• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hate to even broach the subject, but.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

why shotgun spread, because grothe is fast and can run to the outside.  If he goes play action when they are bringin 8 = sack. There is no wya he can get away in time. especially in an inside blitz.  With shotgun formation you can run the option a lot better.

I will add the the big guys up front have been beat up and we are missing some of our starters and other have been position shifted to cover the losses.  With MG in the 'gun it buys time and compensates for the lack of protection.

On the thread theme, MG is stuck with recievers who drop passes consistently and a run game that can't get moving due to lack of O-line run blocking.  The issues are not his but those around him and inept OC play calling IMHO.

GG. You win. Thread over.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  26

i see your point, but the spike was not on first down, it was after he got sacked and it was 2nd and 22, then 3rd and 22 with the clock stopped.  I was sitting in the upper deck so i personally couldn't see if he looked to the sideline or not. I also agree with Gregory being slow which is a constant problem, but I feel some of Grothes iissues go beyond that, I do agree completely he is here to stay for 2 years with plenty of upside, but if he isnt playing well, thats really all there is to it in my opinion, and he clearly hasnt been playing well. Even with our #1 and 2 WRs plays werent happening so saying its because of our 3-8 receivers isnt a logical argument

Ok, I have read it so many times, that I have to respond (since it keeps coming up 3 weeks later). The spike against RU was on first down. The clock had just stopped to re-set the chains. Grothe clearly looked to the side lines. Do you think he looked over there, got a signal, and then just decided to spike it?

My guess is that GG couldn't make up his mind, and sent in the signal to kill the clock. Just my opinion, but he was clearly looking to the sideline before that spike.

Gregory was soooooo slow getting the calls in tonight. Even on first downs, the clock was running 8 seconds before the snap. That's not on Grothe, the plays have to get in quicker.

It's like Gregory calls one play at a time with no forsight. Call a play, watch it "holy ****", that worked, we picked up 8 yards, now what'? Instead of thinking, ok, if this play works like I think it should, we will either get the first down and go with this play next, or we'll pick up 6-8 yards, and we'll go with this for the short first. He isn't thinking ahead.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

i see your point, but the spike was not on first down, it was after he got sacked and it was 2nd and 22, then 3rd and 22 with the clock stopped.  I was sitting in the upper deck so i personally couldn't see if he looked to the sideline or not. I also agree with Gregory being slow which is a constant problem, but I feel some of Grothes iissues go beyond that, I do agree completely he is here to stay for 2 years with plenty of upside, but if he isnt playing well, thats really all there is to it in my opinion, and he clearly hasnt been playing well. Even with our #1 and 2 WRs plays werent happening so saying its because of our 3-8 receivers isnt a logical argument

Ok, I have read it so many times, that I have to respond (since it keeps coming up 3 weeks later). The spike against RU was on first down. The clock had just stopped to re-set the chains. Grothe clearly looked to the side lines. Do you think he looked over there, got a signal, and then just decided to spike it?

My guess is that GG couldn't make up his mind, and sent in the signal to kill the clock. Just my opinion, but he was clearly looking to the sideline before that spike.

Gregory was soooooo slow getting the calls in tonight. Even on first downs, the clock was running 8 seconds before the snap. That's not on Grothe, the plays have to get in quicker.

It's like Gregory calls one play at a time with no forsight. Call a play, watch it "holy ****", that worked, we picked up 8 yards, now what'? Instead of thinking, ok, if this play works like I think it should, we will either get the first down and go with this play next, or we'll pick up 6-8 yards, and we'll go with this for the short first. He isn't thinking ahead.

Not to argue, but since I feel like Denson was completely in the wrong place on the two picks that were thrown in his general direction, I think the argument that playing with reserve receivers carries plenty of weight. My bad on the down though, I would have sworn it was first.

BTW, one of the picks thrown at Denson was a TD if he was in the right spot. Hester's routes haven't been crisp all year (I have seen he and Matt talking-Matt doing all the talking- several times after plays where he was in the wrong place). Matt and TJ, or Matt and Amarri rarely seem to have timing issues.

• Content Count:  26

i see your point about denson being out of position, but my point lies more in the fact that on plays like the end zone pic....he throws, overthrows for that matter, to the guy in the end zone. He needs to see that double coverage and check down, because i dont remember who the reciever was that ran the under route...but he was wide open. That is my beef, he has consistantly made the wrong read all season, he big plays come from running it himself, not from his arm, which is ultimately what is needed in a QB. That type of fundamentals in a QB is nobodys fault but his, the oline and Gregory dont account for his poor QB vision or accuracy

Archived