• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Crean to Indiana

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Marquette is looking at Brian Gregory from Dayton, Lon Kruger from UNLV, Sean Miller of Xavier, and Anthony Grant of VCU.

IMHO I'd put my money on Miller - same level of success that Crean had, and at a similar school.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

knee-jerk comment:

usf needs to sign heath to an extension asap /smazza

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Trip, quality of life is fine, but does that explain why Seth left for Va Tech? or Kruger from UF top Illinois? or Pat Kennedy to Depaul?

It does play a role, but unlike football, the state of Florida does not cater to basketball coaches like northern cities do.

I think money will be the biggest factor and quality of life a small factor, if Heath is ever pursued by another school.

• Content Count:  19,229

Should we be worried every season that Stan will leave us?  Marquette has a good history and is a good program and they just lost their coach.  With Stan coaching in Michigan and Ohio wouldn't Marquette be a good spot for him?

He got fired from his last job and hasn't done anything here YET to warrant someone comng after him .... besides, why would he want to go up there? Same great conference but with Siberia type weather. He hasn't been here long enough to see if he's going to be able to get the ship righted or not...

But on that same note... he was fired from his last job without doing anything to warrant the firing... other than not being Nolan Richardson.

Would we have fired him if he got us to the NCAA's 2 years in a row?  no... would Marquette, no.  Arkansas somehow felt this was a failure, and to our benefit.

• Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Trip, quality of life is fine, but does that explain why Seth left for Va Tech? or Kruger from UF top Illinois? or Pat Kennedy to Depaul?

It does play a role, but unlike football, the state of Florida does not cater to basketball coaches like northern cities do.

I think money will be the biggest factor and quality of life a small factor, if Heath is ever pursued by another school.

Jeebus, Joe, I didn't say it was the ONLY factor in a move but said it can possibly be A factor ..... and you don'think quality of life could have been a factor in Kennedy moving from Tallahassee to Chicago??

• Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Should we be worried every season that Stan will leave us?  Marquette has a good history and is a good program and they just lost their coach.  With Stan coaching in Michigan and Ohio wouldn't Marquette be a good spot for him?

He got fired from his last job and hasn't done anything here YET to warrant someone comng after him .... besides, why would he want to go up there? Same great conference but with Siberia type weather. He hasn't been here long enough to see if he's going to be able to get the ship righted or not...

But on that same note... he was fired from his last job without doing anything to warrant the firing... other than not being Nolan Richardson.

Would we have fired him if he got us to the NCAA's 2 years in a row?  no... would Marquette, no.  Arkansas somehow felt this was a failure, and to our benefit.

Actually, I was just trying to convince myself that no one will come after him ...... I am not ready to go through another coaching hunt like last time.  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038

CRIMSON & CREAN!

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

CRIMSON & CREAN!

I definitely also made that joke when I heard the news, and we likely weren't the first nor will we be the last.

Guest Mr. AKA

Why would he take a program that might get hit with sanctions??

If they dont get punished to harshly he'll be fine, but the cupboard is bare.

White graduated, Gordon is going pro, and Ellis and Bassett were dismissed from the team.

Great hire for IU, but maybe not for Crean

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Good pickup for Indiana, they need someone like him after the Samspon debacle.

if  he doesnt win a championship he will be gone in 4 years

terrible job

Archived