• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kiper's New Mock Draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I dn't think the Belichick workout was private, I just think he stopped by while in state for other reasons.

That said, Jenkins woul be great on the Pats.

Huh?  I mean seriously Huh?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cromartie is a stud.  I saw him up close here in Mobile at the Senior Bowl for a week and he's incredible.  However, if Jenkins had been here, I think he would've shown him up.  Jenkins really hurt his stock by not coming here to Mobile as his agent unwisely was soo cocky that he was the #1 CB.  He may have been at the end of the season, but the agent should've known better that ALOT changes in the time from their last play to the draft. 

Jenkins should go first, but that mistake will more than likely have him falling down to 20 like Kiper is predicting and he or Trae would be a stud in our system as they both are better coming out than any corner we've had in the past who have done really well in the system.

that is pure assumption on your part

Also-- had Jenkins played in that game and got hurt, how do you think his draft stock would like right now. He kicked ass at the combine and for 4 years at USF--- he has built his resume and is a known product. Playing in that game might have up his resume a tick-- it could have also screwed it up somehow as well. And who the hell wants to go to Mobile anyway

The chance of him getting hurt was very unlikely, yet the chance of it hurting his draft stock was very real.  If you look back at the last 5 drafts or so, sitting out the senior bowl has cost guys BIG TIME in almost every case.  Have you ever been to Senior Bowl week?  It's HUGE to these scouts and coaches as they can put guys side by side in drills against live competition to compare them and get tons of reps to make sure you don't miss something. 

You say I'm speculating, you're further off here than I am considering you've never even been to the event in question.  Funny how hundreds of the top evaluators in the NFL find it pretty **** important.  And your dish on Mobile was ignorant.  I've lived all over the Tampa Bay area and now in Mobile, and there's more to do here in Mobile than in Tampa and I don't have to deal with the **** traffic or ***** customer service and I get a hell of a lot more home for my money without sacrificing income.  And hey, I kinda like the cost of my home skyrocketing while yours is plummeting as Mobile is one of the few places in the country that has THRIVED during this whole shitstorm of an economy the last few years.

Geez, and I used to think folks from the south were the ignorant ones when I lived in central florida...

Double HUH?  This thread is absolutely mindnumbing.

First, you might like Mobile, and I've been there quite a bit so I have a good idea, but for anyone to say Mobile has 'more to do' then Tampa was either blind or incarcerated during their time in Tampa.  Yeah, Ruger....This week we have a major Indy Car stop in downtown St. Petersburg, and the Women's Final Four in Tampa.  Mobile's cute, if you like a city that sits on a dirty port, and is near the water, but it doesn't even have a fraction of the things to do or see that Tampa has...

But hey the traffic is easier.

Also, the senior bowl did crap for Jenkins.  He's ranked exactly where he was roughly before the game...between 7-20 in draft status depending who you talk to and on what day it is.  He wasn't going any higher so to suggest he hurt his stock is asinine speculation and no one has a **** CLUE.  AND FURHTERMORE, not once has an expert even uttered a statement to say that Jenkins absence cost him spots.  Others may have helped there stocks but those were guys like McKelvin, and Cromartie who NFL experts had no idea about.  Jenkins had miles of footage and was a guy scouts were watching all senior year.  He wasn't a secret to anyone! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Cromartie is a stud.  I saw him up close here in Mobile at the Senior Bowl for a week and he's incredible.  However, if Jenkins had been here, I think he would've shown him up.  Jenkins really hurt his stock by not coming here to Mobile as his agent unwisely was soo cocky that he was the #1 CB.  He may have been at the end of the season, but the agent should've known better that ALOT changes in the time from their last play to the draft. 

Jenkins should go first, but that mistake will more than likely have him falling down to 20 like Kiper is predicting and he or Trae would be a stud in our system as they both are better coming out than any corner we've had in the past who have done really well in the system.

that is pure assumption on your part

Also-- had Jenkins played in that game and got hurt, how do you think his draft stock would like right now. He kicked ass at the combine and for 4 years at USF--- he has built his resume and is a known product. Playing in that game might have up his resume a tick-- it could have also screwed it up somehow as well. And who the hell wants to go to Mobile anyway

The chance of him getting hurt was very unlikely, yet the chance of it hurting his draft stock was very real.  If you look back at the last 5 drafts or so, sitting out the senior bowl has cost guys BIG TIME in almost every case.  Have you ever been to Senior Bowl week?  It's HUGE to these scouts and coaches as they can put guys side by side in drills against live competition to compare them and get tons of reps to make sure you don't miss something. 

