• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Roster Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

McCaskill will be in the mix for backup center this fall. Because the team essentially has three starting guards in Schmidt, Hermann and Huners, the most likely solution if Griffin were to be sidelined would be for one of the guards to slide over. Sims can also play center. Herzhauser has put on some weight this spring and Leavitt was pleased with his progress; he hurt his foot right before the spring game.

As far as right tackle, you can go ahead and pencil true freshman Mark Popek in as the backup to Sims. Damien Edwards will also get a shot there, but Popek will have a good chance to play right away this fall.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,874

This is interesting to see because players like

Bedford. Selvie clone. Will he earn the job opposite Selvie. If not I hope he gets significant playing time.

George Baker. I would like to see him get on the field immediately to be sort of like Jenks.

Quavon Taylor needs some playing time. If not redshirt him I guess.

Craig Marshall will be an impact.

and BJ will they redshirt him even though Cjl has talked about him getting on the field. I really hope he redshirts because gregory has shown he can back up grothe for this year and then Voss and Daniels battle for number 2.

I just want to see how Cjl decides to get these guys some experience. I like our roster. If we are young at these positions and have some success look out!

A lot of freshmen we don't want to get any playing experience this year, as we want them to redshirt.  I've got Quavon Taylor and BJ Daniels penciled in as 2 players very likely to redshirt.  Both of these guys will benefit tremendously from spending the season learning the playbook, bulking up to college size, and conditioning for a year.  In the case of BJ, there is not a pressing need for him to play this year.  With Quavon, he really needs the extra year to get up to a bigger playing size.  He was recruited at 190 pounds, and he's going to need to get up to about 220 to be effective.

One good thing... if BJ Daniels redshirts, he will probably head up the scout team (as Grothe did during his redshirt season)... BJ will play the part of Pat White when USF gets two weeks to prepare for the 'Eers.

To be sure, I am excited about the team this year.  My only real concern is the ability of the OL to gel together.

Our defense will probably be even better than last year, because I think or DL will be better... and so will our LB corps.

Can we just cancel the months of May, June, and July ??

Can we just cancel the months of May, June, and July ??

Amen, brother.  Well, for most of those months anyways.  I'm going to Alaska from June 27 through July 9, and I don't want that to disappear!

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone got some inside on Baker as far as reality of getting on the field. Im guessing even though these guys had a good spring it is still wide open. I got a feeling about this guy.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Anyone got some inside on Baker as far as reality of getting on the field. Im guessing even though these guys had a good spring it is still wide open. I got a feeling about this guy.

Because of his great speed, I think he has a decent shot at doing some returns, but I don't see him playing as a DB this year. A coach told me at the spring game that he recently ran a 10.5 100 meters.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'll tell you what is weird about that roster, there are two number 12s on that roster and neither player is named Anthony Severino.  After seeing his name on the roster for the past 5 years, its weird not having him there.

Because of his great speed, I think he has a decent shot at doing some returns, but I don't see him playing as a DB this year. A coach told me at the spring game that he recently ran a 10.5 100 meters.

I'm not so sure that he won't be out there this year, he's one member of the incoming class that I've got pegged as having the potential to be in the two deep this fall.  The big concern is going to be his weight, if his recruiting weight of 170 is correct.  Other than Baker, the only freshmen I see potentially seeing the two deep this year are any of the kickers.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm not so sure that he won't be out there this year, he's one member of the incoming class that I've got pegged as having the potential to be in the two deep this fall.  The big concern is going to be his weight, if his recruiting weight of 170 is correct.  Other than Baker, the only freshmen I see potentially seeing the two deep this year are any of the kickers.

His low weight is a big problem to overcome playing DB as a freshman. That was also a problem Washington had last year when he came, but of course we had more experienced guys than we do now. Washington also ran a 10.5 in HS and has been here a year. Butler is almost as fast. I think a couple of other guys might end up playing some at DB this year before Baker such as, Theo Wilson, Jerrell Young or even Charlton Sinclair.

• Content Count:  1,913

Not sure that Sinclair will be ready to play at defensive back this fall.

Archived