• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Jenkins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

USF needs playmakers like Mike Jenkins and George Selvie on offense. Outside of Grothe we don't have any natural born game changing playmakers on offense. Jenkins and Selive play their position at an extra gear. Who on offense can you say the same thing about other than Matt Grothe?

Mike Ford can likely be a game changing player....but he needs to see the ball more than 4X  a game!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Jenkins is a senior, anyone remember how bad he was at times his freshman year?  Selvie is a 2 year starter who will be better as a senior.  All the skill positions on offense are young: Mitchell, Hester and Bogan to name a few.  The only upperclass receivers we have ar Amarri and Taurus.  Taurus was out and well Amarri is Amarri.  We have some good talent on the Offense but it needs time to develop, just like Grothe will be better as a senior than now.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, so much for him being 'soft' like some ppl were saying last week.

Jenkins definitely retired the mangina reference and earned his man card back.  That hit was spectacular.  I hope he continues to play with that passion in the last 3 games.

*Awaiting mikebeau's response..........*

I definitely will step up and say he is a beast.  That hit was right in front of my section.  It was great. I would hate to soil the moment and say I wish he would have hit like that earlier in the season so I won't.  It was great.  Congrats Mike Jenkins.  Lets see more of it.  :clap

Edit--- BigShoop, I was going to post a topic but didn't think "Mike Jenkins doesn't have a mangina" was appropiate

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Jenkins is a senior, anyone remember how bad he was at times his freshman year?  Selvie is a 2 year starter who will be better as a senior.  All the skill positions on offense are young: Mitchell, Hester and Bogan to name a few.  The only upperclass receivers we have ar Amarri and Taurus.  Taurus was out and well Amarri is Amarri.  We have some good talent on the Offense but it needs time to develop, just like Grothe will be better as a senior than now.

if he is here as a senior

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Agreed, if George is here as a senior.  My  bigger point was that our guys need time to develop, especially on the offensive side.  Our D will be young next year, so the offense needs to get better fast.

• Content Count:  403

1. Selvie will be here as a senior.  For starters, DE is one of the harder positions to transition from college to pro.  Look at Gaines Adams and the guy that Houston took #1 last year.  And this year, Selvie has good stats against bad teams.  He's been shut down by the better teams.

2.  When Jenkins took off down the sideline on that kick return, I saw him hit a gear that I've never seen anyone hit before.  He absolutely flew!  Oh my gosh the guy is fast!

• Content Count:  143

The Jenkins' hit made ESPN's Ultimate Highlight reel - saw it this morning.  It's only about a quarter of a second long...  Short, but still oh so very sweet!!  ;D

I haven't been able to find it online yet though - still looking!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1. Selvie will be here as a senior.  For starters, DE is one of the harder positions to transition from college to pro.  Look at Gaines Adams and the guy that Houston took #1 last year.  And this year, Selvie has good stats against bad teams.  He's been shut down by the better teams.

2.  When Jenkins took off down the sideline on that kick return, I saw him hit a gear that I've never seen anyone hit before.  He absolutely flew!  Oh my gosh the guy is fast!

That is the most speed I have ever seen in person EVER (including 3 years of Florida state High School track and field Championships).

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Yeah, so much for him being 'soft' like some ppl were saying last week.

Jenkins definitely retired the mangina reference and earned his man card back.  That hit was spectacular.  I hope he continues to play with that passion in the last 3 games.

*Awaiting mikebeau's response..........*

I definitely will step up and say he is a beast.  That hit was right in front of my section.  It was great. I would hate to soil the moment and say I wish he would have hit like that earlier in the season so I won't.  It was great.  Congrats Mike Jenkins.  Lets see more of it.   :clap

Edit--- BigShoop, I was going to post a topic but didn't think "Mike Jenkins doesn't have a mangina" was appropiate

Mike,

Thanks for manning up!

Archived