• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WV fans threw rocks Pitt's team bus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=141#s=141&f=2455&t=1576270

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Pitt freshman tailback LeSean McCoy said earlier in the week that he didn't understand the hatred many of his teammates had for West Virginia and didn't appreciate just how deep the rivalry between the two schools was because he had never played against the Mountaineers.

But on the bus ride going to Mountaineer Field, the Panthers were besieged by an hostile mob of West Virginia fans who shouted and chanted at them, and threw rocks at the Pitt buses.

At that point McCoy stood up and gave his teammates a little speech and then went out and proceeded to stomp all over the Bowl Championship Series hopes of those same fans and their favorite team.

sure it wasnt their dinner they they were throwing

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Shows what a pure Trash School is all about!!! A total embarrasssment to the big east. Their actions should prevent them from playing in a bowl. Then all this type of BS would stop. Pure ignorance and trash!!!!

wv is most over hyped program in usa

• Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Shows what a pure Trash School is all about!!! A total embarrasssment to the big east. Their actions should prevent them from playing in a bowl. Then all this type of BS would stop. Pure ignorance and trash!!!!

wv is most over hyped program in usa

I guess we put up with it to make the conference look better?  Ugh.  I wonder how overhyped they will be next year...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Very much overhyped next year - won't Slaton and White be seniors?

• Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Very much overhyped next year - won't Slaton and White be seniors?

I thought they were going to be the #1 and #2 draft pics this year.

:D

• Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

But on the bus ride going to Mountaineer Field, the Panthers were besieged by an hostile mob of West Virginia fans who shouted and chanted at them, and threw rocks at the Pitt buses...

...but fortunately, half the Mountaineers fans dropped the rocks, and the other half overthrew the Pitt bus by 10 yards.

• Content Count:  260

Guys - first I am in no way defending or condoning rock throwing or the behaviour of the idiot who did it.  With that said, the incident in question was one d#ckhead threw a rock at the pitt bus (and this is still allegedly - there was no police report filed that i am yet aware of - i looked for it), it was not plural, i.e., it was not "fans",  it was not an angry mob, it was one POS assmunch.  

If I had seen the guy throw the rock, I woulda punched him in the face and/or reported him to the police (depending obviously on whether i thougt i coulda taken him or not LOL)- there is no place for that, and most mountaineer fans would agree with that (even if it is Pitt).  But dont place Pitt fans in some saintly position either.  I was with my friend and his family a few years back at Heinz Field and pitt students were yelling at our group to go F7ck our moms you F7cking inbreds as well as many other choice insults following us for several minutes after the game - my friend had his young children with us.

The reputation of a hooligan crowd at WVU is grossly exaggerated and has been over the years.  Yes there are some bad apples, as there are at every school, and I have been to games at the swamp, athens, clemson, va tech, pitt, ohio state, usf, penn state, maryland, and many others and the element is present at every school.  

I was told to go f&ck a sheep, my mom, my sister, called an inbred, at more than one area surrounding and inside of RJS before during and after the game, by several different usf students/fans, without instigation on my or my group's part - had a container wizz over my head after the game in the dark walk back to our car (and heard the guy laughing to his friends "I almost hit him),  .  I was truly shocked by the disrespect, rudeness and lack of class demonstrated by many of your fans (this being my first exposure to them), yet I would not be so bold as to label your entire university community as classless.  I simply chalked it up to the idiot minority that unfortunately exists everywhere.  

I have witnessed UF fans pissing from the upper deck down on tennessee fans leaving the game early (UT was being blown out at the time).  The WVU band was attacked at a Penn State game and subsequently stopped going to Happy Valley because of this incident .   This stuff happens everywhere, and whether you beilive it or not, it is not condoned or encouraged at WVU, and many many wvu fans work extremely hard to make visitors feel welcome.

I actually like your program, which is why i pop in occasionally here, and I am surprised at the hatred directed at WVU - I dont understand why - we dont have much of a history with each other, and what little history there is, you've basically have had the upper hand in. I could see hating us if we were beating you every year or something.

