• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the last 3 games show why

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

we dont use the 5 star recruit we have. we use a walk on.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

The problem is not recruiting.  The last 3 games show we need to make fewer mistakes.  We clearly have the athletes to win, despite 3 WRs being injured (and Bogan out for part of tonight's game), several OL injured all year, and Ford having to go to the hospital last week.  We have many NFL prospects.  But hey, we lost 3 games by 3, 7, and 5 points with chances to win all 3, so let's go ahead and attack every facet of our team, huh?

Thank you, not to mention we put together a great comeback today.

Which comeback would you be referring to exactly?

We were down 38-17 and lost by 5, last time I checked that is a comeback as in we came back from 21 points down, lost by one possesion and had a couple of chances to win it in the final seconds. But you probably left with 6 minutes left like everyone else though and didn't get to see that so I will forgive you for being a dumbass. Oh wait, no I don't!

• Content Count:  400

we dont use the 5 star recruit we have. we use a walk on.

haha

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

The problem is not recruiting.  The last 3 games show we need to make fewer mistakes.  We clearly have the athletes to win, despite 3 WRs being injured (and Bogan out for part of tonight's game), several OL injured all year, and Ford having to go to the hospital last week.  We have many NFL prospects.  But hey, we lost 3 games by 3, 7, and 5 points with chances to win all 3, so let's go ahead and attack every facet of our team, huh?

We were down 38-17 and lost by 5, last time I checked that is a comeback as in we came back from 21 points down, lost by one possesion and had a couple of chances to win it in the final seconds. But you probably left with 6 minutes left like everyone else though and didn't get to see that so I will forgive you for being a dumbass. Oh wait, no I don't!

First of all, I didn't leave.

Second of all, I don't consider losing by a lesser margin a comeback. I consider WINNING a comeback.

• Content Count:  1,370

we need to worry that we are only getting 2 and 3 star recruits so far this year.  WVU, UL, RU, Pitt are all blowing us away in recruiting the past 2 years.  There is not much seperating us from UConn, UC, and SU.  It is showing on the field.  It's the reason why UConn, UC, and RU have won 2 of the last 3 from us.  Going back a few years WVU wasn't do much more in recruiting than us but they picked it up the last couple of years.  We are going to have a hard time breaking into the top 3 in the Big East unless our recruiting classes get better.

With this said, it is remarkable what we have accomplished to date.  I think we have seniors on this squad who we signed before we were even in CUSA.  SO I'm not saying we have failed in recruiting.  I'm just saying we need to pick it up to keep up with the rest of the league or we will continue to go to the pizza bowl year in and year out.

While WVU, UL, RU, Pitt and UCONN get a few FL players here and there, our two and three star Florida recruits are either the equivalent of or better than the three and four star recruits they typically recruit. The same goes for our four stars versus their five stars. Florida recruits are just on a higher level than those in most of the rest of the country. This is one of the reasons as to why we've been so successful in such a short period of time.

• Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

First of all, I didn't leave.

Second of all, I don't consider losing by a lesser margin a comeback. I consider WINNING a comeback.

I know what you are saying!  We seem to get down so early that it is a fight just to get that chance and we can't punch it out and get out with a W.

• Content Count:  695

So what, the Bulls should have just rolled over and died and gotten blown out in their homecoming game instead of putting up a spirited and valiant effort in a comeback attempt that nearly ended up succeeding. We had a chance to win even though 3/4ths of the stadium had left. Even though our O-line is depleted, our best receivers out including Boggans for most of the game including key situations, Ford's been banged up, yet we had a ******* chance to win.

Your all so pathetic, none of you deserve to be college football fans (note: I mean the people who disagree with me, not everyone who has ever posted on this board so don't be a ******* dumbass.)

• Content Count:  635

So what, the Bulls should have just rolled over and died and gotten blown out in their homecoming game instead of putting up a spirited and valiant effort in a comeback attempt that nearly ended up succeeding. We had a chance to win even though 3/4ths of the stadium had left. Even though our O-line is depleted, our best receivers out including Boggans for most of the game including key situations, Ford's been banged up, yet we had a ******* chance to win.

Your all so pathetic, none of you deserve to be college football fans (note: I mean the people who disagree with me, not everyone who has ever posted on this board so don't be a ******* dumbass.)

ah yes, it's great to see the ultra-elitist attitude again.

it's ironic that you have the STUPID elitist mentality of an Ohio State fan, but you have the STUPID ideation that we made some sort of spirited comeback, only to come short, which is the kind of STUPID excuse a UCF fan would spit out! you've managed to become the most idiotic possible fan on earth. congratulations on your title, oh, and no matter how hard you root for the Bulls and no matter how much you'll try to convince yourself that it's the other "fake" fans' fault for the loss, the team just isn't that good.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Your all so pathetic, none of you deserve to be college football fans

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

This from the guy who posts on one of our players' FaceBook site how much he sucks.

This from the guy who calls himself the "Hitler Of USF Football."

This from the guy who -- since the departure of one Ryan Hamilton -- has been the laughing stock of this message board.

Keep it up, Colby.

The average adult laughs just three times per day, but thanks to you, we here on the BullsPen far exceed that just by reading your brilliant posts.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

• Content Count:  21

WVU fan here... Our recruiting success has been much more recent than what you might think. The '07 class was ranked in the top 20 for the first time I can remember. The '06 class had zero 5-star recruits and exactly one 4-star... and that guy didn't even make it on campus.

'07 was a great class and '08 is shaping up to be another nice one, but for the most part we have been making a living with 1 and 2 star kids and the occasional 3 and 4 star.

Still, I do agree that getting the under-the-radar players can only get you so far. I love our overachieving guys, but we still haven't been able to get over the hump with them.

And I think the conference as a whole needs to step it up. Scout's recruiting rankings have the Big East a distant 6th behind the other BCS conferences.

Archived