• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to tbe bubble screen?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  500
  • Days Won:  0

I know last year this was our staple passing offense, which isnt all that great. But this year I recal maybe 2 or 3 times using this play. When you have atheltic playmakers, that seem to struggle catching balls over the middle, why not try and throw a few of these and let them use their skills?

• Content Count:  1,894

I WAS JUST GOING TO MAKE THIS A POST...we have great team speed....good wr blocking...and yet only because we had ean did we run the wr screen??? LETS GO....I think tj can do it just as well,bogan mitchell or amarri...i mean the wr screen is what beat wvu....we ran it almost every play in morgantown...as they ran it on one drive here in tampa every play all the way down the field till their guy got popped and fumbled. Point is,we aren't running alot of the plays we used to. Rutgers blitzed the **** out of us...wr screen or rb screen woulda solved that. I haven't seen a reverse tried in forever. Matter of fact I havent seen grothe roll out and hit a wr ont he sideline to often anymore either. I guess we used that up. If isn't broke don't fix it, 6-0 and UCF WAS A FIELD DAY GROTHE IN THE POCKET...now we are stuck there. Maybe ucf hurt us the most. Grothe had to run for his life at auburn and wvu and he shined like he normally does. I think we need to play controlled but open up the play calling alittle bit. Wr screen is a play that models what usf is about. It used to be our first play of the game to get the players into the flow of the game. The quick out pass to the wr. I hope we play up tempo tommorow. Our D will play behind our crowd,too many people talking about bandwagon fans right now. Who gives a S#$^..THEY are not you.  Im pumped up!,and i hope we see some screens.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Bubble screens as a whole have not been used as they used to.  8-10 years ago, it was the most popular play in football, but nowadays you're lucky to see it once per game.  My guess as to why we haven't seen it is due to our WRs being jammed at the line for most of the year.  Or it could be that the new OC, Greg Gregory doesn't like to call that play.  Not sure really.

• Content Count:  635

looks like someone burst the bubble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,165

They transferred to WVU

• Content Count:  635

i guess you could say the bubble has been "popped"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

i guess you could say the bubble has been "popped"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to worry about more important things. An example would be: are the Dolphins actually going to win a game this year? 

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

i hope not. i want Glenn Dorsey.

Fans which root against their own teams, pathetic. ::)

• Content Count:  1,370

I know last year this was our staple passing offense, which isnt all that great. But this year I recal maybe 2 or 3 times using this play. When you have atheltic playmakers, that seem to struggle catching balls over the middle, why not try and throw a few of these and let them use their skills?

So far, two bubble screens today. Perhaps Coach Gregory looks at this site every now and then.  ;D

Archived