I think we have a nice rivalry building here.  I have a friend who attended USF and was quite excited along with her when you first established afootbal program then how far you have come in such a short time.

It's really unfair to make such broad generalities about an opposing fan base.

Good luck to you in the Sun Bowl.

• Content Count:  260

But on the bus ride going to Mountaineer Field, the Panthers were besieged by an hostile mob of West Virginia fans who shouted and chanted at them, and threw rocks at the Pitt buses...

...but fortunately, half the Mountaineers fans dropped the rocks, and the other half overthrew the Pitt bus by 10 yards.

okay - now that is funny!

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Guys - first I am in no way defending or condoning rock throwing or the behaviour of the idiot who did it.  With that said, the incident in question was one d#ckhead threw a rock at the pitt bus (and this is still allegedly - there was no police report filed that i am yet aware of - i looked for it), it was not plural, i.e., it was not "fans",  it was not an angry mob, it was one POS assmunch. 

If I had seen the guy throw the rock, I woulda punched him in the face and/or reported him to the police (depending obviously on whether i thougt i coulda taken him or not LOL)- there is no place for that, and most mountaineer fans would agree with that (even if it is Pitt).  But dont place Pitt fans in some saintly position either.  I was with my friend and his family a few years back at Heinz Field and pitt students were yelling at our group to go F7ck our moms you F7cking inbreds as well as many other choice insults following us for several minutes after the game - my friend had his young children with us.

The reputation of a hooligan crowd at WVU is grossly exaggerated and has been over the years.  Yes there are some bad apples, as there are at every school, and I have been to games at the swamp, athens, clemson, va tech, pitt, ohio state, usf, penn state, maryland, and many others and the element is present at every school. 

I was told to go f&ck a sheep, my mom, my sister, called an inbred, at more than one area surrounding and inside of RJS before during and after the game, by several different usf students/fans, without instigation on my or my group's part - had a container wizz over my head after the game in the dark walk back to our car (and heard the guy laughing to his friends "I almost hit him),  .  I was truly shocked by the disrespect, rudeness and lack of class demonstrated by many of your fans (this being my first exposure to them), yet I would not be so bold as to label your entire university community as classless.  I simply chalked it up to the idiot minority that unfortunately exists everywhere. 

I have witnessed UF fans pissing from the upper deck down on tennessee fans leaving the game early (UT was being blown out at the time).  The WVU band was attacked at a Penn State game and subsequently stopped going to Happy Valley because of this incident .  This stuff happens everywhere, and whether you beilive it or not, it is not condoned or encouraged at WVU, and many many wvu fans work extremely hard to make visitors feel welcome.

I actually like your program, which is why i pop in occasionally here, and I am surprised at the hatred directed at WVU - I dont understand why - we dont have much of a history with each other, and what little history there is, you've basically have had the upper hand in. I could see hating us if we were beating you every year or something.

I think we have a nice rivalry building here.  I have a friend who attended USF and was quite excited along with her when you first established afootbal program then how far you have come in such a short time.

It's really unfair to make such broad generalities about an opposing fan base.

Good luck to you in the Sun Bowl.

I think a lot of the hatred from this board is only in good fun. The bad experience you and other had at RayJay is probably because of a number of things... 1) there were a lot of new USF fans at the stadium 2)it was on a Friday night with alcohol 3) your team arrived wearing NY Yankees hats which only 3) USF's horrible experience with WV fans in 2005. WV fans came down here expecting a nice win, a trip to Disney, and to lay on the beach... as if USF was going to be a cake walk. In short, you were perceived to come down here as if you owned the place.

This is not to mention that EVERY WV fan we have talked to discounted our loss last year as a "fluke" because White didn't play or that it was a "trap" game. Add on to the fact that you took a few of our coaches from last year.

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the good luck. Best of luck to you at the Fiesta Bowl.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

:ROFLMAO

Archived