• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe sets single-game passing yardage record today.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Hey, at least Alvarado's gotta be psyched today... nobody's calling for HIM to be benched for someone else.

We lost by 7 because of his blocked punt ..... Teachey is the man.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line, Grothe cost us that game... again.  No reason not to bench him. 

Josh, with all due respect...  That's the most ridiculous statement you've ever made.  And I sit right next to you, so I know you make quite a few.  ;-)

382 yards in the air.  75 on the ground. 

457 yards of offense didn't cost us the game.  Giving up 31 points in the first quarter had a hell of a lot more to do with us losing than Grothe did.

Matt, I have to call BS on you on this one, but if we're getting personal, how do you know?  You weren't there to see him in the second half.

I was there. Let me ask you this... If we had a different QB, maybe one that doesn't play like Grothe does, are we even in this game? He had 450 yards of total offense... Give the guy a break. He plays his heart out week in and week out. Tonight he played for 457 yards. He had 4 picks but he isn't the type of QB to sit in the pocket and throw the ball 54 times. Our offense should have used the running game to back him up especially with 2 starting receivers out. How can you blame a guy that isn't a pocket passer for throwing a few picks when they ask him to throw 54 times? Get real. Grothe is our QB and I love the way he plays.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Hey, at least Alvarado's gotta be psyched today... nobody's calling for HIM to be benched for someone else.

D*mn you...  8)

• Content Count:  1,757

Josh, with all due respect...  That's the most ridiculous statement you've ever made.  And I sit right next to you, so I know you make quite a few.  ;-)

457 yards of offense didn't cost us the game.  Giving up 31 points in the first quarter had a hell of a lot more to do with us losing than Grothe did.

Matt, I have to call BS on you on this one, but if we're getting personal, how do you know?  You weren't there to see him in the second half.

Funny, but I was.  I just wasn't sitting next to you because I got tired of the F-word ringing off my ears every 5 seconds.

But thanks for caring. ;D

Don't even try to insinuate that I was using the F-word or any other profanity.  Funny thing, I thought you left because you "couldn't watch this anymore."

• Content Count:  1,261

Take off your Grothe pajamas  ;D and just own up to the fact he made alot of huge plays (as usual) but he also threw 54 passes and when you throw it 54 times you're gonna have at least 300 yards passing. Some of those interceptions were incredibly idiotic. The passing record today isn't worth anything, and I'm sure he would tell you the same thing.

I feel calling on Voss is outrageous, too, but we need to hold Matt as accountable as any other player on this team. He gives us the best chance to win, sure.

But he isn't as invincible as most on this board would lead you to believe.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

D*mn you...   8)

They can only bash Grothe and Gregory so long ..... you know it's coming.

Funny, but I was.  I just wasn't sitting next to you because I got tired of the F-word ringing off my ears every 5 seconds.

But thanks for caring. ;D

Don't even try to insinuate that I was using the F-word or any other profanity.  Funny thing, I thought you left because you "couldn't watch this anymore."

C'mon dude... your "guests" had to remind you there were kids present.  But whatever... I'm cool with you blowing off steam at me after a loss.  I can handle it.  We're pals and, hell, even my wife and I have little spats... we're bound to disagree from time to time. ;)

But to get back on track... feel free at any time to lay out the reasons why Grothe cost us this game.  I'm listening.

Take off your Grothe pajamas  ;D and just own up to the fact he made alot of huge plays (as usual) but he also threw 54 passes and when you throw it 54 times you're gonna have at least 300 yards passing. Some of those interceptions were incredibly idiotic. The passing record today isn't worth anything, and I'm sure he would tell you the same thing.

I feel calling on Voss is outrageous, too, but we need to hold Matt as accountable as any other player on this team. He gives us the best chance to win, sure.

Nobody's NOT holding him accountable... the picks he threw that weren't tipped were badly thrown balls.  Nobody's denying it, we all saw it (even if we weren't sitting in our usual seats).  ;-)

And yeah, the "record" is pretty worthless and a pure factor of the # of throws we had.  It was probably the ugliest near-400 yard game I've ever seen as a Bulls fan.  But calling for his benching is a tad much.

• Content Count:  743

And everyone will agree that Matt shouldn't be throwing the ball 54 f-ing times. The passing record isn't worth anything but there is no reason for him to have thrown the ball that many times and when you ask a qb like Matt to throw the ball that many times you have to know he's going to turn it over a few times. He isn't a drop back passer. He isn't that accurate. He is a tough, play making, overachiever.

• Content Count:  1,261

why is it a 'tad much' to start putting some heat on him.  He's making the same mistakes EVERY. *******. GAME.

No adjustment.

Plus, we all know Greg Gregory (same problem) isn't going anywhere.

It would be intriguing, however, to see how Grothe would respond to a benching. We'd get a chance to see how much of a 'team player' he really is.

Archived