• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WV fans threw rocks Pitt's team bus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=141#s=141&f=2455&t=1576270

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Pitt freshman tailback LeSean McCoy said earlier in the week that he didn't understand the hatred many of his teammates had for West Virginia and didn't appreciate just how deep the rivalry between the two schools was because he had never played against the Mountaineers.

But on the bus ride going to Mountaineer Field, the Panthers were besieged by an hostile mob of West Virginia fans who shouted and chanted at them, and threw rocks at the Pitt buses.

At that point McCoy stood up and gave his teammates a little speech and then went out and proceeded to stomp all over the Bowl Championship Series hopes of those same fans and their favorite team.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

they got what they deserved.

• Content Count:  2,052

Shows what a pure Trash School is all about!!! A total embarrasssment to the big east. Their actions should prevent them from playing in a bowl. Then all this type of BS would stop. Pure ignorance and trash!!!!

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Shows what a pure Trash School is all about!!! A total embarrasssment to the big east. Their actions should prevent them from playing in a bowl. Then all this type of BS would stop. Pure ignorance and trash!!!!

I hope you're just being sarcastic and not over-reacting. I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually like what WVU brings to the table. Our games against them have the potential to turn into a really, really nasty rivalry. I don't mind their fans' actions because its all par for the course in the game of college football. Fan's passions for their teams is what makes college football so much better than the pros.

• Content Count:  1,066

I hope you're just being sarcastic and not over-reacting. I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually like what WVU brings to the table. Our games against them have the potential to turn into a really, really nasty rivalry. I don't mind their fans' actions because its all par for the course in the game of college football. Fan's passions for their teams is what makes college football so much better than the pros.

I disagree with the "par for course" comment...Their [WVU's fans] actions were unacceptable.  However, should the football team be punished, no.  Should the university get sanctioned absolutely.

• Content Count:  5,241

I dont know what they bring to the table, but what they throw at buses is downright unacceptable.

Put all those hillbillies on west virginia house arrest, dont let em leave the state!

• Content Count:  2,052

No on both accounts P D T ! Their is no place, no excuse, no reason why their fans need to do this kind of thing. The have had the reputation for acting like little children when it comes to opponents. Rocks, car vandalism, riots, are all the norm for these so called "passionate" fans. Are you condoneing we do the same here at USF? I think not. My opinion stays as stands. THEY need a lesson taught to them and a hard one at that. BS like this is NOT accepted, but it is at WVU. You sure don't see the President of the University stopping this stuff, do you.      Reaper

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

There is a difference between fan passion and throwing rocks at the team bus.  

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Good thing they only wore Yankees hats to our game!

Archived