• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

A memento from the famous Lou Holtz

SixtySix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

026.jpg

When Senator Holtz graced us with his presence at the Sun Dome Corral, I was fortunate to get an autograph on the famous bumble bee quote so I wanted to share the score with my fellow Bulls fans.

• Content Count:  478

omg that is priceless! i really heart that man. he has overcome so many hardships in his life. he has a good heart and I think that counts for something.

• Content Count:  771

http://usf.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2195350&l=d7bbe&id=5033616

If you have facebook, tag yourself for your own copy so to speak.

• Content Count:  478

it wont let me :( too many people. but i would love a color copy for my office!! can that be arranged?

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Quick story about Holtz.  When my Father was diagnosed with Cancer in 1990 it was a tough time for our family as anyone can expect.  Out of the blue, a letter came with a signed football of the 1988 National Champion Notre Dame Football team and a letter from Coach Lou Holtz.  Let me first say that our family followed the Irish religously back then.  My brother graduated from ND in '84.  Long before there was a USF football team.  We're Irish Catholic from Philadelphia.  Needless to say, we worshiped ND and what it stands for, now and even to this day.  Anyways, we got a letter from Holtz explaining about life's battles and how you have to fight and it was huge for our family.  This was long before the internet, and I didn't even think it was possible to talk with these larger than life characters.  It was always something that was appreciated in our family.  My father passed away months later, but no one ever knew who got the football or who contacted Holtz during that tough time.  It made my Father's day just having this ball during the last days and months of his life.  I don't know if Holtz even wrote the letter (probaby not), but it was the thought that made it even better for our family.  People make fun of me when I speak of Notre Dame and Lou Holtz.  It doesn't matter to me, they haven't seen what I've seen and it can't match what the University or Coach Holtz has done already.   

Archived