You say I'm speculating, you're further off here than I am considering you've never even been to the event in question.  Funny how hundreds of the top evaluators in the NFL find it pretty **** important.  And your dish on Mobile was ignorant.  I've lived all over the Tampa Bay area and now in Mobile, and there's more to do here in Mobile than in Tampa and I don't have to deal with the **** traffic or ***** customer service and I get a hell of a lot more home for my money without sacrificing income.  And hey, I kinda like the cost of my home skyrocketing while yours is plummeting as Mobile is one of the few places in the country that has THRIVED during this whole shitstorm of an economy the last few years.

Geez, and I used to think folks from the south were the ignorant ones when I lived in central florida...

Double HUH?  This thread is absolutely mindnumbing.

First, you might like Mobile, and I've been there quite a bit so I have a good idea, but for anyone to say Mobile has 'more to do' then Tampa was either blind or incarcerated during their time in Tampa.  Yeah, Ruger....This week we have a major Indy Car stop in downtown St. Petersburg, and the Women's Final Four in Tampa.  Mobile's cute, if you like a city that sits on a dirty port, and is near the water, but it doesn't even have a fraction of the things to do or see that Tampa has...

But hey the traffic is easier.

Also, the senior bowl did crap for Jenkins.  He's ranked exactly where he was roughly before the game...between 7-20 in draft status depending who you talk to and on what day it is.  He wasn't going any higher so to suggest he hurt his stock is asinine speculation and no one has a **** CLUE.  AND FURHTERMORE, not once has an expert even uttered a statement to say that Jenkins absence cost him spots.  Others may have helped there stocks but those were guys like McKelvin, and Cromartie who NFL experts had no idea about.  Jenkins had miles of footage and was a guy scouts were watching all senior year.  He wasn't a secret to anyone! 

Tampa is a great town, If you have kids though you may want to keep them out of public schools. The teacher here like to get cozy with the kids......

also a great town if you want to be car jacked

Deputies: Barefoot carjacker arrested on entrance ramp

BRANDON -- A barefoot carjacking suspect was arrested while walking on an exit ramp this morning, about 15 minutes after striking his victim with a wooden fence picket in her driveway, Hillsborough sheriff's deputies said.

Deputies said Jeffrey Doorvale was carrying the wooden slat just before 5 a.m. when he approached Sharon Mullins, who was in a silver 2000 Pontiac Grand Am parked in her driveway on the 100 block of Mahogany Drive.

Doorvale, 19, ordered Mullins, 55, out of her car then beat her with the piece of wood, and when Mullins fought back, deputies said Doorvale jumped in the driver's seat and slid the car into reverse. The open driver's side door knocked Mullins to the ground.

Hillsborough sheriff's spokesman J.D. Callaway said Mullins was dragged briefly and that a tire may have rolled over her foot as Doorvale left the driveway. She was taken to Brandon Regional Hospital.

About 15 minutes later, deputies and Florida Highway Patrol troopers responded to an entrance ramp on U.S. 301 near Interstate 75, Callaway said. They found a Grand Am crashed into the tree line. They also found Doorvale, walking barefoot on the ramp.

"We believe he was inebriated or under the influence of drugs," Callaway said. "He claimed he was kidnapped into the vehicle and that's why he ended up there."

Along with the carjacking and aggravated battery with a vehicle charges, Doorvale was charged with violating probation stemming from previous felony cocaine possession and delivery charges.

-- Casey Cora, Times staff writer

Booking photo courtesy Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office

April 04, 2008 in Hillsborough | Permalink

or shot

April 04, 2008

Woman survives home invasion, shooting

ST. PETERSBURG -- Laurie Bradford was at home with her four children when she heard three loud bangs in the living room about 45 minutes past midnight this morning.

When she walked into the living room of her house in the 1700 block of Sixth Street S, she saw three men standing inside her doorway, looking around. Two of the men wore ski masks, and a third had his face covered with a bandanna, police said.

The man with the bandanna saw Bradford, 26. He raised a silver handgun, and ordered her to get on the floor. Bradford obeyed.

The man’s voice sounded familiar to Bradford, so she looked up at him. His bandanna was slipping off his face. Then, it fell away. She knew the man, police said.

His identity revealed, the man fired at Bradford. The bullet hit a dresser. He fired again, missing her again.

