• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How about time for some Ca$h games?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

I know it goes against the philosophy of signing a home-and-home deal with prominent football programs.

However, the publicity and the national exposure of playing teams like OU or FSU in a one-shot deal seems worth it to me nowadays.

I think we are beyond being someone's "home celebration," so why not sign a few more hig profile games for the future?

Look at what playing Auburn did for us.

I'd like to see USF vs. Ohio State, USF vs. LSU, or maybe USF vs. FSU.

Q: Can we still get money to play these games? I recall something like $500,000 for coming into someone's stadium, which would cover our expenses.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Considering Wyoming is getting 950000 in 2012 to go to Texas, I'm sure something could be arraigned.

Idon't object to these games, we signed one with ND.

But it shouldn't be annual. I know its the only was for now that we'll see some of these big schools on the field in the regular season.

• Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

These schools like to pay for a win.

I don't know how many big timers are going to shell out $500,000 - $1,000,000 for someone to come into their house, pull off an offset and knock them out of contention for the big game.

• Content Count:  412

Agreed. Had Auburn known the type of year we were going to have last year, I'd bet they wouldn't have put us on the schedule.

We're not going to sneak up on anyone anymore, so now we've got to make the jump (in the minds of opposing teams) to being scheduled because it will be a high-profile game, not an easy win (which is what Auburn thought when they scheduled us, I'm sure).

• Content Count:  5,241

You guys remember the whole Notre Dame thing in a couple years, right? Big Cash game

Guest Mr. AKA

No one is going to give us 500K or more to come play and possibly win. The big payouts lure bad teams, to far away opponents. I feel we are in a spot where other BCS conf. schools will want to play us in non-conf. for a strength of schedule standpoint. NCST this year, Michigan St. and Indiana in the future.

I'd like to see us play 3 non-conference BCS schools a year, since we only have 7 conference games.

Archived