What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

the last 3 games show why

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  501
  • Days Won:  0

we need to worry that we are only getting 2 and 3 star recruits so far this year.  WVU, UL, RU, Pitt are all blowing us away in recruiting the past 2 years.  There is not much seperating us from UConn, UC, and SU.  It is showing on the field.  It's the reason why UConn, UC, and RU have won 2 of the last 3 from us.  Going back a few years WVU wasn't do much more in recruiting than us but they picked it up the last couple of years.  We are going to have a hard time breaking into the top 3 in the Big East unless our recruiting classes get better.

With this said, it is remarkable what we have accomplished to date.  I think we have seniors on this squad who we signed before we were even in CUSA.  SO I'm not saying we have failed in recruiting.  I'm just saying we need to pick it up to keep up with the rest of the league or we will continue to go to the pizza bowl year in and year out.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  743

One thing that doesn't make any sense to me is how you can recruit people to go play in Connecticut and not play in beautiful Florida. Why would you want to go play in New Jersey in the snow when you can play in Florida? Why would you want to leave the state and go play there when you can stay in state and be part of something special? Are we doing something wrong in recruiting? Why can't we sell our school to 4 and 5 star recruits? We should be landing a few 4+ star recruits every year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  20,228
  • Days Won:  88

Not for nothin, but some kids like to play football in 70, 60 and 50 degree weather, not 90's like they do here in FL.  Football in the fall up north is not freezing nor snowy for the most part.  Rarely snows before Dec. 

I'll take my beach weather year round and I'm willing to bet that 90% of college students would do the same. There is a reason kids want to go play in states like Florida, Texas and California.

• Content Count:  400

I'll take my beach weather year round and I'm willing to bet that 90% of college students would do the same. There is a reason kids want to go play in states like Florida, Texas and California.

no, i think it's because those kids are FROM states like florida, texas, and cali.. that being said, many people don't buy into the recruiting rankings, believing that it more has to do with coaching and developing the recruit.  but i agree, why develop a kid who is just an athlete and doesnt have much experience at WR when you can develop a kid who was a star WR in high school?  we all know the state has plenty of 'em at the h.s. level, so that shouldnt be an excuse.

no, i think it's because those kids are FROM states like florida, texas, and cali.. that being said, many people don't buy into the recruiting rankings, believing that it more has to do with coaching and developing the recruit.  but i agree, why develop a kid who is just an athlete and doesnt have much experience at WR when you can develop a kid who was a star WR in high school?  we all know the state has plenty of 'em at the h.s. level, so that shouldnt be an excuse.

Exactly, why would a kid from the south want to go up north? I understand there are going to be exceptions but there should be no problems going out and getting kids to come to Tampa to be part of something special going on down here.

• Content Count:  3,403

The problem is not recruiting.  The last 3 games show we need to make fewer mistakes.  We clearly have the athletes to win, despite 3 WRs being injured (and Bogan out for part of tonight's game), several OL injured all year, and Ford having to go to the hospital last week.  We have many NFL prospects.  But hey, we lost 3 games by 3, 7, and 5 points with chances to win all 3, so let's go ahead and attack every facet of our team, huh?

• Content Count:  695

The problem is not recruiting.  The last 3 games show we need to make fewer mistakes.  We clearly have the athletes to win, despite 3 WRs being injured (and Bogan out for part of tonight's game), several OL injured all year, and Ford having to go to the hospital last week.  We have many NFL prospects.  But hey, we lost 3 games by 3, 7, and 5 points with chances to win all 3, so let's go ahead and attack every facet of our team, huh?

Thank you, not to mention we put together a great comeback today.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you, not to mention we put together a great comeback today.

Which comeback would you be referring to exactly?

Archived