• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any chance Michigan takes a shot at CJL?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

You guys make these posts like they are a bad thing.  I really hope Michigan goes after him and then when they end up hiring Les Miles I hope LSU goes after CJL.  CJL has turned down better offers when USF was less prominent.  Think of the benefit to recruiting.

its not a benefit to recruiting unless as soon as the rumors start to come out that leavitt immediately makes a public statement that he is 100% not interested in any other school.

but rumors about HC change are the WORST thing to happen to recruiting

Rumor (believe confirmed by one of our beat writers) has it that Leavitt has an offer letter from Alabama in his office.  I think when players are wondering "who is this guy and who is this University of South Florida.." being able to say "I could be coaching at Michigan, Kansas State, Alabama ... etc" is a huge benefit.  I could be wrong, but if it is true he keeps the letter in his office you got to figure he does it for a reason.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

don't forget that Indiana took a shot at him too-- they are a bowl team now :laugh

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Any chance?  Yes.

Any chance he'll go?  Not so much.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Guest Mr. AKA

No Way, I've lived here for for 3 years, and have attended USF for 2 of those years. I previously lived in Big Ten country, and Michigan will only look at a "Michigan Man". Since Bo retired from coaching his replacements have all come from within the program. Les Miles is the obvious choice, he played and coach at UM.

That being said.....

Why would coach Leavitt leave? He has built this program from scratch. He could become a legend here, why go somewhere else? He could create a legacy that would be similiar to Paterno @ Penn St. or Bowden @ FSU.

The brass at USF needs to do whatever it takes to make sure Coach Leavitt stays.

• Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I heard that Michigan will look at either Les Miles or the coach at Cinci.

• Content Count:  701

Saban might be interested

• Content Count:  108

My gut feeling is Michigan will either promote from within or go after someone with Michigan ties.  I think it's more likely CJL gets an offer from Nebraska.

• Content Count:  21

If you are looking for deep Michigan ties and a guy who has won immediately at all his stops, won conference (MAC) C.Mich and Nat'l (Div II) Grand Valley State titles - how about Brian Kelly??

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I know it'd be a longshot, but what about Schiano going to Michigan?  I've heard he's waiting for the PSU job, but I think he'd be a nice fit in Ann Arbor.

Archived