• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

... Made me a fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  211
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all, I am kinda new here but I'd like to relate a little story about myself.

The bulls have made me a fan of college football.  Prior to coming to college, I never really rooted for a team.  My brother is and always will be a gator, and both of my parents like FSU, but I've never really been that into college football.  I really knew very little about it, and never followed any teams.  I used to like the Bucs a lot when Dungy was around and I really disapproved of what Gruden's been doing for some time now  (though I am happy that thebucs are doing well again.  Last season was a disaster).

Well, in my Freshman year in college I went to the homecoming game against Army and left not all that disappointed  (though I'm sure most of you were).  You see I just wasn't  sold on college football yet.  That was my first and last game as a Freshman.  Well, my Sophmore year I went to a few more games and started to catch a bit of a fever.  I missed the UL game (i forget why, I might have been out of town...) and I started skimming through the message boards on Scout.  I remember going to the  WVU game and just being completely pissed at Pat Julmiste for sucking.  I remember accusing Julmiste and White of being bed-buddies, but Julmiste was the bytch in my mind because White could at least throw and run while julmiste pretended to do both  (THANK GOD we had Andre Hall that year).  Anyways, I still wasn't that impressed with college football yet, but I had started to come around.

Well, my Junior year was special.  I had the chance to go to almost all of the home games (was out of town for one) and I went to UCF to watch us win.  I started to get crazy with body paint and screaming my voice into the ground.  I remember watching Grothe against Pitt and I was thinking "wow, he just did that... wow" when he did his scrambling barrel roll.  I love that play.  :) I remember Rutgers and I felt the pain of shattered hope for the first time.  I also remember having my hopes brought back when the onside kick was initially ruled good, and then changed to no good.  I felt something break AGAIN in that game.

Looking back to my short career as a Bulls fan, I think that the Rutgers loss last year is what did it for me.  It sealed me in as a bulls fan for life.  Now this year I can't stop thinking about football.  I warned my girlfriend in early summer that she better be prepared because I knew I would get a little crazy when football time rolled around.  I'm lucky, she enjoys watching the games with me.  :)       

Now I am studying the prospects and the scouts.  I am following the positions of the players and I am learning more and more about how the different positions really effect the game.    I am still stuck in FBS puberty because I still don't know much about anything about other teams.  I recognize names of course, but I really don't care about USC's Booty and hsi broken fingers.  I just want to see my Bulls.

I don't know is that was enlightening for any of you all.  I know everything has to have a starting point, and the Bulls have definitely been the starting point for me and college football.

I mean come on,  I am ready to drop $89 on Scout.com so I can monitor that recruiting situation.  I want to buy $200 season tickets, and I am almost prepared to drive to El Paso to watch the bulls in person just one last time this year (ALMOST prepared).  I would say that the Bulls have sealed to deal with me.  I just may be a College Football fan for life.  :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am about 80% sure it was b/c it was the same week me and my Ex went to the retarded homecoming dance.  (Freshmen are dumb). If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.  But thats just what my memory is telling me.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't recall the Army game being homecoming.... but anyway... carry on

I can understand why you'd have the game blocked from your memory, because it was one of the most embarrassing losses in team history, but Army was our homecoming opponent in 2004. Without a doubt.

Just in case you still don't remember, <a href="http://usfnews.usf.edu/page.cfm?link=article&aid=655">here</a> is a press release from the week of the game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

Glad you are a die-hard BULLS Fan.

Congrats !  :gobulls

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

It was definitely homecoming

• Content Count:  2,307

It was definitely homecoming

Yup, it was.  I was one of the homecoming directors that year and it definitely ruined a great week!!

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Way to make the new guy feel welcomed......

Haha, I been ghosting this site long enough to know that most discussions don't follow thread topic.  Not that this has a topic.  I don't really know what to expect from a thread like this so its cool if people want to talk about the Homecoming game against Army.    If any of ya'll remember what made you a Football fan and would like to respond, that'd be cool I guess.  If not than I really expect this post to get burried in about a week.  :)

• Content Count:  958

I became a bull fan the second I came to USF, however, when we lost it didn't affect me too much because I had not yet developed a passion.  The day we beat Louisville 45-14 and shocked the nation, thats when something in me snapped.  I became obsessed with USF and found this board our of luck on google...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

I/ve always been a football fan-- my earliest memories are of watching the Bears and the Illini

theBulls we're immediately my favorite team since they announced getting one. the benefit of being older I suppose

Archived