Bradford ran into her bathroom and crawled through a window. She ran into a neighbor’s house, and the neighbor called police.

The three men got away, taking necklaces, a key ring with the house key and car key, a cell phone and a flat-screen television, police said.

No one was injured in the attack, police said.

Police ask anyone with information to call (727) 893-7780.

-- Abhi Raghunathan, Times staff writer

April 04, 2008 in Pinellas | Permalink

or sit in Traffic all day

Lane on Howard Frankland to close next week

ST. PETERSBURG -- A northbound lane on the Howard Frankland Bridge will be closed between 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Wednesday through Friday of next week as the Department of Transportation inspects the bridge.

Other closures:

Sunshine Skyway: The DOT also says it will continue closing a southbound lane on the bridge's main span between 7:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. until further notice.

Interstate 275 from 26th Avenue South to 5th Avenue South: One to two lanes may be closed in both directions during day and night next week. Ramps may also be closed.

Lanes will not be closed around Tampa Bay Rays' games.

Stephanie Garry, Times staff writer

OR MURDERED

TAMPA  Prosecutors said Willie Tarpley Jr. fatally stabbed his estranged wife's new boyfriend with a samurai sword because he was enraged that his family had fallen apart.

Tarpley's attorneys said he only wanted to protect his young daughters from the boyfriend, a registered sex offender, and never meant to kill him.

On Wed­nesday, jurors found Tarpley guilty of second-degree murder.

They acquitted him of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a charge that arose after Tarpley's wife said he put the 42-inch blade to her throat.

Tarpley, 47, will be sentenced April 23.

Last April, Tarpley and his wife, Jacqueline, signed an agreement to end their marriage after 22 years without protracted divorce proceedings. They agreed to "settle once and for all for what we owe each other and what we can expect to receive from each other," court records show.

All that changed May 12.

Willie Tarpley learned his wife was dating Lee Alexander, a 25-year-old ranch hand from Polk County who had been convicted as a teenager of a lewd and lascivious act on a person younger than 16. He had served three months' probation for the crime.

The older man went to his former family home in Brandon to confront his wife. He didn't want Alexander around his daughters, then ages 3 and 15 months, Assistant State Attorney Samantha Ward said.

The Tarpleys, too, are registered sex offenders. They both served prison time for the October 1987 kidnapping and sexual torture of a 21-year-old woman.

This time, Willie Tarpley, a martial arts and weaponry expert, threatened Alexander with the sword, prosecutors said.

The younger man agreed to leave the house but backed into Tarpley's Corvette on the way out.

"That's the final straw," prosecutor Jennifer Gabbard said.

Tarpley stabbed Alexander three times through the open car window, Gabbard said. The younger man walked to the street, collapsed and bled to death.

Jacqueline Tarpley, 44, is now seeking to set aside the divorce settlement, court records show.

She prayed with supporters before the verdict Wednesday, then cried afterward.

Colleen Jenkins can be reached at cjenkins@sptimes.com or (813) 226-3337.

[Last modified Wednesday, April 2, 2008 11:50 PM]

• Content Count:  356

Just when I thought this couldn't get any more ridiculous...I nominate this thread for the "hall of fame"...how it can go from a player's potential draft position to small college/big college attention to customer service/traffic in a respective town to the potential upside/downside to Senior Bowl participation to crime reports is actually quite amusing...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Just when I thought this couldn't get any more ridiculous...I nominate this thread for the "hall of fame"...how it can go from a player's potential draft position to small college/big college attention to customer service/traffic in a respective town to the potential upside/downside to Senior Bowl participation to crime reports is actually quite amusing...

I second that motion.

• Content Count:  2,523

Exactly 83.

Who the hell watches the women's final 4?  And Indy racing?  Hell, we're building a NASCAR track here in Mobile right now.  Plus, I don't have to drive a **** hour before I get in my boat to go SCUBA diving and I can be catching blue marlin in a fraction of the time you can down there.  Plus, how long does it take to get to trophy hunting areas?  Oh yeah, there aren't any in the WHOLE FRIGGIN STATE.  I can bag a 140+ buck in my camp less than an hour from my front door.  An hours drive in Tampa is going from USF to the airport on 275 most days.

Dude, I grew up in Bradenton, LOVED it and loved my time in Tampa, but seriously, no comparison when it comes to being "grown up", raising a family etc.

