• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WV fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Rome is reporting they are threatening him and his family.

Rome: "Soccer fans think you're out of hand." haha

WV fans: we know, we know... theses are only a small % of your fans. blah blah blah

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

i'd respond, but could you decypher that for me first?  who is Rome? 

• Content Count:  5,241

Some of their fans threw rocks at the Pitt bus after the choke job they pulled.

Not surprising at all!

Not surprising at all!

uhm - you might want to check your facts before making incorrect statements.  the purported incident, if indeed it did happen - occurred on the way to the stadium before the game - and the pitt players stated "a rock" was thrown at the bus. 

one rock from one idiot - not a mob letting loose on them.  no police report filed, no proof of a damaged bus.  i dont condone this and if it indeed happened i sure wish the moron could have been caught and prosecuted.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I for one think that **** Rod is trying to keep himself relavent and in the news by going on Rome's show, after WVU did without him what they probably couldn't have done with him.  His ego is probably bruised and I'd bet he's making all sorts of distress claims in the hopes that the $4M he owes gets reduced.  I personally hope Tressel rolls him up for the next five years and by large margins.  I'm with you SoFlaEer, much ado about nothing. 

• Content Count:  5,241

Not surprising at all!

uhm - you might want to check your facts before making incorrect statements.  the purported incident, if indeed it did happen - occurred on the way to the stadium before the game - and the pitt players stated "a rock" was thrown at the bus. 

one rock from one idiot - not a mob letting loose on them.  no police report filed, no proof of a damaged bus.  i dont condone this and if it indeed happened i sure wish the moron could have been caught and prosecuted.

Im just going off what I read on espn, which couldve been wrong, but they are known for having a bad rep.

Not surprising at all!

Im just going off what I read on espn, which couldve been wrong, but they are known for having a bad rep.

yeah - i wouldnt use espn as a reliable source - simply repeating what someone tells them without verifying any facts is not newsworthy journalism.  sorry if i came off as a d*ck - it just gets so tiring to keep hearing these exaggerated and inaccurate stories getting repeated and enhanced over time.  i get a little over sensitive since it is my alma mater.

just for an example - have any of you ever heard about the infamous "wvu fans throwing empty whiskey bottles at opposing team"?  anyone who hears that today is envisioning an empty glass bottle.  the fact of the matter is (and yes it was wrong and strupid to throw anything at an opposing team) it was a plastic airline-size bottle that got tossed at them.  i specifically remember the incident in question - and FWIW, the majority of these horror stories about mountaineer field are basically urban legends that develop out of things like this.

economics_nerd - to get back to your original comment - i didnt see the rome show or read anthing about it, but if it was specifically addressing the recent horror stories of how RRods family is getting death threats, his home vandalized , etc. i have a couple comments.

first, the incidents that are the basis for the story all happened immediately around the time RRod announced his departure, yet espn etc is just running the story now and making it sound like it is happening right now and is continuing to happen.  the whole situation calmed down relatively quickly. 

second - regarding the death threats and vandalism of RRods house

the media is reporting that RRods home was vandalized - a couple of signs were hung on a fence and a mailbox of unknown origin was thrown in their yard - RRods house was not vandalized, if anything, whoever the poor schmuck was that had his mailbox stolen is the one with a vandalism gripe.  Yet everyone only sees the headline "RRod's home vandalized" - does that not make you envision broken windows, attempted arson, slurs painted on the house itself, etc?

- re. the family's "death threats" the only source thus far for the story is RRod's mom  - this occurred between HS kids and amounted to notes hung on RRods nephew's locker.  just how is WVU or its fanbase responsible for the goings on in a high school located 20 miles away from motown?  it's HS kids being HS kids.

and  if it was indeed a "death threat" then why has there been no police complaint filed by the kid's family?  instead it just gets told to the media and they eat it up and repeat it without getting any basis in fact to either confirm or refute the claims.  you hear death threats against his family and you immediately envision his wife and children being threatened, yet

Rita Rodriguez (RRods wife) is still seen running around motown, attending her childrens school functions, shopping, etc.  She is staying in Motown until the school year ends for the kids.  If they were actually receiving death threats and were truly in fear for their safety, would they not remove themselves from this dangerous situation immediately rather than remain for another 6 months?  or at the very least, be cowering in their home afraid to go out in public, filing police reports and/or asking for protection of some sort?  none of this has happened, which causes me to believe there is little to not basis in truth to the allegations.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Rome is reporting they are threatening him and his family.

Rome: "Soccer fans think you're out of hand." haha

WV fans: we know, we know... theses are only a small % of your fans. blah blah blah

it is hard to believe anyone would seriously threatening rrod and his family

Archived