• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Green Jacket Donors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Dad is looking for season tickets.  I directed him to the website and I think he is all but settled on green jacket donor level.  He asked me about the jacket itself since that is the only thing that is super vague.  I seem to vaguely remember some people on the board mentioning that they had donated and never got their jacket. 

I really hope that I am completely mistaken in my recollection and would like to think our school wouldn't treat donors that way.  He just wants the club access and the jacket is not a big deal to him, but I don't want him to get soured on the whole donor experience (he is not an alum and this would be his first donation to any school other than his alma matter) by having them flake out on something so small... so does anyone have any more information on the whole "green jacket" thing, or any other comments on donating in general?

Thanks all

• Content Count:  446
  • Days Won:  0

I had to call on mine and my buddy's as nothing was ever mentioned.  After calling, they then sent us a certificate to trade in somewhere, but we've yet to do that....it's been a couple of years - I wonder where that certificate is....

If it were me I'd be down there gettin' that sucker on the first day  :)

Is it a USF blazer or just a generic green one?  It would be great if it had a small classy iconic U on the breast or something.  Couldn't find any pictures anywhere, hopefully someone will come through

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Dad is looking for season tickets.  I directed him to the website and I think he is all but settled on green jacket donor level.  He asked me about the jacket itself since that is the only thing that is super vague.  I seem to vaguely remember some people on the board mentioning that they had donated and never got their jacket. 

I really hope that I am completely mistaken in my recollection and would like to think our school wouldn't treat donors that way.  He just wants the club access and the jacket is not a big deal to him, but I don't want him to get soured on the whole donor experience (he is not an alum and this would be his first donation to any school other than his alma matter) by having them flake out on something so small... so does anyone have any more information on the whole "green jacket" thing, or any other comments on donating in general?

Thanks all

It's not a case of USF treating "donors that way". It's been more a case of them just forgetting to send the coupon. At least, that was what happened with me. I upgraded at a busy time and it was just an oversight. A simple phone call and the coupon arrived a couple of days later ......... Or, some people have talked about not getting their jacket because they haven't taken the time to go to Kirby's and get it ..... like me.  ;)

Getting club access is the best investment I've ever made with the Bulls .....   :thumbsup

• Content Count:  808

Getting club access is the best investment I've ever made with the Bulls .....  :thumbsup

So true

It's not a case of USF treating "donors that way". It's been more a case of them just forgetting to send the coupon. At least, that was what happened with me. I upgraded at a busy time and it was just an oversight. A simple phone call and the coupon arrived a couple of days later ......... Or, some people have talked about not getting their jacket because they haven't taken the time to go to Kirby's and get it ..... like me.  ;)

Getting club access is the best investment I've ever made with the Bulls .....  :thumbsup

Wasn't trying to be inflammatory with the way I said it, I'm glad it wasn't an issue.

He's pretty much set on the club access so I'm sure he will be joining you guys soon.

How is the jacket?  I need to try to weasel it out of him since the man has probably worn a nice jacket 5 times in his life. 

• Content Count:  143

I'm reeeeeeeeeeally thinking about upgrading my donor level to the Green Jacket next year...  I've been a "Bullseye" since day 1 (in the Old Sombrero), and am grandfathered into my section (which is now a Green Jacket level).  I've got to admit, I thought that once we started selling out games, they'd HAVE to open up the club access to all "club seating" - just to ease traffic in and out of the stadium, and accommodate concessions.  But - it doesn't look like it's gonna go that way.

I'm in my 10th year of Bucs' tix too - I'm thinking of dropping those ($800 a seat now!!  >:( ) and putting that money toward Green Jacket.

So - it really IS worth the $1K eh?

How is the jacket?

Your dad may find out before I do .....  ;)

How is the jacket?

Your dad may find out before I do .....  ;)

Not if I get my way of weaseling it out of him.  Do you at least know if it is a USF jacket or just a green one?  We're venturing solely into "my obsession with USF gear" territory now.

So - it really IS worth the $1K eh?

Especially if you take wife and kids ..... The thing is though, if you can afford it, it's worth it just to help out our athletic programs.

Archived