• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Grothe Needs to Play Better!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

E.T. I wish that many more of our fans had attitudes like yours.

Go Bulls

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

I don't have a bad attitude, just making an observation that I have seen over the last couple of games.  I'm hoping Grothe gets out of the little funk that he has been in.  I have not seen him change a play that has been called in other than when the coaches on the sideline changes it for him. 

Throwing the ball to the 2nd or 3rd receiver is not audibling out of a play.

• Content Count:  1,991

Bulls fan, are you down on the field?  My spouse and I have seen him aublile many plays

Grothe is a good QB and if we were winning , I am sure I would not be reading these types of posts, I don't think I saw them the first 6 games

Thats because it took 6 games for teams to figure Grothe out, now that they have figured him out and we continue to run the same gameplan, game in & game out and we do not adjust, you may not see us win another football game.  Yes we did win 6 games, BUT we only beat Elon & FAU because we had more depth than them same reasons schools like Oklahoma, Alabama, & Penn St beat us in yrs past. We were always in the game with those schools and finally they just had more depth and won.

• Content Count:  1,238

I have seen him audible out of plays.

I have seen him look at 2nd & 3rd receivers.

I have seen him throw the ball long.

I have not seen him leap tall buildings.

I expect great things from him the remaining of this season and for 2 more.

Go BULLS !!!

I saw him stop a train once...

or was that a taxi?  ;D

:hippy

• Content Count:  282

Bulls fan, are you down on the field?  My spouse and I have seen him aublile many plays

Grothe is a good QB and if we were winning , I am sure I would not be reading these types of posts, I don't think I saw them the first 6 games

Thats because it took 6 games for teams to figure Grothe out, now that they have figured him out and we continue to run the same gameplan, game in & game out and we do not adjust, you may not see us win another football game.  Yes we did win 6 games, BUT we only beat Elon & FAU because we had more depth than them same reasons schools like Oklahoma, Alabama, & Penn St beat us in yrs past. We were always in the game with those schools and finally they just had more depth and won.

If what you mean is that everything changed after the Rutgars game you would be correct.  Walt Walker went down and forced all sorts of changes to the O-line including a new starter and position shifts.  Result:  Rutgars defense sacked Matt 7 times in the second half alone.  

Long story short:  this is not the same team as in the first 6 games.  O-Line protection changed for the worse, TJ went down and has not yet returned at reciever, Amarri is injured (you can debate whether this is a good thing or not but he is the starter), Ford had his ribs injured against UCONN, etc etc etc.  These are not excuses, just facts.

The other teams did not suddenly "figure us out".  Our team got beat up and some breaks have gone against us.  A lot of things have changed.  We run many of the same offensive schemes because you can't call what you can't execute.  It is tempting to boil it down to some simple, pat blame assignment (Gregory sucks, Grothe sucks, they don't play Ford enough) but the fact is that we are fighting MANY changes, not many of them in our favor.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

Postmortem and Southshore, it does not matter how talented your running backs or QB is if they have no offensive line.  The line protects for the pass plays and opens gaps for the running game.  If it does not do one of those things a team becomes predictable and is shut down.  If it does neither you have what you see out of USF right now....a versitle QB taking the team on his shoulders and trying to do it all himself.  This leads to him looking bad because he will not be able to do it all and will make mistakes.  

The simple fact is that as the season has progressed we have gotten banged up on the O-line and our attack has become one or non-dimensional (with the exception of what Matt G. can create on his own or what his recievers, if you want to call them that, catch).

So to complete the circle, if the O-line does not perform, the "skill" positions become almost worthless on attack and new ones won't solve the problem.  We need talent on the O-line pronto!

Though it is not "romantic" to place the blame where it belongs, this is the truth.  And these guys are young and trying, but they are outgunned.  Without an O'line, no one will look good.  But instead of blaming the apparent culprits, people need to dig deeper and see that Grothe and the runners don't have the support they need to look good.

Really, this our next recruiting priority and getting some of those corn-fed upper mid-westerners who would like to spend time on the beach and eye the bikini girls would benefit the people who are getting blamed right now.

why dont we have an oline

how can usf be so out manned?

leavitt needs to step up recruiting

Archived