• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU does the right thing...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

Skip Bayless Greg Anthony are making some great points about WVU's choice on ESPN's First Take right now.

They hate the choice.

I have to agree.

Good for us, bad for WVU and the Big East.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I think this will prove to be a bad hire.

He wasn't even a serious candidate until last night.  They got swept up in the emotion and made a decision that will benefit USF greatly.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

They got swept up in the emotion and made a decision that will benefit USF greatly.

This is 100% the truth.  The new hire will more than likely come back to bite them in the butt.

• Content Count:  2,363

I, for one, will be pulling for the Eers and Stew against all comers (except us, of course) until given reason to do otherwise. Stew just seemed so gosh darn happy to be there, and I think WVU should get karma on their side by doing right by him.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

After being left by a wonderful woman, the jilted man had a one night stand with a woman that made the night perfect in every way.  The next day, swept up in emotions, the man proposed marriage.  They parties divorced within three years.

Replace:

woman with coach; and

man with University of West Virginia.

• Content Count:  701

i thought i saw a stat that he's been there since 2000

it's not like they threw the keys to a the ball boy after a year

• Content Count:  1,370

Good call. This does smell of Larry Coker. I read somewhere that Stew's already lightened up on some of the practices and conditioning. This is the same thing that happened with Miami. The players always prefer easy going successors over their hardcore disciplinarian counterparts (i.e., Butch Davis & R-Rod); especially if they're in-house. That being said, I like the guy. I think he's cool, honest and down-to-earth. Whether or not that resonates into success down the road for WVU is yet to be seen.

• Content Count:  10,219

smart!

now he needs to keep some or all of the staff

• Content Count:  260

this wasnt a knee jerk reaction to last night - insider information on our boards have been stating stewart has been getting serious consideration for several weeks now.

jury's still out on this one for me - will have to wait and see.  i really like the guy, but i also immediately thought of a larry coker type situation. 

if that's the case, though, i'll take it.  that means we got a national champiosnhip coming up next year!

Archived