• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

They are college athletes & I support our guys 100%

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Our guys aren't professionals and they play for the love of the game --and upholding school pride.

Whatever happens the rest of the way, this team has been awesome this year.

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

Correction - the team in the first half of the season has been awesome.  This second half of the season has been a joke.  What a disappointment.  I have been a die hard fan for years, and haven't missed a game in 3 years.  I'm not about to turn my back on my team, but I am thoroughly disappointed.  And angry.  We should be 9-0 right now.  The fact is - Rutgers, Connecticut AND Cincy did not beat us - we beat ourselves. 

• Content Count:  187

If at the beginning of the season you said the Bulls would finish 9-3 you would say it was a good season figuring losses to Auburn, WV and either Louisville or Rutgers.  What is disappointing is that USF beat Auburn and WV and had the chance to go undefeated as their remaining schedule was easier than the one they had already played.

The good thing is that this is a young team and if they learn from their mistakes and keep improving they should be awesome when Grothe is a senior.  Recruiting top players and getting more depth is what they need and hopefully with the early press they received and the Miami/FSU collapse this year better players will come to USF.  It also wouldn't hurt to find a consistent offensive game plan.  I do not know if we are a running team or a throwing team.  It looks like we a re a Grothe sandlot play offense this season which has finally blown up in our face.  Matt can't do it all on his own.

Finish strong Bulls and build a foundation for next season.

• Content Count:  11

If we play like we've played the last 3 weeks, we'll be lucky to go 7-5.

• Content Count:  635

If at the beginning of the season you said the Bulls would finish 9-3 you would say it was a good season

WRONG. maybe you have low expectations but i certainly don't.

• Content Count:  2,307

I predicted 9-3...but the losses were not to the teams we've lost to so far.

While my realistic expectations are still alive, it disappoints me that we lose to the team that we could and should have beat.  After the Auburn and WV wins losing to UCONN, RU and Cinci hurts really bad.

Good bye rankings... it was fun while it lasted.  Next year and 09---will be our years.

Go Bulls! Finish Strong!

• Content Count:  187

I did not say 9-3 would be a GREAT season but a GOOD season.  Considering the experts picked them to finish 4th in the conference 9-3 would have been better than expected.

If you expected them to go 11-1 or undefeated you need a reality check for the following reasons:

Could not have expected to win at Auburn.

Bulls lost at home to Rutgers last year so why would you EXPECT them to win at Rutgers.

Lost at UCONN two years ago and like USF, UCONN is improving.

WV is a top ten team, no gimmie game at home.

Got crushed by Cincy last year.

There is a reason why USF had the #7 ranked schedule in the country.  The Big East is the second or third best football conference in the nation and games against North Carolina and Auburn made their out of conference schedule decent.

• Content Count:  2,478

Correction - the team in the first half of the season has been awesome.  This second half of the season has been a joke.  What a disappointment.  I have been a die hard fan for years, and haven't missed a game in 3 years.  I'm not about to turn my back on my team, but I am thoroughly disappointed.  And angry.  We should be 9-0 right now.  The fact is - Rutgers, Connecticut AND Cincy did not beat us - we beat ourselves. 

Everything you just said is exactly how I feel.

• Content Count:  743

I did not say 9-3 would be a GREAT season but a GOOD season.  Considering the experts picked them to finish 4th in the conference 9-3 would have been better than expected.

If you expected them to go 11-1 or undefeated you need a reality check for the following reasons:

Could not have expected to win at Auburn.

Bulls lost at home to Rutgers last year so why would you EXPECT them to win at Rutgers.

Lost at UCONN two years ago and like USF, UCONN is improving.

WV is a top ten team, no gimmie game at home.

Got crushed by Cincy last year.

There is a reason why USF had the #7 ranked schedule in the country.  The Big East is the second or third best football conference in the nation and games against North Carolina and Auburn made their out of conference schedule decent.

I fully expected them to beat Auburn because AU typically doesn't play well early in the season and we came in with a chip on our shoulder.

We have improved greatly from last year. Our QB is better, we have an improved run game, better coverage and equal LB play, why shouldn't we expect to beat Rutgers?

Just because we lost 2 years ago doesn't mean we shouldn't roll through teams like UCONN. We should win that game 9 times out of 10.

WVU is a tough team but we run the spread too... we have an idea on how to slow them down. We should continue to beat them.

Cincy shouldn't beat us. Ever again. How do you recruit kids to go to Cincinnati?

There is a reason that some of us had high expectations. Granted I expected us to have 2 or 3 losses but not the 3 that we have had. It's embarrassing but our team has enough talent to figure it out and win out.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know whether to be happy or sad that 6-3 and a trip to #2 in the rankings feels like my guts were ripped out.

Either way, the year's been more than I (and most people) expected, and it ain't over yet.

Archived