa Bay with Green and Pewter this would be moot.  If the Bucs were the South Florida Buccaneers with Red and Gold colors.

So, I would expect the Dolphins and Hurricanes could have the same relationship as the Steelers and the Panthers -- paint the name of the city.  The 'Canes and 'Phins are both Orange... and the difference between Teal and Green is not much.

It's hard to convert a Red and Pewter "Buccaneers" to a Green and Gold "Bulls"...

Miami will have the act logo on the field. at mid field. It could be done either the Glazzers are pricks or USF is to cheap to paint the field and pay to have it taken off after the game. Prob a bit of both.

• Content Count:  2,511

The 'Canes and 'Phins are both Orange... and the difference between Teal and Green is not much.

Huh?  There is a huge difference between the colors of Teal and Green.  If you cannot tell the difference you should consider visiting an optometrist or switching eye doctors if you do see an optometrist.

Years ago after the Dolphins vacated the Orange Bowl for Joe Robbie Stadium, the City of Miami fixed up the Orange Bowl and one of the improvements was replacing many of the flat benches with form fitting seats - no seat backs though.  The city of Miami selected two colors - Orange and Teal.

Needless to say, the University of Miami was not amused, and neither were the UM supporters.  The city of Miami responded by saying that Orange and Teal were "traditional Miami" colors.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think when they shared the Orange Bowl they painted the canes stuff. Least in the Flutie video.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Here is the difference:

Name

Colors

Miami will have the act logo on the field. at mid field. It could be done either the Glazzers are pricks or USF is to cheap to paint the field and pay to have it taken off after the game. Prob a bit of both.

What's the act logo?

The 'Canes and 'Phins are both Orange... and the difference between Teal and Green is not much.

Huh?  There is a huge difference between the colors of Teal and Green.  If you cannot tell the difference you should consider visiting an optometrist or switching eye doctors if you do see an optometrist.

Years ago after the Dolphins vacated the Orange Bowl for Joe Robbie Stadium, the City of Miami fixed up the Orange Bowl and one of the improvements was replacing many of the flat benches with form fitting seats - no seat backs though.  The city of Miami selected two colors - Orange and Teal.

Needless to say, the University of Miami was not amused, and neither were the UM supporters.  The city of Miami responded by saying that Orange and Teal were "traditional Miami" colors.

The difference between green and teal is far far far less than the difference between goldand red... especially painted on green grass...

MIAMI  vs  MIAMI

or

BULLS  vs  BUCCANEERS

That is what I meant.

• Content Count:  2,661

Please note that unlike every other major sports stadium, Dolphins Stadium was privately built and is privately owned. So the matter will be up to current stadium owners Wayne Huizenga and Stephen Ross.

Given the current state of the Marlins and Dolphins franchises, I suspect they will be accomodating to their new tenants.

Archived