Now back to the draft.  If Cromartie or the kid from Troy JUMP Jenkins (who was IN FRONT OF THEM PRE-SENIOR BOWL), you ask Mr. Jenkins how big a difference there is in getting picked in the top ten vs. 20 and if he cares...Now that's crazy especially when you consider the difference in guaranteed money.

If Jenkins would've been side by side those guys, it wouldn't even be an issue he would be picked in front of them.  The reality of how much this could've cost him is a greater than the chance of him getting hurt.

Its the same reason Dorsey has been taking heat from Ellis.

Exactly 83.

Who the hell watches the women's final 4?  And Indy racing?  Hell, we're building a NASCAR track here in Mobile right now.  Plus, I don't have to drive a **** hour before I get in my boat to go SCUBA diving and I can be catching blue marlin in a fraction of the time you can down there.  Plus, how long does it take to get to trophy hunting areas?  Oh yeah, there aren't any in the WHOLE FRIGGIN STATE.  I can bag a 140+ buck in my camp less than an hour from my front door.  An hours drive in Tampa is going from USF to the airport on 275 most days.

Dude, I grew up in Bradenton, LOVED it and loved my time in Tampa, but seriously, no comparison when it comes to being "grown up", raising a family etc.

Now back to the draft.  If Cromartie or the kid from Troy JUMP Jenkins (who was IN FRONT OF THEM PRE-SENIOR BOWL), you ask Mr. Jenkins how big a difference there is in getting picked in the top ten vs. 20 and if he cares...Now that's crazy especially when you consider the difference in guaranteed money.

If Jenkins would've been side by side those guys, it wouldn't even be an issue he would be picked in front of them.  The reality of how much this could've cost him is a greater than the chance of him getting hurt.

Its the same reason Dorsey has been taking heat from Ellis.

Oh now your just being plain silly about the comparison.  You can drive an hour and do...  Man if you want to use the I can drive an hour comparison then in tampa I can go to Disney, Long Boat Key, Sea World, Ringling Museum, Caladesi Island, Sponge Docks...dude tell me when to stop naming a world class attraction.  I will give you better deep water fishing in the panhandle, but the flats fishing in Tampa Bay Area is exceptional, and to me more consistently fun then going off a deep water drifts and hitting stupid Dolphin, or Grouper.  I mean come on man, so you don't like women's final four, neither do I, but I loved the Tourney games last weekend, USF Sports (but let me guess USA is so much more fun to watch), how about the NFL, NHL, and MLB...or Minor League Baseball if your a buff of that...I mean any adult that can't have fun in Tampa is not trying- Gasparilla (I know Mobile has a fun Mardi Gras version too), Guavaween..., and even more so if they have kids with an Aquarium, Zoo, Busch Gardens, MOSI, Childrens Museum coming....wow, this isn't even a close match.  Again, I think Mobile is a cute city if you can ignore all the dirt port that surrounds it, and the bulk storage all around the city to the east near the port, and it has lots to do for a medium to smaller city, but it doesn't have Tampa by a long shot.  You're just mad at another poster and tried to tear him down, but Tampa has quite a bit more.

As for your point about jenkins and the combine it doesn't make a lot of sense.  Jenkins was side by side with those guys at the combine.  They ran drills, they did forty, they benched.  They did everything so the scouts got to compare him to those other four so again, so he didn't need to go to the senior bowl to compare.  All the senior bowl would have done was further damange an injury that he had...

• Content Count:  3,078

and let's not forget this important point....

no matter how much you try to talk up Mobile, at the end of the day you are still in Alabama

• Content Count:  349

LG,

Good players can come from small schools.

Signed,

Phil Simms, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton.

Seriously, of course I guy like Cromartie of Tennessee St. is going to rise now, it's not like the NFL scouts were following Tennessee State around or were watching their tapes week in and out.

He actually is a very good player and they aren't just basing that on what he did in Indy.

As for Jenkins to the Bucs, it would be a bad situation in the cover 2 for him. I just don't think it's the best spot for him.

I agree Jenkins in Tampa = very average CB

The system does not fit his style of play.

I agree... I'd rather see Trae in Tampa. He's more of a Ronde Barber style corner, me thinks.

In the first round, I'd much much rather see the Bucs take Brohm if he's available (though it seems he's fallen out of favor and is no longer in Kiper's first round, despite being a top 10 pick previously) or a WR...

• Content Count:  743

I skipped to the second page in this thread and from what i gathered we're just supposed to say something random and let the next few people rebut?

Archived