• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

roger clemens now might pitch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

for astros

this guy has no credibility

let's see if he is a head hunter in NL

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

LOL... finally, this is what we've all been waiting for... does he have the balls to throw at people's heads when they have the opportunity to get him back.  can you picture him playing against the Mets and Piazza.  that's gonna rock... thats better than Manny vs Clemens.

agreed

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Good for Clemens. I'm not a real big Clemens fan b/c I will always consider him to be a RedSox, but I do respect his approach to the game.

Yo can't blame Clemens for throwing inside. The pitcher should be forced to serve the ball down the middle of the plate. Clemens also is a personality something that baseball is sorely lacking.

I also think that he should come back, especially in the National League. It would be nice for the fans in the Senior circuit to watch the last 300 game winner baseball is going to have for a long, long time.

I agree, pitchers should own the inside of the plate, but a few pitchers, including clemens, go a little too far.  If someone hits a homerun off clemens, next time up, he's getting thrown at, and if clemens doesn't like him, then the target is above the shoulders.  

clemens and martinez throw inside like they do because there is no fear of retribution

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Pedro developed his reputation as a 'headhunter' while in the minor leagues for the Expos. He took his at bats like everyone else in the Senior circuit.

Clemens did not back down when he pitched against the Mets in the World Series at Shea Stadium. So again, teams had their chances to get their licks against the Rocket.

Pitchers like Marshial, Gibson, Dyrsdale etc did not have the benefit of the DH and made a living pitching inside. Furthermore they would knock down their own grandmothers if they thought they we being shown up.

We wouldn't see Barry Bonds or Sammy sosa do thier little schitick in the 1960s. Like in hockey, if given the chance players will police themselves.

Nothing worse than seeing a 134lb shortstop showboating after cranking out a 400ft home run. If I was pitching and a little runt like that tried to show me up, I would make him eat dirt during his next at bat.

MLB needs to get rid of the DH.

see how many batters martinez hit in NL as opposed to al

and get back too me

DH sucks

i agree about pitchers in 60's but batters typically didn't show up pitchers.more mutual respect.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Pitchers like Marshial, Gibson, Dyrsdale etc did not have the benefit of the DH and made a living pitching inside. Furthermore they would knock down their own grandmothers if they thought they we being shown up.

We wouldn't see Barry Bonds or Sammy sosa do thier little schitick in the 1960s. Like in hockey, if given the chance players will police themselves.

Nothing worse than seeing a 134lb shortstop showboating after cranking out a 400ft home run. If I was pitching and a little runt like that tried to show me up, I would make him eat dirt during his next at bat.

MLB needs to get rid of the DH.

The DH isn't the problem so much as the fact that pitchers simply can't pitch inside anymore.

If Gibson/Drysdale/etc did any of the stuff today they did in the 60s, they'd be fined, ejected, suspended, and face constant mound-chargings from whiny, irate batters. And I'm just talking about pitching inside -- forget about something as horrid as throwing behind a guy who shows you up.

That, along with the current enforcement of the strike zone, essentially MAKE pitchers throw the ball right over the plate like it's Little League. And everybody wonders why there are so many home runs hit. Hint: the ball's not juiced.